Who You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bron looked worn the fukk out last night.That lil defensive stretch on Murray really redeemed him towards the end.

On offense, everything looked broken.I don't even think he was trying to get buckets.He turned poor man's James Harden.

I think his whole game plan was to draw fouls and get to the FT line.That was definitely a "I just don't have it today, breh:mjcry:"

game for him.Denver better come out extra resilient.I can't see him coming out with low energy like that in back to back games.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps

Offensive foul

BouncyAccurateArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm hardly definitive. And I frequently say when calls are missed, but I try to figure out WHY they were missed. Is usually positioning, guessing, etc. Very few calls that people debate are definitive. The LeBron/Murray call isn't either. Nearly any defender who made the play LeBron made would think it was clean...and nearly every offensive player who made the play Murray did would think it was a foul. That's the joy of being a basketball official lol. And as I said, in the NBA, they are allowed more contact after blocking shots than at other levels, which is what I see happening on this play.

Officiating basketball, even at the HS level, gives you a perspective that cannot be gained from anything other than officiating.
You miss understood me, my bad. By definitely I mean as if you personally are the authority on all things officiating.

And seeing that you aren’t a professional basketball ref( huge difference)thats why I asked and used examples of things refs see that a D2 ref probably wouldn’t see cause he’s attempting to follow the letter of the law.

Its like Doris Burke calling out the ref in the booth, forgot his name. The call was dead wrong but he had to figure out something to say. He hasn’t been back.

You break it down as offensive and defensive players may want different things. I don’t care what the player thinks. Where in the pros, lots of times it comes down to who that “player” is vs your take, as in how you think it’s supposed to be.

If you aren’t taking into account superstar calls, make up calls, late game calls in blow outs to even up the discrepancy, momentum calls, media pressure, playoff vs regular season calls, point of emphasis we aren’t privy too etc. then you are further removed from nba officiating then you think you are. But I do appreciate your base line feedback. It’s a firm jumping off point before variables are applied.

What is the criteria for becoming a High school referee?

Last edited:

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In my whole history of watching basketball this has been looked at as that’s just what coaches do, it’s even been predicted. Its happened earlier in the playoffs.

only on the Coli are “troll” thread taken seriously by people who know they are trolls just for it to be blown out of proportion.

I wouldnt care if Lebron or Jamal both came and said the refs were bugging.