CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If they all play like they've been playing, Miami has really nice pieces and almost perfect balance on their squad. They match up well against the Lakers too - Butler is one of the best defenders there is on Bron, Bam is great in the middle, they got three different guys who can create and their shooters are lights-out.

Their biggest issues are lack of depth and experience. A lot of these guys are young as hell and they basically have 8 players. Without a real takeover superstar they need 4-5 of those guys to play well, and they don't have good backup options to make up for it if they don't. This was really the ideal year for such a young team to go this far though, they aren't facing the same sorts of circus and crowds that usually accompany the postseason and they haven't had to face home-court disadvantage at all.

Lakers have more dominant stars, and although their role players aren't as good as Miami's their advantage is that they have 2 of everything (Rondo-Caruso, KCP-Green, Dwight-McGee, Kuzma-Morris).

I think LBJ will wear Miami down while the lack of depth/experience dooms them. Even without the crowds, at least 1-2 of Miami's young ballers is going to struggle in Finals pressure and they don't have the options to make up for it.

If Miami has a chance (besides injury), it will be because Bam went wild down low and LA's shooters started putting up 8-30 outings.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
As much shyt as I’ve talked I been chillin frfr. shyt, LWO been chillin ain’t even been no wild ass threads yet. It’s been awhile so I ain’t gon flex yet. You already know how much I’ve been thoroughly silenced in my sports shyt talk :russ:

It’s funny, I be making the threads but I hardly post in em fr cuz I’m too busy paying attention. Go figure :skip:
aint really no beef or history between the franchises outside of pat...i think the shyt talkin will mostly come from who it always comes from...bron nut huggers esp cuz its us...shyt i still get clowns telling me to this day "yall still salty bron left" im like man yall nikkas gotta grow up

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Exactly why they must ensure Lakers win. Game 7 is too risky

How does playing 2 fewer games help the NBA make more money? :why:

Seriously wants to claim that making it look like WWE and rigging the series quickly for a 17-year vet who already has all the fans he's going to get will bring them more revenue than a hard-fought 7-game series with a young up-and-coming team that has a charismatic leader and multiple brand new likeable stars casual fans don't even know about yet.

Y'all don't think through this dumb shyt before you post at all. :snoop:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The more I think about that Miami zone, Butler in LBJ's face up top with Bam in the middle and the other three defenders stuffed between them. :lupe:

Daring the Lakers' shooters to shoot on every possession and Green/KCP/Kuz/Caruso/Morris missing literally everything. :lupe:

Miami playing loose as hell in an empty arena with no pressure and a long future ahead of them. :lupe:

Those Miami shooters lighting shyt up. :lupe:

Bron/AD getting tight under the expectations and pressing shyt as their teammates falter. :lupe:

AD continuing to forget how to bang and rebound and settling for fadeaways and threes. :lupe:

I dunno about this. :lupe:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The more I think about that Miami zone, Butler in LBJ's face up top with Bam in the middle and the other three defenders stuffed between them. :lupe:

Daring the Lakers' shooters to shoot on every possession and Green/KCP/Kuz/Caruso/Morris missing literally everything. :lupe:

Miami playing loose as hell in an empty arena with no pressure and a long future ahead of them. :lupe:

Those Miami shooters lighting shyt up. :lupe:

Bron/AD getting tight under the expectations and pressing shyt as their teammates falter. :lupe:

AD continuing to forget how to bang and rebound and settling for fadeaways and threes. :lupe:

I dunno about this. :lupe:
Shut that shyt up lol

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Miami ain’t got the type of game to survive foul trouble going against em. And you delusional if you think Jimmy gonna have some of these 10+ FT nights often. Not to mention he just ain’t got the scoring right now to make up for being the LeBron matchup.

They definitely got the better overall team and should be the better team in terms of “volatility”. But Bron > Jimmy rn and AD is preferable to Bam rn. They’re gonna need Crowder and Duncan to look like 33+% guys and have at least 2 of them special Herro games

Jimmy has been among the highest Free Throw rates in the league for like 6 seasons now, rivaling Harden. He's definitely getting a ton of em.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does playing 2 fewer games help the NBA make more money? :why:

Seriously wants to claim that making it look like WWE and rigging the series quickly for a 17-year vet who already has all the fans he's going to get will bring them more revenue than a hard-fought 7-game series with a young up-and-coming team that has a charismatic leader and multiple brand new likeable stars casual fans don't even know about yet.

Y'all don't think through this dumb shyt before you post at all. :snoop:

How much you wanna bet Lakers don’t win the championship this year?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How much you wanna bet Lakers don’t win the championship this year?
Bet on the favorite in the series, what a stretch. :mjlol:

The series is "rigged" if the favorite wins. :mjlol:

You're the same guy who claimed just two days ago that Jokic, Murray, and AD were all better than LeBron and now you gotta claim the NBA is rigged to save face. :deadrose:

Status
Not open for further replies.