CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I’m noticing the thought of Bron winning Finals MVP is really upsetting some folks like the thought of him winning the regular season MVP did :mjlol:

I really hope AD wins it because I’m afraid some of the brehs here will have a meltdown if Bron wins it

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Major G2 takeaways:

•the zone doesn't work versus LA. Miami implored it more often than in G1, but Rondo, AD, and LeBron are a much different threat than Tatum, Kemba, and Brown. LA found the holes in the zone consistently all night for either easy twos or threes...

They dared LA to shoot and the Lakers responded by shooting the most threes in Finals history. They weren't as hot as 1st half of G1 but they didn't have to be, you keep that zone honest by not hesitating on pulling the trigger...

As I said after G1, its hard to imagine what adjustment Miami can make that will tilt the series in their favor. They played competitively the whole way as I expected, this is a good basketball team with a lot of pride. LA is just too good for them. I still doubt it will be a sweeo but now you have to win 4/5 games versus this team, this is daunting...

•as I mentioned in a different post in G1, Butler is about to learn a lesson LeBron learned along time ago, and that many other greats learned along the way---->you can play your best and leave every ounce you have on the floor and still get your ass kicked by the better team...

I'm so proud of this dude. It wasn't a flawless game, some of those turnovers were unnecessary if he just looked to score instead of pass, he was tentative to score far too often in close range. But this was a brilliant performance, he isnt afraid of the moment. Butler is gonna be so driven next year and I'm on his side, can't help but love him...

He probably should commit to turning in a game where he throws up 22+ shots, i know that isnt what got them here and he believes they can win with what did, but they are getting really close to no man's land now...

•this was good for LA. I'm not one of these people who expected every game to be a blowout or them to win in a sweep. They were challenged all game by Miami and part of being a championship team is withstanding the challenge; Heat cut it to 8 or 9 a couple times. Lets not pretend we haven't seen supposed championship caliber teams all throughout NBA history fold when another team fights back...

Lakers championship mettle and ability to morph into different play styles to match the opponent is what has them halfway home. They responded to different guys in front of them (Leonard, Olynyk, Nunn) who barely have any game tape this postseason, the exact way you'd want. Wasnt perfect (too many fouls, points left at line after shooting better there as of late) but was really positive, and you'd rather have that than folding with a little pushback, wouldn't you?

Miami will try something different in G3. Bam will be back, Dragic might be. Heat arent going without a fight and personally, i thought both teams played smart, beautiful basketball tonight. I can watch good basketball any time!

This wasn't good basketball...tonight's game and the series so far has been CHEEKS

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
she look like if Sam Cassell was a white woman
FcQ8zuL.png

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This the first time Lebron been up 2-0 in the Finals?? :mjtf:

This nikka ain't no fukking goat, get the fukk outta here :hhh:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
That must be why he did nothing in 7 seasons with the Pelicans. While Lebron made the Finals almost every year of AD's basketball career :mjlol:

Lebron played with multiple all stars for 7 yrs in a row & a who's who of role players

Anthony Davis played with normal nba teams with mediocre rosters

You don't think Miami would win a chip with AD or Boston or the Clips?

Brow would shine anywhere bc he's the most well rounded big in the league

He would thrive with any elite playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.