CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heat are better at every position that's not AD and LBJ. And having Bam/Butler against AD/LBJ is a pretty good matchup.

But the Heat are thin and inexperienced....if they play at their peak and the Laker shooters freeze they have a shot, but teams this young rarely play at their peak.

who is experienced besides bron and rondo? Its fairly even when it comes
To experience because our coaching staff been there where this is vogel’s first time.
UD even tho he dont play is a champ so is Iggy and dragic is a euro champ. AD aint did shyt along with kuz caruso etc.

bron and AD been carrying the lakers where are role player and butler been taking turns
Carrying the responsibility. This series will come down to the better role players.

I think spo will start meyers at the 5 in spot minutes since that will bring howard out the paint cause he can hit the 3 and force vogel to go small with AD at the 5 again but we aint got no damn 6’5 center for him to
Bully

F K

All Star
Daps
There's absolutely no logical reason the heat should win this series. But we will anyway :jawalrus:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
120180563-132665431893016-1074551698904828942-n.jpg

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Heat are better at every position that's not AD and LBJ. And having Bam/Butler against AD/LBJ is a pretty good matchup.

But the Heat are thin and inexperienced....if they play at their peak and the Laker shooters freeze they have a shot, but teams this young rarely play at their peak.
Honestly wish we had made a trade for a Nerlens Noel or similar player. Not a "big" move, but have a solid piece behind Bam

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Not feeling the title, 2Quik. Woulda added an X-Men homage: Days of Future Past. :manny:

Anyways, Lakers in 6. Hopefully they can do it in less.

Ima be real, I never watched any of them X-Men movies. When the first ones came out and ain’t have Gambit I never watched nan one of them shyts. I dunno, only the 90s cartoon does it for me. Title and thread was lazy I agree but whatever shyt overwith :manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
who is experienced besides bron and rondo? Its fairly even when it comes
To experience because our coaching staff been there where this is vogel’s first time.
UD even tho he dont play is a champ so is Iggy and dragic is a euro champ. AD aint did shyt along with kuz caruso etc.

bron and AD been carrying the lakers where are role player and butler been taking turns
Carrying the responsibility. This series will come down to the better role players.

I think spo will start meyers at the 5 in spot minutes since that will bring howard out the paint cause he can hit the 3 and force vogel to go small with AD at the 5 again but we aint got no damn 6’5 center for him to
Bully
Rondo-Danny Green-LeBron-Dwight are all long-term vets who have all been to Finals before. All of them other than Dwight have been to multiple Finals and won at least one. Those are 4 of the 6-7 most important players on the LA roster.

Miami doesn't have a single player like that unless you count Iggy and he's not a top-6 player for them. Butler has never been to a Finals in his career and rarely even been to a ECF. I'm not talking about vague leadership shyt, I'm talking each player's own confidence in the moment and individual play on the court. Players almost always do better their 2nd time there, though this year might be weird.

Also, LA doesn't rely on any 1st or 2nd year players, though Caruso is sort of like a 2nd-year player he's been in the pipeline a while. Whereas Miami has a rookie, a 2nd-year guy, and a 3rd-year guy as 3 of their 5 most important players.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Iunno why people are talking like this is gon be some cakewalk for the Lakers...After Bron & AD the Heat have the next best 5-6 players. That's huge. The Heat have devastating shooting....and more importantly...they know Lebron inside out...the one org in the league that can say they "developed" Lebron. They know his mentality...they know his strengths...and they gonna try to exploit all the weaknesses. They gonna prob try to play mind games and challenge his iq.

This might end up being the toughest series for Bron since the Spurs in 13. Back then that Heat Culture got him thru....now its coming at him:wow:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Of the four teams that competed in the Conference Finals, the Lakers finished with the highest 3-point shooting rate at 34.5% and overall shooting rate at 50.2%
Boston had one of the best 3-point shooting defenses in the NBA. Their starting 5 had 3 potential future defensive 1st/2nd team wings who could switch easily. For some reason, ppl don’t respect the eastern conference and any team Miami faces and beats, ppl downplay that teams defensive capabilities(not saying you’re doing this, I just mean in general). Best believe that effected Miami’s overall 3-point shooting numbers.

:hubie:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
First off I gotta I tip my hat to Riles, Spo and co. I have given them shyt these last few years. I still think they could be here and have had more success had they just worked with Bron. Nonetheless, they pulled off what so many other squads have failed to do and they did it without turning into straight shyt. Respect is due.

As far as the series goes, MIA only has one edge...shooting. Lakers got the best two players, experience, versatility, and size. If the Lakers can get decent shooting from the role players and/or if the Heat get cold/held in check this will be a quick series. Much like with Denver, that falling behind and coming back in the end shyt ain't gonna work with these Lakers. It's gonna be interesting to see the Lakers defensive approach, as the Heat present a well balanced attack. They don't have that one guy that you have to double team. Will that make it easier or harder?

What do the Heat do defensively when Bam Bam sits? He's probably the best matchup for AD we've seen so far but frontcourt duty is all on him. If Dwight is out there, he will have to guard him and keep him off the boards. Will they be able to do what HOU did and force him off the court and make it a small ball battle? Thing is the Lakers small ball lineup is still a problem.

Last but not least, you know Bron is motivated. I don't think we will see "Let the game come to him" Bron this series. He is this close to another ring and you got Riles on the other side.

All that said, I am just glad we are here and able to see this.
How did Miami not try to work with Bron?

:jbhmm:

What more should Miami have done to keep him there? His mind was made up. He wanted to go home. We(Miami) held up our end of the bargain just as much as Bron did delivering two titles. Bron chose what he chose. There’s nothing to be angry by or to be motivated by or hold a grudge over. The Heat were the Heat before LeBron and after Lebron. The culture is the culture. And samething Vice verse. LeBron is one of the goats with Miami and after Miami/Without Miami. In the end, both sides won.

:hubie:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Rondo-Danny Green-LeBron-Dwight are all long-term vets who have all been to Finals before. All of them other than Dwight have been to multiple Finals and won at least one. Those are 4 of the 6-7 most important players on the LA roster.

Miami doesn't have a single player like that unless you count Iggy and he's not a top-6 player for them. Butler has never been to a Finals in his career and rarely even been to a ECF. I'm not talking about vague leadership shyt, I'm talking each player's own confidence in the moment and individual play on the court. Players almost always do better their 2nd time there, though this year might be weird.

Also, LA doesn't rely on any 1st or 2nd year players, though Caruso is sort of like a 2nd-year player he's been in the pipeline a while. Whereas Miami has a rookie, a 2nd-year guy, and a 3rd-year guy as 3 of their 5 most important players.
McGee too

Status
Not open for further replies.