CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
The Lakers had the second highest scoring bench of all Conference Finals teams (31.2 PPG) behind only the Nuggets (35.4 PPG)

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, it is what it is, Bron doesn't commit to anyone, you don't bend over backward then get left holding an empty bag with no picks and cap hell. Bron came, he did what he did and he left. It ended how it was supposed to.

If you do what you are supposed to do as an org it doesn't have to end like that. You can bend without bending over backwards. You can say Bron doesn't commit. However, we have never seen him leave a squad that puts him in the best position.

Why? Again, specifically what did Miami not do to appease LeBron? Besides not letting him run the organization(allegedly). I’m not getting it man. I’m not seeing it....:jbhmm:

Maybe Cleveland may not have the luxury to play that Uncle George routine, but Miami can.

:hubie:

But since we’re here. Be very very very specific about what Miami did to LeBron that was dirty. Be very specific. Like seriously. What could have Miami done in your estimation to keep LeBron happy and satisfied in South Beach. No vagueness.

:jbhmm:

You keep answering your own question breh. Bron had the luxury of not taking that shyt as well. Who, with options, is gonna sign up for Uncle George treatment AND having to carry shyt on the court AND getting all the blame and scrutiny? He was able to go to a shytty org and immediately do the same shyt that it has taken MIA 5 years to do. My only point was that if MIA put the same energy into keeping him that they have in trying to show they didn't need him and how thorough their culture is, both sides could've benefited and still be doing so.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
That's Bron stans for ya boy. Our front office was taking cues from him and his agent about guys he wanted to play with while at the same time he was setting up backdoor meetings with Dan Gilbert and texting Cavs players "be ready", but we should have worked with him more :pachaha: Like HHR said it ended how it was supposed to and we're both back competing for a title.
Right!!! Pat Riley just didn’t care about winning as much as LeBron did. Pat Riley........didn’t care......about winning. Sure... right. :mjlol:

These narrative spins their doing is incredible. Literally drafted Shabazz Naipier at LeBrons suggestion. :mjlol:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When it comes to LeBron leaving Miami I think it really came down to Bron seeing the writing on the wall with Wade's knees. Wade missed 30 games that last year to manage his body and was still looking flabby and sick by his standards in the Finals. If the Big 3 was going to continue to compete for titles they probably needed Bosh to transition into the #2 guy and I think Bron understood that would've been too difficult for Wade. That and the opportunity to go back to Cleveland and play with a 21 year old superstar in the making was too inviting to pass up.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
If you do what you are supposed to do as an org it doesn't have to end like that. You can bend without bending over backwards. You can say Bron doesn't commit. However, we have never seen him leave a squad that puts him in the best position.

You keep answering your own question breh. Bron had the luxury of not taking that shyt as well. Who, with options, is gonna sign up for Uncle George treatment AND having to carry shyt on the court AND getting all the blame and scrutiny? He was able to go to a shytty org and immediately do the same shyt that it has taken MIA 5 years to do. My only point was that if MIA put the same energy into keeping him that they have in trying to show they didn't need him and how thorough their culture is, both sides could've benefited and still be doing so.
In the end, it worked out for both parties. An organization has to be an organization. Miami had some unfortunate un foreseen circumstances(chiefly Chris Bosh’s blood clots) that hampered a lot of what Miami’s ceiling could’ve been, in the years following LeBrons departure. We all wanted LeBron to stay. Pat desperately wanted LeBron to stay. But at some point, we gotta acknowledge that LeBron is his own man with his own goals and agendas. As stubborn as Pat may be, Pat and the organization bent enough of their will to LeBrons needs without straight up handing him the keys to the organization. I don’t wanna get into the chatty patty stuff, but LeBron wanted Coach Spo out of here allegedly, and Pat wasn’t having it. Given how much of a solid coach Spo has shown himself to be, would that have been a wise decision in the long run? Spo getting the boot from Miami doesn’t even guarantee Miami wins more titles. Nor does it guarantee LeBron even stays in Miami as long as Pat would have wantEd. Miami drafted Shebazz Napier at Brons request after all. And Bron still got homesick and dipped. That’s the way it goes sometimes. And god bless his heart, LBJ made the right choice in the end. And so did Pat Riley. Both parties won and Miami has a bright future.

:ehh:

In the end, what is enough for LeBron when it comes to organizations?

The Heat “Pride” and “Culture” aspect was turnt up to 11 when Pat and Miami basically decided “We tried to give King James what he wanted, and he dipped. We’ll just have to get it out the mud without him”

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why we play the game. We will see. A lot of people saying this going to be like 2004 pistons vs lakers. But in 2004 people fail to remember Malone was injured (we had medvedenko starting) and Kobe and shaq hated each other’s guts. Gonna be an exciting series can’t wait

Not sure where this 04 Pistons shyt keeps coming from. Seems like people just through that out there with any squad that doesn't have a Bron, KD level player. This is nothing like 04...or any series I can recall actually. The Lakers are you typical squad with 2 superduper stars and great role players around them. The Heat are something different. They are more like a football team in how much of a well balanced team they are. Ben Wallace wasn't going for 30 and 10 (more like 10 and 30 and the 10 would be a stretch).

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the end, it worked out for both parties. An organization has to be an organization. Miami had some unfortunate un foreseen circumstances(chiefly Chris Bosh’s blood clots) that hampered a lot of what Miami’s ceiling could’ve been, in the years following LeBrons departure. We all wanted LeBron to stay. Pat desperately wanted LeBron to stay. But at some point, we gotta acknowledge that LeBron is his own man with his own goals and agendas. As stubborn as Pat may be, Pat and the organization bent enough of their will to LeBrons needs without straight up handing him the keys to the organization. I don’t wanna get into the chatty patty stuff, but LeBron wanted Coach Spo out of here allegedly, and Pat wasn’t having it. Given how much of a solid coach Spo has shown himself to be, would that have been a wise decision in the long run? Spo getting the boot from Miami doesn’t even guarantee Miami wins more titles. Nor does it guarantee LeBron even stays in Miami as long as Pat would have wantEd. Miami drafted Shebazz Napier at Brons request after all. And Bron still got homesick and dipped. That’s the way it goes sometimes. And god bless his heart, LBJ made the right choice in the end. And so did Pat Riley. Both parties won and Miami has a bright future.

I appreciate and respect the maturity in your response. The thing with the Spo shyt is, Bron wanted Riley to replace him. I do think that they win in 2011 with Riles. No way does he let Bron go out like that. If it truly came down to that, are you really gonna push a Pantheon player out over a solid coach, especially when he wants YOU to coach?

I can't speak for dude but I think if the org had put more energy in working with him BEFORE his opt out AND/OR done a better job filling out the roster he stays. He said himself, he wasn't gonna leave a 3peat. They drafted Napier, yes. But look at how they treated the draft in the years before that. Riles sure didn't act like he was in for a 10 year run with the way he treated draft picks during that run. Look at all the young talent that was hit on after Bron left. You do shyt like that while he's there and history may be different. Then there is totally unnecessary shyt like getting rid of one of his favorite players purely for financial reasons while you are going for a 3peat. We can't act like there wasn't some petty shyt going on. I mean look at how the franchise GOAT ended up leaving. You can be an org and be in control and have culture and not be Uncle George.

All that said, I was giving the Heat props. I was acknowledging I was wrong. They did it, they really did it. I :salute:.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
When it comes to LeBron leaving Miami I think it really came down to Bron seeing the writing on the wall with Wade's knees. Wade missed 30 games that last year to manage his body and was still looking flabby and sick by his standards in the Finals. If the Big 3 was going to continue to compete for titles they probably needed Bosh to transition into the #2 guy and I think Bron understood that would've been too difficult for Wade. That and the opportunity to go back to Cleveland and play with a 21 year old superstar in the making was too inviting to pass up.
He also knew that Wade had to make a lot of money so that was going to be wasted cap space

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)

The Heat “Pride” and “Culture” aspect was turnt up to 11 when Pat and Miami basically decided “We tried to give King James what he wanted, and he dipped. We’ll just have to get it out the mud without him”
Where is the proof that Lebron wanted Spo fired? Did he refuse to play and throw games?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brain says Lakers in 5 or 6, heart says Miami wins.

Only positive that will come out of a Laker W is Rondo getting another ring :francis:

The only team you mentioned that might be worse is the 07 Cavs the other teams beat this Heat team easily. The 07 Cavs would've probably beat this Heat team as well Lebron was on fire in the playoffs that year

The Nets SWEPT the same Pistons team who beat the Lakers the following year but they can't beat this Heat team? Fukk outta here :camby:

The Pacers would've swept this Heat team as well.

This Heat team is easily one of the worst to ever make the finals it's not even close :russ:

The 03 Pistons were not even close to being the same team as 04 :dahell:

They had Rick Carlisle instead of Larry Brown, Sheed wasn’t on the team, Tayshaun was a rookie coming off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.