CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I don't think anyone should overlook the fact that AD could win Finals MVP. It's not a forgone conclusion that if LA win, Bron's gonna get it. How would that impact his legacy, if at all?

Anyway...I got Lakers in 6. Too much firepower. They're too big on the inside and the bigs are actually skilled so they can really punish Miami. Kanter, in limited minutes, gave them a taste of what an offensive rebounding threat can be. Now you got AD and Dwight to deal with for longer periods of the game? That's gonna be tough.

However, if Miami can keep it close and keep the LA stars relatively in check, then it comes down to if the rest of the LA team can make shots e.g. KCP, Danny Green etc. If not, this series could be even closer or better/worse yet, flip in Miami's favour.

Gonna be a good series. I just hope for at least 6 games.

Lights .

Rookie
Daps
How the zone gonna stop Bron in transition?

That’s where Lakers will get easy buckets.

in the half court it’s the role players of Lakers that will show up. I think KCP is shooting 40% plus and even bum ass Danny Green is still somehow over 35%.
If Lakers shoot league average this won’t go for more than 5 games.

Miami’s best chance is to force Dwight and Javale out of rotation and go small and make Morris Bron and AD chase their shooters.

Bam is good but Lakers can throw one of Dwight or Javale on him and then in the 4th as a final boss put AD there as well :lupe:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
You have to be a sociopath to root for the favourites as a neutral imho.

As a neutral observer, I always root for the underdog, always without exception. so here's hoping for a heat win and a repeat of 2011 finals

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Whichever team can get hot from 3 will go a long way as well. Iggy is probably the biggest X-Factor though.They’ve been saving him for a playoff series like this. Hopefully he can still show everyone that he has something left.
Seems like Bam is focal point of their offense from the few games I’ve seen. AD and Dwight can both take him out of the game sinngle covering him and lakers won’t need to double. To leave shooters open. Luckily for the heat lakers can’t shoot but if one of Kuz/kcp/green gets hot it’ll be bad news

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Seems like Bam is focal point of their offense from the few games I’ve seen. AD and Dwight can both take him out of the game sinngle covering him and lakers won’t need to double. To leave shooters open. Luckily for the heat lakers can’t shoot but if one of Kuz/kcp/green gets hot it’ll be bad news

Danny Green is going through one of his annual playoff slumps from 2, so I’m not really sure they can depend on him. When it comes to Howard, I don’t know why more teams didn’t try to take the gamble and sign him. Even during those few games he played in Washington, he showed that he could still be a productive player even if he isn’t the Howard of old.

Teams gotta stop letting players previous reputation get in the way in the way of trying to win with those guys. Even then, the Dwight shyt was overblown as it is/was with Kyrie and Melo.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
If they all play like they've been playing, Miami has really nice pieces and almost perfect balance on their squad. They match up well against the Lakers too - Butler is one of the best defenders there is on Bron, Bam is great in the middle, they got three different guys who can create and their shooters are lights-out.

Their biggest issues are lack of depth and experience. A lot of these guys are young as hell and they basically have 8 players. Without a real takeover superstar they need 4-5 of those guys to play well, and they don't have good backup options to make up for it if they don't. This was really the ideal year for such a young team to go this far though, they aren't facing the same sorts of circus and crowds that usually accompany the postseason and they haven't had to face home-court disadvantage at all.

Lakers have more dominant stars, and although their role players aren't as good as Miami's their advantage is that they have 2 of everything (Rondo-Caruso, KCP-Green, Dwight-McGee, Kuzma-Morris).

I think LBJ will wear Miami down while the lack of depth/experience dooms them. Even without the crowds, at least 1-2 of Miami's young ballers is going to struggle in Finals pressure and they don't have the options to make up for it.

If Miami has a chance (besides injury), it will be because Bam went wild down low and LA's shooters started putting up 8-30 outings.
Can Miami run the East now?
:jbhmm:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Can Miami run the East now?
:jbhmm:

Depends on how Bam and Herro continue to develop. They got dudes on rookie contracts and the potential for another max player contract. That’s why they are going to “try” and get Bam to hold off on his new deal until after next season.

Let me ask this question...... if Miami wins the chip this year and then Giannis joins them this off-season or the next, would he deserve the same heat that KD got for going to GS? I’d say yes in spite of the fact that Milwaukee didn’t blow a 3-1 nor had as good as a team as those OKC ones.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Lakers in 6
AD will be FMVP but they will give it to Bron
The CAC on CAC matchup of Caruso vs Herro will be entertaining
Lakers will win #17 and pass the bytch ass Celtics but Bron will get all the glory
They will treat him like he dug this team from the grave and rekindled their past glory.

but this is the deal that was made when he signed

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Lakers in 6
AD will be FMVP but they will give it to Bron
The CAC on CAC matchup of Caruso vs Herro will be entertaining
Lakers will win #17 and pass the bytch ass Celtics but Bron will get all the glory
They will treat him like he dug this team from the grave and rekindled their past glory.

but this is the deal that was made when he signed

And AD will have no problem with it whatsoever. He’s just glad to be playing with Lebron.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Danny Green is going through one of his annual playoff slumps from 2, so I’m not really sure they can depend on him. When it comes to Howard, I don’t know why more teams didn’t try to take the gamble and sign him. Even during those few games he played in Washington, he showed that he could still be a productive player even if he isn’t the Howard of old.

Teams gotta stop letting players previous reputation get in the way in the way of trying to win with those guys. Even then, the Dwight shyt was overblown as it is/was with Kyrie and Melo.
Nuggets might have been in the finals if we didn’t have dwight. He was a huge addition that teams for some reason overlooked. Now he might come up huge in the finals as it’s an all time great defender on Bam

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nuggets might have been in the finals if we didn’t have dwight. He was a huge addition that teams for some reason overlooked. Now he might come up huge in the finals as it’s an all time great defender on Bam

I think it was the “perception” of him that scared teams off, which no one has ever explained exactly what that is. As far as I know, he’s never been a locker room cancer or malcontent.

I do think the Nuggets will make a final appearance in the next 2-3 years. If Murray continues to improve and MPJ is even 80% of what they need him to be, then they can win it all.

killacal

Banned
Daps
You think Dwight can guard bam 1on1:mjlol:

If silver doesn't put miamis bigs in early foul trouble every game like denver, i can't wait for bam vs AD:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.