• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Lol Malone looking like a hoe. 2nd time crying about refs to the media. Hopefully lakers behind the scene sending tape of Murray push off and jocki pushes

Hopefully so. They be gettin away with shyt lowkey. I’m just sayin, if they can get away with shyt then either let us get away with shyt or call shyt.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Hopefully so. They be gettin away with shyt lowkey. I’m just sayin, if they can get away with shyt then either let us get away with shyt or call shyt.
If they want to let the nuggets play let the lakers play too. They wanna grab and push and not get called let us do that too. We will blow them out by 20+ if we could play D like the refs allow them too

Daps
Lebron was fouling the hell out of Murray down the stretch

There is nothing wrong with contact on your way to the basket in a playoff game. Lebron clubbed him at the rim however

These guys acts like their mother’s clit will turn to a dikk if they tell the truth

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You miss understood me, my bad. By definitely I mean as if you personally are the authority on all things officiating.

And seeing that you aren’t a professional basketball ref( huge difference)thats why I asked and used examples of things refs see that a D2 ref probably wouldn’t see cause he’s attempting to follow the letter of the law.

Its like Doris Burke calling out the ref in the booth, forgot his name. The call was dead wrong but he had to figure out something to say. He hasn’t been back.

You break it down as offensive and defensive players may want different things. I don’t care what the player thinks. Where in the pros, lots of times it comes down to who that “player” is vs your take, as in how you think it’s supposed to be.

If you aren’t taking into account superstar calls, make up calls, late game calls in blow outs to even up the discrepancy, momentum calls, media pressure, playoff vs regular season calls, point of emphasis we aren’t privy too etc. then you are further removed from nba officiating then you think you are. But I do appreciate your base line feedback. It’s a firm jumping off point before variables are applied.

What is the criteria for becoming a High school referee?

I certainly don't think I'm the definitive authority lol. But like I said, having officiated some decently high level players, I'm just trying to bring a different perspective beyond the "refs all fukking suck" or "this game rigged" tripe that fills these threads. Feel free to ignore me.

And fwiw, many of those variables you mentioned are things we are aware of on the floor. We are less likely to put a questionable foul on a team's best player, especially if they have a couple already. And while makeup calls aren't explicitly a thing, we talk about "matching plays" a lot. If, as a crew, we call something on one end, we are attentive to similar plays on the other end and try to match the call.

There is a dearth of HS officials in every sport right now...so it takes just showing up, tbh. To a good boys varsity game though, takes some time and proving oneself.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I certainly don't think I'm the definitive authority lol. But like I said, having officiated some decently high level players, I'm just trying to bring a different perspective beyond the "refs all fukking suck" or "this game rigged" tripe that fills these threads. Feel free to ignore me.

And fwiw, many of those variables you mentioned are things we are aware of on the floor. We are less likely to put a questionable foul on a team's best player, especially if they have a couple already. And while makeup calls aren't explicitly a thing, we talk about "matching plays" a lot. If, as a crew, we call something on one end, we are attentive to similar plays on the other end and try to match the call.

There is a dearth of HS officials in every sport right now...so it takes just showing up, tbh. To a good boys varsity game though, takes some time and proving oneself.
I don’t discount anyone I can gain information from. Even some of the most ignorant posters(not directed at you)have something to offer I just need to understand who they are at their core.

it’s just that you come off like you are defending bullshyt we all see and ignore any variables that may also be at play. But it seems that you understand that.

If you are just keeping perspective I guess I can’t hate on that.