Who You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only reason I quoted you to begin with is because you made this post in response to Plumlee not trailing AD.

I actually think it was the right play.

Anyone who has played basketball on any kind of competitive level understands that what Plumlee did was not the right play.

Then you claim Bron making a spin or cut to the basket would have been an easy bucket which is not the case looking at the passing angle and where other defenders were.

If you look at where LBJ's body is it really disrupts that play. If Plumblee goes over the top, then AD dives down and he's unstoppable. Bron can also spin off Grant and come down. Nuggets don't have anyone down low to stop that at the rim, either choice and they would have been food.

I had to pull up screenshots of the play because you were CAPPING something serious with these bars. The Nuggets have Jokic shaded to the paint, they have Grant fronting Bron, they have Gary Harris literally in the paint defending Green, and Jamal Murray's head is completely turned around watching Rondo and he's a step outside of the paint. Bron spinning off of Grant takes Bron right into Murray, Harris who are close to the baseline, and Grant would still be defending him... AND RONDO has to get the pass by Jokic.

Plumblee sealed off Bron so he can't get down low and still kept Grant free to stop AD if he crashed. They yelled at Jokic to come up and guard the 3 and he damn near got there.

In the end, you're up 1 and you're giving up a quick catch-and-shoot three to a 31% three-point shooter with a 7-footer's hand in his face. You definitely take that over LBJ or AD running free to the hoop.

Plumlee runs to Bron and gives up a wide open 3. I would much rather he trailed AD, so he contests a floating to the left 3 pointer with Jokic helping off of Rondo opposed to just running to Bron. Rondo had no angle to pass to Bron, Bron cutting or diving down would have been defended, just like Danny Green's cut.

That's funny, because earlier you said:

Yes, if Grant popped out to defend AD, Lebron then could have just cut down and he would of had Plumlee on his back, which is more of a reason why switching in that situation was completely unwarranted. Which goes back to the initial reason I quoted you, which was because I read... "I actually think it was the right play"

On so many levels it was NOT the right play. Everybody has pointed out why Plumlee was dead ass wrong doing what he did.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Okay, I can tell you at least taking this seriously so last post:

The only reason I quoted you to begin with is because you made this post in response to Plumlee not trailing AD.

Anyone who has played basketball on any kind of competitive level understands that what Plumlee did was not the right play.

Then you claim Bron making a spin or cut to the basket would have been an easy bucket which is not the case looking at the passing angle and where other defenders were.

I had to pull up screenshots of the play because you were CAPPING something serious with these bars. The Nuggets have Jokic shaded to the paint, they have Grant fronting Bron, they have Gary Harris literally in the paint defending Green, and Jamal Murray's head is completely turned around watching Rondo and he's a step outside of the paint. Bron spinning off of Grant takes Bron right into Murray, Harris who are close to the baseline, and Grant would still be defending him... AND RONDO has to get the pass by Jokic.

First off, we ask, can LeBron beat Grant in that situation? Well, is Grant quicker and with better defensive instincts than Kobe? Watch what Bron does here with Kobe putting his weight on him just like Grant was doing.

And that was while dribbling. If LeBron doesn't even have the ball in his hands, no way that Grant is singlehandly stopping him.

So can Jokic stop the pass? Jokic has long arms now but come on:

cutter.jpg

Rondo is looking at the cutter right there, so that should be when Jokic is most shaded to guard the cut. But he's late. The opening is there, its just that he's blanketed by Murray. Jokic has long arms but he's not quick like that, if LeBron comes down he can't guard the bounce pass and the lob simultaneously. If Rondo shows bounce and Jokic reaches down, Rondo just doing this:

Then you mentioned Murray and Harris. Seriously? You seriously want to believe either one of them is stopping LeBron at the rim?

LBJ spinning off of Grant and crashing to the rim is the highest % shot in that situation. Grant wouldn't have fared any better there than Paul George did here:

The media getting on Plumblee because it was clearly a spur-of-the-moment decision and because fans overrate last-second 3pt attempts. But AD is a big who shoots 31% from the 3pt line. If you're up 1 and the other team only needs 2 to win, how is a catch-and-shoot three from a 31% three-point shooter not the best shot to give up?

The biggest shyt folk are missing on that play is that Grant reacts late as fukk. I don't think he should have left Bron right away because, like you say, Plumblee alone can't defend Bron any better than Grant alone could have. But the second Rondo makes the pass, Grant should have come off of Bron and challenged the shot. Jokic reacted right away and as a result he damn near got to AD even though he was 3 steps away. Grant was just 1 step away, if he had come off Bron the moment the pass was thrown he would have been right up in AD's grill. THAT is what Plumblee was banking on when he made his move. But instead, Grant didn't move until AD already had the ball in his hands, and that's what gave him the time to take a quality attempt.

If Bron has single coverage from either Grant or Plumblee, then Bron to the hole is the best play. If Bron is double-covered, then AD for three is the best play. If I'm Denver then I'd rather live with an AD three with Grant in his grill and a 7-footer hand in his face than Bron to the hole with Murray as the last line of defense.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Also, ironic as fukk that everyone and their mama thinks Grant shouldn't have switched to AD because he was never screened, but got on LeBron when he didn't switch after Kuzma lost his man on the "push" play even though LBJ was never screened. :jbhmm:

This ain't the only play where fans and the "narrative" isn't fully in line with reality. :troll:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Okay, I can tell you at least taking this seriously so last post:

First off, we ask, can LeBron beat Grant in that situation? Well, is Grant quicker and with better defensive instincts than Kobe? Watch what Bron does here with Kobe putting his weight on him just like Grant was doing.

And that was while dribbling. If LeBron doesn't even have the ball in his hands, no way that Grant is singlehandly stopping him.

So can Jokic stop the pass? Jokic has long arms now but come on:

cutter.jpg

Rondo is looking at the cutter right there, so that should be when Jokic is most shaded to guard the cut. But he's late. The opening is there, its just that he's blanketed by Murray. Jokic has long arms but he's not quick like that, if LeBron comes down he can't guard the bounce pass and the lob simultaneously. If Rondo shows bounce and Jokic reaches down, Rondo just doing this:

Then you mentioned Murray and Harris. Seriously? You seriously want to believe either one of them is stopping LeBron at the rim?

LBJ spinning off of Grant and crashing to the rim is the highest % shot in that situation. Grant wouldn't have fared any better there than Paul George did here:

The media getting on Plumblee because it was clearly a spur-of-the-moment decision and because fans overrate last-second 3pt attempts. But AD is a big who shoots 31% from the 3pt line. If you're up 1 and the other team only needs 2 to win, how is a catch-and-shoot three from a 31% three-point shooter not the best shot to give up?

The biggest shyt folk are missing on that play is that Grant reacts late as fukk. I don't think he should have left Bron right away because, like you say, Plumblee alone can't defend Bron any better than Grant alone could have. But the second Rondo makes the pass, Grant should have come off of Bron and challenged the shot. Jokic reacted right away and as a result he damn near got to AD even though he was 3 steps away. Grant was just 1 step away, if he had come off Bron the moment the pass was thrown he would have been right up in AD's grill. THAT is what Plumblee was banking on when he made his move. But instead, Grant didn't move until AD already had the ball in his hands, and that's what gave him the time to take a quality attempt.

If Bron has single coverage from either Grant or Plumblee, then Bron to the hole is the best play. If Bron is double-covered, then AD for three is the best play. If I'm Denver then I'd rather live with an AD three with Grant in his grill and a 7-footer hand in his face than Bron to the hole with Murray as the last line of defense.

Ok