CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is kinda dope. I'd be happy with either team winning, although I slightly hope for Miami more.

Lebron shytting on all the people with their dumb narratives while doing it for Kobe would be legendary. Miami winning with Jimmy would shut all the dumb fans and dikkriding reporters up always trying to character assassinate the man (although he may have already).

This is gonna be good.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Hate this matchup for LA. I really believe this is the series someone like Avery Bradley will be needed.

The Belushi Brothers are shooting they ass off. AD will get whatever he wants, we don't win if the bench don't step up

They didn’t have AB against Dame/CJ, Harden/Westbrook, or against Murray who was playing lights out but you worry because he’s not there against Dragic and Duncan?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They didn’t have AB against Dame/CJ, Harden/Westbrook, or against Murray who was playing lights out but you worry because he’s not there against Dragic and Duncan?

Duncan is on Klay/Steph levels of shooting. Lakers really going to need their guards to get on him because that man is absolutely bonkers.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Duncan is on Klay/Steph levels of shooting. Lakers really going to need their guards to get on him because that man is absolutely bonkers.
Nobody on the heat shooting like Murray did last round my guy
full

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk where ya'll get off thinking GS is gonna be trash..Once they fill their roster out they'll be a top 4 team in the west..Houston & OKC are gonna regress & the Clippers might've blew their best chance at reaching the Finals since Lob City

dont start penciling them in YET....

still dont know what KLAY gonna look like by the time he comes back it'll be 18 months since he played NBA level games....and who is gonna be on that roster....

this isnt 2015-2016 anymore....

THAT version of the warriors is gone

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps

Like I said the Lakers went against Dame/CJ, Harden/Westbrook, and Murray with AB and fared quite well. Those guys outside of Westbrook can shoot the rock to and score other ways.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Warriors gonna be trash

Lakers
Bucks
Raptors
Nuggets
Heat (possibly)
Clippers

Will be the same teams to be at same level
Do you seriously think that young talented teams without extensive experience that keep all their pieces don't improve significantly year-to-year? Think about the Thunder from 2010 to 2012 or the Warriors from 2013 to 2016, for example.

Toronto and Milwaukee are still developing young teams whose core will keep improving.

Three core players on the Heat are all in their 1st/2nd year and additional experience plus developing together will make them very dangerous. Plus I'm sure they have cap space, right?

Denver has improved literally every year, plus they have Will Barton back, will have cap space, and MPJ is either going to level up or be traded.

Clippers and Lakers are both going to be looking to make moves to level up.

Dallas started to look very dangerous by the end of the year and will get guys back from injury.

Warriors, Nets, Blazers, Pacers all have very talented rosters and are returning guys from injury.

Rockets, Jazz, Sixers have a bunch of talent and assets and could make a move that will make them dangerous.

Memphis was incredibly young last year with a lot of good talent.

Phoenix in the bubble gave the appearance they might be willing to take the next step.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

tenor.gif

yall go overboard with the hot takes.....

yes....duncan is playing well....but lets stop with comparing him to two of the best shooters of all time in their primes.....

but if the lakers were able to handle dame....and harden.....and murray....i think they'll be able to handle duncan too :unimpressed:

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
tenor.gif

yes....duncan is playing well....but lets stop with comparing him to two of the best shooters of all time in their primes.....

but if the lakers were able to handle dame....and harden.....and murray....i think they'll be able to handle duncan too :unimpressed:

Lol let them cook breh. I’ve seen Bam will handle AD, Butler, Iggy, and Crowder will handle Bron, and Duncan Robinson is on the same level as Curry and Thompson. Lakers got no chance this series.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like I said the Lakers went against Dame/CJ, Harden/Westbrook, and Murray with AB and fared quite well. Those guys outside of Westbrook can shoot the rock to and score other ways.

Murray doesn't take the same types of 3s as Duncan, and Denver doesn't operate with the same amount of Dribble Handoffs Miami does. They aren't even comparable in how they have to be defended.

tenor.gif

Duncan broke Steph and Klay's 3pt% record this year. Stick to boxscore watching because we know you don't watch the games.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lakers guards do try hard on defense and there's not really anyone the Lakers need to double, so no reason to worry about a lack of talent guarding their shooters. Green/KCP/Caruso/Rondo will guard who they guard and LBJ/AD will handle switches just fine. Those defenders struggle with speed and talent more than they struggle with basic jump shooters. I think Lakers should stay in a straight man, switch everything except Dwight if he's in, and dare Miami to beat them one-on-one.

The bigger issue is that Miami just plain is gonna hit threes whether they're guarded well or not. And Laker shooters are just plain gonna miss threes whether they're left open or not. Which means that Miami could play zone, pack the paint, and dare LA to a jump-shooting contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.