CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lol Bam ain't that good. I mean he's good but I think he's being overhyped a bit especially when he was dominating small 5s. Dwight/AD is a different beast. Dude might be in foul trouble 5 mins into the game seriously.
Bams a beast but he’s gone up against turner/Lopez/theis/kanter. AD/Dwight are a whole different level of big man

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did Miami not try to work with Bron?

:jbhmm:

What more should Miami have done to keep him there? His mind was made up. He wanted to go home. We(Miami) held up our end of the bargain just as much as Bron did delivering two titles. Bron chose what he chose. There’s nothing to be angry by or to be motivated by or hold a grudge over. The Heat were the Heat before LeBron and after Lebron. The culture is the culture. And samething Vice verse. LeBron is one of the goats with Miami and after Miami/Without Miami. In the end, both sides won.

:hubie:

That's the kind of mindset that contributes to not working with someone. If there is anyone you cut the Uncle George routine for, it's Bron.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
That's the kind of mindset that contributes to not working with someone. If there is anyone you cut the Uncle George routine for, it's Bron.
Nah, it is what it is, Bron doesn't commit to anyone, you don't bend over backward then get left holding an empty bag with no picks and cap hell. Bron came, he did what he did and he left. It ended how it was supposed to.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Why? Again, specifically what did Miami not do to appease LeBron? Besides not letting him run the organization(allegedly). I’m not getting it man. I’m not seeing it....:jbhmm:

Maybe Cleveland may not have the luxury to play that Uncle George routine, but Miami can.

But since we’re here. Be very very very specific about what Miami did to LeBron that was dirty. Be very specific. Like seriously. What could have Miami done in your estimation to keep LeBron happy and satisfied in South Beach. No vagueness.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Nah, it is what it is, Bron doesn't commit to anyone, you don't bend over backward then get left holding an empty bag with no picks and cap hell. Bron came, he did what he did and he left. It ended how it was supposed to.
Both sides won. I don’t know why some of the LeBron folks are trying to hold on to alleged past slights. As a heat fan, I just want us to win another title. I don’t care who we were facing on the Lakers squad. Even if it were Kobe himself(RIP). I’m not going into this finals thinking about it as the “Get LeBron back revenge tour”. To me as a heat fan, it’s just business. Never personal.

:skip:

Daps
The Heat will play well & show their inexperience at the most in opportune time. They will lose a game they should have had in the bag which will ultimately change how this series can go. Lebron will be better than Jimmy when it counts. Expect one of those blocks. This is how things tend to work

Lakers in 5 more than likely

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Why? Again, specifically what did Miami not do to appease LeBron? Besides not letting him run the organization(allegedly). I’m not getting it man. I’m not seeing it....:jbhmm:

Maybe Cleveland may not have the luxury to play that Uncle George routine, but Miami can.

But since we’re here. Be very very very specific about what Miami did to LeBron that was dirty. Be very specific. Like seriously. What could have Miami done in your estimation to keep LeBron happy and satisfied in South Beach. No vagueness.

That's Bron stans for ya boy. Our front office was taking cues from him and his agent about guys he wanted to play with while at the same time he was setting up backdoor meetings with Dan Gilbert and texting Cavs players "be ready", but we should have worked with him more :pachaha: Like HHR said it ended how it was supposed to and we're both back competing for a title.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miami will usually be better at 3 of 5 positions on the court at any given moment.

They have better swing defenders than the Lakers. All year long Lakers have struggled to find anyone to guard good swings besides LeBron.

They have better pure scorers off the bench than the Lakers. Lakers tried and failed to have Kuzma be their scoring push off the bench, they still basically rely on LBJ, AD, and open shots. Whereas Miami not only has Butler, Dragic, Bam, and shooters all doing work in the starting lineup but then can let Herro come in and go crazy.

Miami arguably has better coaching (verdict is still out on Vogel, it could go either way).

And of course Miami has far better shooters.

Lakers have better top-end talent that can get to the basket easier.

Lakers have more size.

Lakers have more experience.

Lakers have more depth past the top 7 or so.

Lakers have more pressure on them too.

I was listening to the Miami beat reporter today, and he wasn't giving Miami much of a chance but he actually said he felt that Miami had a better team overall "the sum of its parts" across the lineup than the Lakers did. He just seemed to think that LBJ and to a degree AD were going to overcome that by themselves.

The Heat don't have anyone that demands a double team. Shooting, even for the best teams, is streaky. Lakers don't have any defenders that have to be hidden. They may not be able to guard Kawhi one on one but there is no one that you can just take advantage of. This is basketball, it's all about top end talent. Heat had to be a team to get here and they have done their thing. Lakers are a squad that is led by two problems, with role players that know their roles and play the hell out of them.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Heat don't have anyone that demands a double team. Shooting, even for the best teams, is streaky. Lakers don't have any defenders that have to be hidden. They may not be able to guard Kawhi one on one but there is no one that you can just take advantage of. This is basketball, it's all about top end talent. Heat had to be a team to get here and they have done their thing. Lakers are a squad that is led by two problems, with role players that know their roles and play the hell out of them.
This is why we play the game. We will see. A lot of people saying this going to be like 2004 pistons vs lakers. But in 2004 people fail to remember Malone was injured (we had medvedenko starting) and Kobe and shaq hated each other’s guts. Gonna be an exciting series can’t wait

Status
Not open for further replies.