Civilization 6 Official Thread

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Anybody notice more mountains since Gathering storm ??? I started 3 games on Pangea maps with Japan, Sumer, and Germany and I keep starting near a wall of mountains :lupe:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I haven't completed my first game yet, but this seems a lot harder than it used to be. I'm playing on "King" now, and its HARD to take over cities now. Leading up the patch I was playing games on Emperor and Immortal. I don't usually go on offensive attacks (I usually try for Cultural victories), but once you got tanks it used to be much easier to take over AI cities.

Anybody notice more mountains since Gathering storm ??? I started 3 games on Pangea maps with Japan, Sumer, and Germany and I keep starting near a wall of mountains :lupe:

I've only started one game, but I noticed more lakes than before. My guess is that they are allowing more lakes and mountains to spawn because you can build canals and mountain tunnels now. So those are no longer impenetrable barriers.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I haven't completed my first game yet, but this seems a lot harder than it used to be. I'm playing on "King" now, and its HARD to take over cities now. Leading up the patch I was playing games on Emperor and Immortal. I don't usually go on offensive attacks (I usually try for Cultural victories), but once you got tanks it used to be much easier to take over AI cities.

I've only started one game, but I noticed more lakes than before. My guess is that they are allowing more lakes and mountains to spawn because you can build canals and mountain tunnels now. So those are no longer impenetrable barriers.
How are they AI doing tech wise in your game? The 3 I played were on Emperor and every time one civ ended up being like an era ahead of everyone else. Like me and another civ would be doing 150ish science per turn and the number 1 civ would be at like 275 science per turn

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
How are they AI doing tech wise in your game? The 3 I played were on Emperor and every time one civ ended up being like an era ahead of everyone else. Like me and another civ would be doing 150ish science per turn and the number 1 civ would be at like 275 science per turn
I was seeing solar farms and spaceports all over the map...long before I had the technology to build them myself.

Yesterday rather than going back to my original game l started a new one up as The Maori. Its a totally different way to start the game. The trick seems to sail around until you find a place with a lot of trees, then just start BUYING forest tiles as fast as possible. The Maori get more production at the start of the game from trees than other civs get from building workers and mines. I got 2 cities and spent all my money on buying tree tiles.

Arabia tried to declare surprise war against me, and I was able to rush him with so many archers the hardest part was finding tiles for the to stand on that were all in range of his capital :ufdup: