CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Lakers are actually shooting the ball from three by .4 better than Miami, taking six fewer 3s per game and hitting 2 fewer...

Miami has more sharpshooter but LA has had games this postseason where Kuz, Caruso, KCP, and Rondo have all gone lights out from deep, to say nothing of Bron and AD...

Quiet as kept too, KCP has transformed from a punchline into a championship level role player, he's consistently active on defense and hits his shots...

LA is also a more offensively efficient team than Miami's opponents, with the way they bludgeon you in the paint. That could be a real issue for Miami...

Both teams are great at getting to the line...

Thinking you can force LA into a shooting contest and win probably isn't the best plan of action, as it hasn't worked for the other teams that shot it better on paper. If thats Miami's game plan they are gonna lose....

I dont know that Miami has a distinct advantage anywhere other than they play better ball movement offense, but thats not a major advantage to win the series. If I'm them, I think I say we play our game, and keep this thing close every 4thQ and hope they start choking, all the pressure is on them. I dont know that trying to count on them not shooting well or anything else is a recipe for success, keep the shyt close and see who has the last shot in the end...
Boston and Milwaukee were both defensive juggernauts coming into the bubble. I think that kinda effects the shooting numbers for Miami. I also think Miami is a slightly better defensive team than Denver and Houston. To LA’s credit, Houston improved defensively, and LA was still able to carve them up. If KCP, Rondo, Caruso and Kuz go crazy from deep, we’ll just have to live with it and whether the storm. You pretty much said it, play our game and keep it close. Boston has their best 3 point shooting night in a half all-season tonight in the 1st half. Miami just has to keep the ball moving against this LA defense. Even though Harden and Jokic are better individual passers than anyone on Miami, Miami is collectively better at moving the ball, better at slashing, cutting, moving without the ball, etc. We just gotta make LA respect our shooters and get into the paint. Miami has faced size and paint protection so far in this playoffs already and has weathered the storm. Indy, and Milwaukee. Granted, LA has faced shooters and slashers and have absolutely killed those teams while going small. LA could either win this one in 5 or 6, or lose in 7. I wouldn’t be surprised by any outcome, tbh.

:manny:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
im sure he knew that but if he didnt then nikkas need to stfu this is why i hate jumping out the window esp in championship game/series somenody gotta end up lookin like a dumbass when its wll over

Jumping out the window is an important part of sports. It brings abundant joy to the winner or loser. I wouldn’t of been able to spend two days laughing my ass off at the cappers if they, their media, and new slew of stans didn’t jump out the window. :ehh:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
just realized danny green aint hit 5 3s in a game all bubble...he gon win us a game.

kuzma was heh last series.. he can win us a game.

iggy gon see bron and pass it all game

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
nobody had us here we playing with house money...if we lose i cant be mad at the outcome...what i will be mad at is those fools (shannon sharpe/bron brigadiers/LeGBT community) salivating at the mouth to put this nikka over MJ just cuz he got 4 rings....pressure is all on them no reason for us to come out tight

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Jumping out the window is an important part of sports. It brings abundant joy to the winner or loser. I wouldn’t of been able to spend two days laughing my ass off at the cappers if they, their media, and new slew of stans didn’t jump out the window. :ehh:
you known me all my life you know i wasnt gonna take that route hell thru none of our series you saw me talkin crazy...being confident in your team is one thing talking nonsense is another thing...

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
lol y’all woulda had the jump on us if we ain’t win the other day. I tried to at least be respectful with the title since we bout to be disrespectful in this series
lGv7U9c.png
lol you wont catch me in this thread breh (at least during the games) same way i played it all the other series is the same way ima play it for the finals (and it has nothing to do with being superstitious) thats just how i been

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
nobody had us here we playing with house money...if we lose i cant be mad at the outcome...what i will be mad at is those fools (shannon sharpe/bron brigadiers/LeGBT community) salivating at the mouth to put this nikka over MJ just cuz he got 4 rings....pressure is all on them no reason for us to come out tight

Man it’s the NBA Finals. Both teams got pressure on them :mjlol:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
you known me all my life you know i wasnt gonna take that route hell thru none of our series you saw me talkin crazy...being confident in your team is one thing talking nonsense is another thing...

As much shyt as I’ve talked I been chillin frfr. shyt, LWO been chillin ain’t even been no wild ass threads yet. It’s been awhile so I ain’t gon flex yet. You already know how much I’ve been thoroughly silenced in my sports shyt talk :russ:

lol you wont catch me in this thread breh (at least during the games) same way i played it all the other series is the same way ima play it for the finals (and it has nothing to do with being superstitious) thats just how i been

It’s funny, I be making the threads but I hardly post in em fr cuz I’m too busy paying attention. Go figure :skip:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
MIA is going to have a hard time scoring vs. LAL.

They don't have someone that can draw double teams like Dame, Harden, and Murray.

LAL can play straight up, and their team defense is elite. Lakers in 5.
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

For the record, those of us who feel LeBron is greater than Mike already believe that regardless of the rings, this series does nothing to that end. The people who can be swayed by whether he wins or not aren't really believers in LeBron's GOAT resume as is...

I do think if I'm the Heat I preach about LA having the pressure on them, but to me this isn't a normal situation where a favorite can be affected by "pressure". This is a team that the majority of people (just look up Coli threads for reference) didn't have even winning The West in the preseason, early in the year, at the All-Star break, at the shutdown, at the restart, at the start of the playoffs, or at the start of the Semis...

LA is only the favorite in this series because even fewer people believed in Miami, but muhfukkas were not heavy on LA being a championship team this year until they had to be...

Also, you have LeBron and Rondo who will both be unaffected entirely by the moment, as well as Green, Dwight, and McGee--->thats half the normal rotation with deep playoff and championship experience. This is not a squad that will be rattled by pressure...

LA can lose if they are in a situation where the Father Time wall inexplicably hits LeBron in this series at the worst possible moment; if AD fails to play to his level; if the role players are completely outclassed by Miami's role players; if Vogel and staff get outcoached and struggle to counter Miami adjustments...

They can lose because the game isn't won on paper, nikkas still gotta go out and actually play the game. The problem is none of the above scenarios are likely and while the bench on LA doesn't seem to scariest, they haven't just been routinely outplayed by the opponent bench either...

So LA can lose bug it aint gonna be because the "pressure" gets to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.