CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Starting to think some bench warmer on those teams rawed your mom or some shyt the way you spend the whole day mentioning the warriors :mjlol:
They haven’t played since March and you’re on here talking about the warriors on October 2nd after game 2 of the finals. You’re fukkin NASTY

This is my 4th comment the whole day meanwhile your fakkit ass stay on here and reply to whoever criticizes your most favoritest franchise in the whole wurlldddd

Weird fakkit
Meanwhile you're shutting on Bron and easy rings

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He barely looked AD's way in the 4th qtr of both games

He wasnt looking at him at all lol....and i wouldnt put it past Bron to be saying in the huddle he wanted to play off the ball at the back of the Heat zone so he would have all those easy layups and bunnies...

Daps
We lost for toronto not getting here

Ibaka vs Lebron
Gasol vs AD

Lowry vs Rondo

giphy.webp

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Major G2 takeaways:

•the zone doesn't work versus LA. Miami implored it more often than in G1, but Rondo, AD, and LeBron are a much different threat than Tatum, Kemba, and Brown. LA found the holes in the zone consistently all night for either easy twos or threes...

They dared LA to shoot and the Lakers responded by shooting the most threes in Finals history. They weren't as hot as 1st half of G1 but they didn't have to be, you keep that zone honest by not hesitating on pulling the trigger...

As I said after G1, its hard to imagine what adjustment Miami can make that will tilt the series in their favor. They played competitively the whole way as I expected, this is a good basketball team with a lot of pride. LA is just too good for them. I still doubt it will be a sweeo but now you have to win 4/5 games versus this team, this is daunting...

•as I mentioned in a different post in G1, Butler is about to learn a lesson LeBron learned along time ago, and that many other greats learned along the way---->you can play your best and leave every ounce you have on the floor and still get your ass kicked by the better team...

I'm so proud of this dude. It wasn't a flawless game, some of those turnovers were unnecessary if he just looked to score instead of pass, he was tentative to score far too often in close range. But this was a brilliant performance, he isnt afraid of the moment. Butler is gonna be so driven next year and I'm on his side, can't help but love him...

He probably should commit to turning in a game where he throws up 22+ shots, i know that isnt what got them here and he believes they can win with what did, but they are getting really close to no man's land now...

•this was good for LA. I'm not one of these people who expected every game to be a blowout or them to win in a sweep. They were challenged all game by Miami and part of being a championship team is withstanding the challenge; Heat cut it to 8 or 9 a couple times. Lets not pretend we haven't seen supposed championship caliber teams all throughout NBA history fold when another team fights back...

Lakers championship mettle and ability to morph into different play styles to match the opponent is what has them halfway home. They responded to different guys in front of them (Leonard, Olynyk, Nunn) who barely have any game tape this postseason, the exact way you'd want. Wasnt perfect (too many fouls, points left at line after shooting better there as of late) but was really positive, and you'd rather have that than folding with a little pushback, wouldn't you?

Miami will try something different in G3. Bam will be back, Dragic might be. Heat arent going without a fight and personally, i thought both teams played smart, beautiful basketball tonight. I can watch good basketball any time!

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they just came together at an ideal year. The KD pre ACL tear wouldve been a great defensive matchup for AD and the GSW team D with Bron J as broke as it is would've been able to do well. Not to mention how useless Danny and Kuz been for the most part on O. Houston would've been better set up with CP3 and Capela also

Hell I still think the Clippers wouldve been a tough matchup. Lakers really dont do anything thats schematically advantageous, so it wouldve just been 6+ games of man on man. I think there's some games where the Morris, Kawhi, Zubac bodying would've brought mute AD back

:unimpressed:

Status
Not open for further replies.