CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Of the four teams that competed in the Conference Finals, the Lakers finished with the highest 3-point shooting rate at 34.5% and overall shooting rate at 50.2%

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
20 years ago, GOAT franchise began the first true sports dynasty of the 21st century after starting the first basketball dynasty ever nearly 50 years prior. 10 years ago, GOAT franchise celebrated its 16th title. It's 5th in 10 years. It's 10th in 30 years. Through the hells of tank war with trash franchises, the loss of the GOAT sports owner and the one shooting gawd (pbuh and his lil one), and the challenges of making peace with our opps for the greater good of a championship, the faith was kept, and now in four games our reward will be sweet. You don't know nan franchise in organized team sports that do it like this. For all this past, present, and future basketball excellence let us all give thanks and praises to the GOAT franchise in all professional sports and entertainment YOUR Boss Angeles Lakers. The gold standard in all sports and entertainment today.....
v08rOOv.png

This years 2020 NBA Finals game thread is brought to you by the GOAT stanchise in all professional sports, the Lakers World Order aka Lakeset GOATgang aka GOAT-Generation X aka Lake Show Records aka GOAT Limit Productions. Smileys designed by @3Rivers the gawd Studios, the elite brand in designer coli smileys. This 7 game series of fukkery is scheduled for 4 fall for the 1st and ONLY NBA Corona Championship of the world in 2020, this matchup is officially sanctioned, licensed, and approved by 29 cacs and a goat :mjpls:, in conjunction with a hot take network owned and operated by Mickey Tsung the soul snatching demonic cartoon mouse, a WOAT president still lookin for distractions and things to tweet about, and a commissioner that look like a sus catholic cardinal. Any re-creation, duplication, or plageration of this or any other licensed game thread without the expressed written consent of LWO brehs is strictly prohibited and shameless swagger jacking of the top stanbase in sports. All rights reserved like the Serengetti, my Africans....
We5TxYc.png
N28s1SM.png
6ObeVz9.png

You are looking live, at the Coronadome, in Orlando, Florida....
1s6lndH.png

The Greatest Show on Earth..........

full
full
full

Presents...........

R5udd83.png

Corona Kombat: Act IV

The Final Episode

KEcn8Jc.png
ki68Mhy.png

....:::The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don Made:::....

On the last episode of The Greatest Show on Earth, the la cappers suffered one of the great upsets of all time. All over the basketball world, laughters and jokes were shared at their expense. Many franchises have been left bombed out and destitute in the wake of Corona Kombat. However, it was just another postseason run for the cappers as they choked a 3-1 lead to Denver.
trWUYsL.png
paVbuiO.png
1I9hkS2.png

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff: bum ass nikkaz ROTFLLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff: :laff: :laff:

Anyway.....for the GOAT franchise in all professional sports, the nuggets amounted to nothing more than some very strong Denver pack to smoke after reducing the blazers and rockets to mere Bic lighters. The lighters are dead now and we need a new torch to finish this Colfax gas. Enter Miami
dzTYuNR.png

The heats have had a long road to recovery after the end of their Superteam run. Many thought it may take even longer for them to make a comeback after the unexpected retirement of Boshasaurus. But one would be foolish to doubt the Don. A GOAT franchise legend in his own right, Pat of course coached the Showtime Lakers to a dynastic run in the 80s. His name amongst the Laker faithful are among the many revered in the stanbase. From a solid contributor with GOAT franchise as a player, to a a HOF coach, Pat went from bench scrub to made man in the game of basketball. When Pat left Boss Angeles, Showtime was over and GOAT franchise went on sabbatical passing the torch to the Bulls in 91, meanwhile Don Pat found a home in Miami after a stint in New York that saw his teams wage bitter war against the original shooting gawd Michael Jordan. In his time since, the heats have elevated themselves into a franchise with prestige. With his magic touch and years of game passed down on the Lakers, the heats are now a made team thanks to the Don. The Don Pat Riley created his own Showtime in South Beach with a little of the Lakers glamour and a little of the Knicks grit and all of the Miami attitude. Now having rid themselves of Bustice Winslow and the grand oaf Whiteside, the heats have retooled with Jimmy Buckets, Bam Bam, and an assortment of cacs such as trill cac Ty Herro, 'Murrica Meyers, and Dorky Duncan. With Spo at the helm, he has ascended as one of the great coaches in the game and Miami has risen as one of the dangerous teams in the East. All with the Don quietly dealing in the shadows.....
full

For the #momandpopshop GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers, the odds have been against them from the beginning. After losing the offseason championship to the la cappers, they then went on to lose the media championship early on in October. All numbers and metrics suggested the Lakers were a flawed team. That they'd never win a title. That the madness from last year would continue. AD was destined to be a free agent, Bron was washed, hell, no one even wanted to play on the dusty old Lakers. For many experts and prognosticators, the outcome was already clear. But this is why the games are played. The GOAT franchise have been on an unforeseen underdog run ever since as the wire to wire fugazi #1 seed in the West. Defeating the greatest 8th seed of all time in Portland, followed by defeating the greatest small ball team of all time while playing small ball in Houston, and then again by defeating Denver the clipper stoppers in 5. How much longer can Big Hollywood Bron and the team sustain this cinderella run? Surely this can't be kept up against a terrific heats team, can it?
W1zL7mf.png
full

And for Big Hollywood Bron aka the BronmaBull, of course, this is personal. In Miami is where he became a champion, and the Don declared he would never win when he left Miami. Having won an improbable title with Cleveland, His Imperial Majesty now has a chance to best the Don head on with the franchise that made him. For the Don, to defeat GOAT franchise head on in the Finals would be a great victory against his former dojo of basketball. Meanwhile, AD has gotten everything he wanted in his first Lakers experience and the feeling is mutual with both the GOAT franchise and stanchise. The Baby Goat now has a chance to grow horns and become the next generation of GOAT Laker big men. Jimmy G. Buckets has gotten everything from the mud and with all the early season 4am workouts he hopes a ring grows out of the sowed soil. And of course, the Lakers resident smacked nikkaz Dion and AR want to mix that championship champagne with these fine nuggets of designer sativa we got up off Denver n nem.
8x5FNL9.png

The Coronadome has been the great equalizer. Never in the NBA has there been such parity. So called contenders were exposed and pretenders. And upstarts shined brightly on the biggest stage. But now only two teams and 7 games remain. Only the strong have survived Corona Kombat and only the strong will survive to see the Corona Championship. Will GOAT franchise or the heats make their triumphant return to the trophy presentation stage? Will Big Hollywood Bron win his 4th in Orlando in honor of Kobe? Or will Jimmy G make every franchise before Miami regret letting him go? Will AD stamp himself as a top 5 player? Is Bam the next up? Will Dwight's redemption story end with an elusive title? Will Ty Herro be the new cac sensation or has the Last Caction Hero Stone Cold Caruso McClain's time come? Will Razor Rajon win as a Celtic and Laker? Find out all this and more on the latest episode of the Greatest Show on Earth
0kYjNit.png

My brother, that intro was pure cringe haha

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ok so you are going on record saying Duncan Robinson better 3 point shooter than steph and klay?

I said he's on their level. Bruh said look how Jamal Murray shot vs the Lakers. I said Miami does not create 3s in the same way Denver does. Different types of ways you have to defend them. Especially because Miami doesn't have many stand still shooters.

I don't even know how some of y'all are taking this as an attack against the Lakers like some personal insult.

Lakers guards do try hard on defense and there's not really anyone the Lakers need to double, so no reason to worry about a lack of talent guarding their shooters. Green/KCP/Caruso/Rondo will guard who they guard and LBJ/AD will handle switches just fine. Those defenders struggle with speed and talent more than they struggle with basic jump shooters. I think Lakers should stay in a straight man, switch everything except Dwight if he's in, and dare Miami to beat them one-on-one.

The bigger issue is that Miami just plain is gonna hit threes whether they're guarded well or not. And Laker shooters are just plain gonna miss threes whether they're left open or not. Which means that Miami could play zone, pack the paint, and dare LA to a jump-shooting contest.

It's not really about double teaming. No defense in the NBA relies on double teaming for long term success. The issue vs Miami is the amount of dribble hand offs involving Bam and back screens their guards use. No team in the league does it more. It's a different type of offense to play against, not saying the Lakers are automatically gonna fall apart. Literally just saying it's a challenge for their guards - who I do think are capable of doing it.

The Lakers won't switch everything because Vogel is smart enough to know any action involving Bam and auto switching just means you get dumb shyt like Caruso trying to stop Bam downhill on a lob from Dragic with AD in the corner stuck on Robinson. I heavily agree with the Lakers not switching much when Dwight is in the game. i actually think he's a major luxury vs Miami bench units and even Bam himself. Lakers probably saw all that film of Bam skylobbing over Theis and Brook Lopez and saying wtf were they doing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Duncan broke Steph and Klay's 3pt% record this year. Stick to boxscore watching because we know you don't watch the games.

@LV Koopa

do i dedicate my life to watching every game that comes on? no

i have goals and shyt to do...couch denting is NOT my past time

but i have seen games this playoff season....and i actually saw duncan play live before the pandemic

so i know of what i speak

my point still stands: dude has done this shyt for a very small sample size of games compared to steph and klay (who are light years better than him i might add) and in true coli fashion somebody wants to anoint him

the lakers have handled other shooters/scorers who are ALSO better than him

yet you in here spouting off about 3 pt%...

let me go ahead and put your dumb ass on ignore....

:unimpressed:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said the Lakers went against Dame/CJ, Harden/Westbrook, and Murray with AB and fared quite well. Those guys outside of Westbrook can shoot the rock to and score other ways.

I agree. What sets Duncan apart and makes him a tricky guard is his size though. He’s 6’8 with a hairgun trigger who can shoot coming off curls, from limitless range, and stand still.

He’s such a nuclear off-ball option that you can’t stick a guy like KCP or Rondo on him because he’ll shoot clean over them off of a Bam hand-off. They had to commit Brown or Tatum to him. You can’t put Bron on him because we’ll just run him around and tire him out.

I think your biggest weaknesses defensively are some of our biggest strengths. Off-ball action, great passing big men, nuclear three point options at the ready, and two all-round veterans in Butler and Dragic.

I think your size and experience is the biggest advantage you got (Outside of Lebron and AD, obviously) but don’t underestimate these Heat

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Do you seriously think that young talented teams without extensive experience that keep all their pieces don't improve significantly year-to-year? Think about the Thunder from 2010 to 2012 or the Warriors from 2013 to 2016, for example.

Toronto and Milwaukee are still developing young teams whose core will keep improving.

Three core players on the Heat are all in their 1st/2nd year and additional experience plus developing together will make them very dangerous. Plus I'm sure they have cap space, right?

Denver has improved literally every year, plus they have Will Barton back, will have cap space, and MPJ is either going to level up or be traded.

Clippers and Lakers are both going to be looking to make moves to level up.

Dallas started to look very dangerous by the end of the year and will get guys back from injury.

Warriors, Nets, Blazers, Pacers all have very talented rosters and are returning guys from injury.

Rockets, Jazz, Sixers have a bunch of talent and assets and could make a move that will make them dangerous.

Memphis was incredibly young last year with a lot of good talent.

Phoenix in the bubble gave the appearance they might be willing to take the next step.

The teams I listed are the ones that have a chance.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I agree. What sets Duncan apart and makes him a tricky guard is his size though. He’s 6’8 with a hairgun trigger who can shoot coming off curls, from limitless range, and stand still.

He’s such a nuclear off-ball option that you can’t stick a guy like KCP or Rondo on him because he’ll shoot clean over them off of a Bam hand-off. They had to commit Brown or Tatum to him. You can’t put Bron on him because we’ll just run him around and tire him out.

I think your biggest weaknesses defensively are some of our biggest strengths. Off-ball action, great passing big men, nuclear three point options at the ready, and two all-round veterans in Butler and Dragic.

I think your size and experience is the biggest advantage you got (Outside of Lebron and AD, obviously) but don’t underestimate these Heat

Not underestimating them at all. This will be a tough series for both teams.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Jimmy has been among the highest Free Throw rates in the league for like 6 seasons now, rivaling Harden. He's definitely getting a ton of em.
Yeah, normally. That’s not happening against the Lakers in the finals. I think he’ll still draw contact, but I’d bet my bottom dollar against the odds LeBron James or Anthony Davis being in foul trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.