Who You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
The Nuggets maybe the Grizzlies of the 2020s.

They play whole different playing style

But they'll be that tough squad that you have to deal with every year out west that everybody respects. Like Memphis was in the 2010s.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The Nuggets maybe the Grizzlies of the 2020s.

They play whole different playing style

But they'll be that tough squad that you have to deal with every year out west that everybody respects. Like Memphis was in the 2010s.

Always good enough to take out someone good but never having the all-around talent to make it all the way. Eventually they'll run into a team that's just a bad matchup for them and that's that.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sometimes it feels like trying to explain basketball to children. Let's make it a picture book.

First, here is the cut. You can see Rondo checking for the cutter. AD is already moving and Plumblee is about half a second from reaching Bron.

cutter.jpg

A fraction of a second later, Rondo has given up on the cutter and is looking at Bron. But Plumblee has already decided to crash down behind Bron. Rondo can't pass through Jokic's body to get to Bron (nor should he pass to the double-covered guy rather than the open guy), and Bron can't cut down because Grant is fronting him and Plumblee is coming to double from behind. LeBron could jump out to the 3pt line to receive the pass, but that would put him right where AD is going except with worse body position and bringing two defenders with him. Why would he do that?

option.jpg

Half a step later and Rondo has committed to AD. Imagine how difficult it would have been to get that ball to Bron considering where Jokic is. Jokic is huge. The only ways Bron gets the pass is by either jumping out to the 3pt line (which is exactly where AD is supposed to be) or by cutting inside. With Grant fronting him and Plumblee doubling from behind, he has no path to cut inside and get a pass from Rondo there. Where do you want him to "get open" to? Perhaps Rondo could have lobbed it over Jokic for a jump-ball situation, but what good would that do Bron? Even if he caught it, he'd have Grant, Plumblee, AND Jokic getting to him the same time the ball did.

pass.jpg

Here's where AD catches it. Now, imagine that Bron had caught that instead. He's be triple-covered with literally no where to go, Grant right on his body with Plumblee and Jokic boxing him in on either side. Would have been a fukking wall.

catch.jpg

Here's another angle - imagine where those three defenders would be if the ball had gone to Bron instead:

coverage.jpg

If Plumblee had chased AD, then LeBron could have spun off Grant and cut down. But with Plumblee where he was, where did you expect Bron to go to gather the pass, and how would that have helped the Lakers?

The way the play was called and considering where the defenders went, the Lakers got literally the only open shot available. There was simply no move LeBron makes there where he gets an open shot.
You are posting all this to say what I said. Rondo said from his mouth Bron was the 3rd option on the play but didnt move so he went elsewhere with the pass. You're typing all this to save Bron and it isnt necessary. Bron was terrible in the 4th, didnt move to get the ball on the final possession and AD came through. Its a 2-0 lead and Bron will more than likely be back to great form game 3.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You are posting all this to say what I said. Rondo said from his mouth Bron was the 3rd option on the play but didnt move so he went elsewhere with the pass. You're typing all this to save Bron and it isnt necessary. Bron was terrible in the 4th, didnt move to get the ball on the final possession and AD came through. Its a 2-0 lead and Bron will more than likely be back to great form game 3.

In other words you still can't answer the question. Where did you want Bron to move?

Y'all so desperately obsessed with him you can't even talk about both teams making the right play. You can't talk basketball at all. You only want to talk about people and make up psych narratives to fit the stories in your head instead of what actually happens on the court.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

WHY WOULD U EVEN TRY REASONING WIT THAT GROUPIE?

IF BRON KILLED HIS MOTHER HE WOULD ASK WHAT SHE DID TO DESERVE IT.

SERIOUSLY, IVE NEVER SEEN A MORE SHAMELESS GROUPIE IN MY LIFE. ITS DISGUSTING.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
In other words you still can't answer the question. Where did you want Bron to move?

Y'all so desperately obsessed with him you can't even talk about both teams making the right play. You can't talk basketball at all. You only want to talk about people and make up psych narratives to fit the stories in your head instead of what actually happens on the court.

THIS IS WHY I NEED TO START THE SERIES THREADS

THESE ARE THE KINDA FAGOTS THAT HAVE ME ON IGNORE WHO RUIN THESE THREADS WIT THEIR HOMOTIONAL MANLOVE

MUTHAFUCCA DOESNT CARE ABOUT EITHER TEAM, HE JUST WANTS HIS KING TO EXCITE HIM

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

The nerve :mjlol:

Rondo, you know, the Laker that was inbounding the ball said he looked at Bron but Bron didnt move. So is Rondo in on the narrative?? :mjlol: Bron clearly made no effort to get the ball. All other three Lakers moved or did something, he didnt as Rondo stated.

Anyways
-He could have moved to the space AD went and forced AD to dive to the cup.
-He could have raised his left hand to catch at the elbow since he was single covered.

Im probably the biggest Bron fan on here, I have him 2nd all-time but facts are facts

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The nerve

Rondo, you know, the Laker that was inbounding the ball said he looked at Bron but Bron didnt move. So is Rondo in on the narrative?? :mjlol: Bron clearly made no effort to get the ball. All other three Lakers moved or did something, he didnt as Rondo stated.

Anyways
-He could have raised his left hand to catch at the elbow since he was single covered.

Im probably the biggest Bron fan on here, I have him 2nd all-time but facts are facts
Rondo was right, what are you trying to read? :gucci:

If Bron had seen an opening and moved for the ball, then Rondo would have made the pass. Bron made the read because his openings were covered so he didn't move, so Rondo made his read.

It's like you ignored literally everything that was said and shown up above. :gucci:

LeBron running up to "force AD to dive to the cup" doesn't even make sense. THAT would be giving up on the play, and you ain't even helping AD get open so what are you gaining? If AD dives before Bron then Plumblee is just sitting on it, if AD goes around Bron then Grant picks him up and 5 seconds is in danger of transpiring too. AD of course could have gone to the cup without Bron moving at all and would have the same results as if Bron moves, so what would that possibly gain?

And I already showed you why the pass at the elbow wouldn't work. LeBron was doubled with Grant partially fronting the pass and Jokic is directly blocking the angle. Where the fukk would Rondo throw the pass? Through Jokic's body and give Grant a chance at the ball too? A lob over Jokic and Grant, which means that all three of Grant AND Plumblee AND Jokic are all over Bron before the ball even gets there?

Think. This. Through. Come on now.

What is the specific shot that you think the Lakers should have gotten with that play that was a higher % shot than an in-rhythm three by AD, and where was Rondo going to pass the ball to get them that shot?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Just in case anyone doesn't know what the jerseys mean, I used Microsoft Paint and a high-tech red marker to emphasize the obvious.

cutter.jpg

option.jpg

pass.jpg

catch.jpg

coverage.jpg

There are zero plays in those 3 seconds where Plumblee, Grant, and Jokic aren't all three going to be ALL over LeBron. 2.1 seconds on the clock there would be fukk-all time to pass, so the three biggest defenders would just converge right on him. Plumblee and Grant were already there, Jokic was 10 inches from getting to AD and it would have taken him two steps less to get to LBJ. But I guess if he had only waved his left hand he would have been open. :deadmanny:

I swear, there ain't one player in the NBA who catches more heat for a win and gets more blame for his team MAKING a game-winning shot than Bron does. And this happens every fukking time.

Imagine if Paxson, Kerr, Pippen, and Longley taking game-winners was seen as an indictment on MJ or Fisher, Horry, Pau, and MWP taking game-winners was seen as an indictment on KB24. :snoop:

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
THIS IS WHY I NEED TO START THE SERIES THREADS

THESE ARE THE KINDA FAGOTS THAT HAVE ME ON IGNORE WHO RUIN THESE THREADS WIT THEIR HOMOTIONAL MANLOVE

MUTHAFUCCA DOESNT CARE ABOUT EITHER TEAM, HE JUST WANTS HIS KING TO EXCITE HIM
These are projections. Look at the situation again like someone with an ounce of intelligence

Last edited:

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
The nerve :mjlol:

Anyways

You misunderstood Rondo.
  • Lebron didnt move because he read the situation and saw the wall. Someone else had to. He made the right read and moving would have cluttered the defenders and blocked a pass to AD
  • AD also made the read and figured that Bron was too crowded- the play they practised after the Brooklyn game was now on
  • Rondo then made the right read and made the right play - it was the only play available and AD made the shot and Lakers win
So much saltiness from a win it makes no sesnse. The frame by frame analysis is up

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Don't know if this was posted because the thread was moving too quick last night but I thought this was DOPE.

We all talk about yelling Kobe when we shooting paper into a trashcan or fukking around in the gym...AD did it on the biggest stage.

Don't most people do it while they shoot it? not after it goes in

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
So no comments on nuggets getting every call, bs techs on lakers, and some scrub rookie having more 4th quarter ft than a team :jbhmm:
Yeah, the refs been on some straight bullshyt the entire playoffs. Bron and AD been gettin hit like crazy whenever they come into the lane with no whistle then on the other side we get a bunch of ticky tack calls. But the fact is, it doesn't matter. It won't stop us from this championship. Our freethrow shooting is atrocious anyways. After all the bytchin and moanin we had to hear from Lakers haters during game 1 when we were destroying those fools made me never wanna be anywhere close to delusional like that. AD drops 37 and 10 while the Lakers were up 20 and these marks are coming up with full blown conspiracy theorys involving Adam Silver and shyt. Disgraceful. I brought this uneven reffing up after the Portland series. I thought it would bite us when we played the Clippers. Now...We gon win anyway...fukk it.