Civilization 6 Official Thread

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
nikkas need to stop playing and give us a sequel already.
It'll be awhile given this latest pack won't end until March 2021.
I used to play Civ 4 a lot. Is Civ 6 worth buying? If so what expansion packs are worth it and are any of you all purchasing the frontier pass?
I liked the Rise and Fall pack. Haven't gotten the other one.

Last edited:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
It'll be a while given this latest pack won't end until March 2021.

I liked the Rise and Fall pack. Haven't gotten the other one.

The platinum edition of Civ 6 is on sale at greenmangaming for $41. I'm thinking about getting it but my backlog of games I have yet to play is already big.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Anybody still play this? I just downloaded all the expansion packs, been playing with Mali lately but looking at some other civs to run with.

Just downloaded the year pass but haven't got into it due to work. Its one of those games where if I go in...

goodfellas-cocaine-gif

I'm going the fukk in.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Anybody still play this? I just downloaded all the expansion packs, been playing with Mali lately but looking at some other civs to run with.
Yeah, I didn't play this week, but during the COVID lockdown I picked this up and I've been playing quite a bit. A month or so ago I found this guy's series of youtube videos, and it made me a lot better at the game:

It took me a while, but I've been playing Civ since Civ II and I'm ready to declare that Civ 6 is my favorite version of Civ right now.
My original favorite Civ was Kongo. They get production bonuses from archeological museums, so the trick is to skip to Archeologists as soon as possible, then start trading with the AI for great works. If you let the AI think they're ripping you off in trades they'll all be friendly to you. If you can theme all your museums (three artifacts from different Civs from the same era) you get double production from museums. (That's how I won my first Deity level game).

Later on I started playing the Maori a lot. Its a totally different play style from every other civ. They get production from unchopped forests, even forests that you plant yourself. And all of their units from the beginning of the game start with the ability to sail on the open ocean, so you can immediately start scouting for empty islands all around the world to start colonizing. The early production boost from unimproved forests also means that early on the in the game new cities surrounded by woods can just pump out a flood of archers at a fast rate.

I never used to build more than one Holy Site, but I got lucky and got a religious victory with Sweden the other day. I just happened to spawn right next to one of the natural wonders that gives you faith per turn. So, just to see what would happen, I built all my starting cities in a "ring" around the wonder and built Holy Sites in each one. Usually I have a lot of trouble even founding a religion, but in this game I actually had missionaries out converting other Civs even before they were able to found their own religions.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
I still play the fukk out of this game...

Largest Map, 24 City States, Domination, Secret Societies, Heroes and Legends, and Dramatic Ages On, Random Civ, No Turn Limit, Deity level...

I can put days into a session and get my ass kicked :damn:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
A fun trick I found to make the game more difficult without raising the difficulty level is to slow the pace of the game down. Longer build times/more turns means that in the early stages of the game you're fighting for your life against waves of barbarians. And slower research means that you won't outclass the barbarians so quickly, so you REALLY have to fight for your life early on and make sure you wipe out every camp that pops up.