Civilization 6 Official Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I played a lot after the last update about a month ago, but I haven't been on in the past couple of weeks.

If any one hasn't been on for a while, the latest updates seem to have added a lot to the game. The AI seems "smarter" now, yet with less of the obvious cheating.

I'm thinking of buying and ultrawidescreen monitor soon. When I get my new monitor I'll probably get heavily back into this.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Is it just me, or is it harder to conquer other cities in this?

I loaded up and invaded and usually I swarm and take over .... (later on in the game though sometimes)

but this time, my catapults were fukking ragdolled and only did like 5% damage

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Is it just me, or is it harder to conquer other cities in this?

I loaded up and invaded and usually I swarm and take over .... (later on in the game though sometimes)

but this time, my catapults were fukking ragdolled and only did like 5% damage

Ive taken cities early with archers and warriors :yeshrug:

Gotta get in before they get walls

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
During the lockdown I picked up playing this again. I usually play "peacefully" and try to go for a cultural victory, but this week I was feeling irritable and decided to go for a domination victory.

I've beat the game on Deity level before, but I usually try really hard to be "Friendly" with everyone and have open borders and max out Tourism with all civs for a cultural victory.

Anyway, after all these years, I figured out that you can station Bombers and Jet Bombers on Aircraft Carriers, and use them to launch bombing attacks on enemy cities anywhere close enough to have the cost line on screen.
:ohhh:

Its probably the most overpowered thing I've ever seen in a Civ game.
When attacking a city, I used to try to position Battleships and/or Artillery within striking range, but I always run into a "traffic jam" trying to find enough hexes to put all my siege troops in range and still have space to roll tanks in.
With Carriers, it's stupidly easy. The range of a Jet Bomber is so long you can just park a bunch of Carriers off shore, each with two Bombers. You need to be able to "see" a city in order to hit it, but all you need to do is station a Spy unit there and that's it.

You can basically go straight at an enemy capital city and just ignore everything around it, bomb it down to nothing, then send a couple of Tanks in to take over.

Did everyone else know this? I've been playing the Civ series for decades now, and I've never realized this.

Him Duncan

Hugh G Reckshon
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
During the lockdown I picked up playing this again. I usually play "peacefully" and try to go for a cultural victory, but this week I was feeling irritable and decided to go for a domination victory.

I've beat the game on Deity level before, but I usually try really hard to be "Friendly" with everyone and have open borders and max out Tourism with all civs for a cultural victory.

Anyway, after all these years, I figured out that you can station Bombers and Jet Bombers on Aircraft Carriers, and use them to launch bombing attacks on enemy cities anywhere close enough to have the cost line on screen.
:ohhh:

Its probably the most overpowered thing I've ever seen in a Civ game.
When attacking a city, I used to try to position Battleships and/or Artillery within striking range, but I always run into a "traffic jam" trying to find enough hexes to put all my siege troops in range and still have space to roll tanks in.
With Carriers, it's stupidly easy. The range of a Jet Bomber is so long you can just park a bunch of Carriers off shore, each with two Bombers. You need to be able to "see" a city in order to hit it, but all you need to do is station a Spy unit there and that's it.

You can basically go straight at an enemy capital city and just ignore everything around it, bomb it down to nothing, then send a couple of Tanks in to take over.

Did everyone else know this? I've been playing the Civ series for decades now, and I've never realized this.

This is why America IRL is the most feared military

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I used to play Civ 4 a lot. Is Civ 6 worth buying? If so what expansion packs are worth it and are any of you all purchasing the frontier pass?