• osu sucks

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
It is equal to 4.

:yeshrug:

The other movies can be watched in any order but Rogue has to be watched at the same time as 4 for maximum impact.

there's not one memorable character in rogue one. if you had watched the movie once you might remember a single one of their names. maybe the droid... maybe krennic... but these are both just rehashed versions of better characters from ANH.

every character is memorable in ANH.

not only that pretty much everything that's memorable about rogue one... i.e. vader, the death star... are all more prominently featured in ANH.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
what is civil war even saying? what is it about? it's like the movie doesn't even have an answer to it's own question. who's right? cap or iron man? are the accords a good thing or a bad thing?

not only does the movie fail to answer these questions, by the end of the movie it's not even the central conflict anymore. you litter the movie with all this political metaphor and yet when it's all over no one comes away feeling a damn thing about any of it.

what is this movie's offering to the discussion outside of "hey look policing the world is complicated":whoa:
Yeah, uh the entire planet hasn't figured out the security vs privacy question yet so it would be pretty arrogant to be definitive about it.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Yeah, uh the entire planet hasn't figured out the security vs privacy question yet so it would be pretty arrogant to be definitive about it.

come on what a ridiculous thing to say, this is supposed to be mythology. we've been debating the god question even longer and yet that doesn't stop star wars from offering it's opinion on it. you don't walk away from star wars wondering whether the force is real or not.

even dark knight offered up it's opinion on the issue of privacy and security. the joker needed to be stopped at all cost so batman had to bend the rules a bit. no open ended debates or questions left unanswered. mind you dark knight is all over the place and tries to tackle too many issues at once... but still, it it was firm in it's opinion.

what is a superhero story supposed to be if not a morality tale?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
come on what a ridiculous thing to say, this is supposed to be mythology. we've been debating the god question even longer and yet that doesn't stop star wars from offering it's opinion on it. you don't walk away from star wars wondering whether the force is real or not.

even dark knight offered up it's opinion on the issue of privacy and security. the joker needed to be stopped at all cost so batman had to bend the rules a bit. no open ended debates or questions left unanswered. mind you dark knight is all over the place and tries to tackle too many issues at once... but still, it it was firm in it's opinion.

what is a superhero story supposed to be if not a morality tale?
Inventing some fake mind control/telekenetic power in your story is what now?! That's a leap. What is Marvel 'saying' with all the fake powers they created throughout their universe?
I mean like what you want man I like a New Hope and I'm not trying to tear it down, but yes I like Civil War better. :manny:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Jedi wasnt as good as 4 or 5 but we forget how iconic it was
tumblr_n85esaJOKx1rlheeoo1_500.gif

5530c03e45b04.gif

This alone > any marvel scene ever.

Luke was on FIRE this movie.
conclusion.gif

tumblr_nwedq4T3QV1tu6tfso1_500.gif

Its viewed as 'bad' because ANH was an A, empire was an A+, and jedi was an A-
After all these years I still don't see what you people see :wow: and I'm a fan

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what is civil war even saying? what is it about? it's like the movie doesn't even have an answer to it's own question. who's right? cap or iron man? are the accords a good thing or a bad thing?

not only does the movie fail to answer these questions, by the end of the movie it's not even the central conflict anymore. you litter the movie with all this political metaphor and yet when it's all over no one comes away feeling a damn thing about any of it.

what is this movie's offering to the discussion outside of "hey look policing the world is complicated":whoa:
I liked that it didn't answer these questions. I don't feel that it needed to either.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

I honestly never want to see civil war again. And not cause it was trash but because when it ended it was just like...alright that was a movie. Comparing it to and saying it's better than STAR WARS is the wildest shyt I've ever seen

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I'd put it below 4 and 5 , but :mjlol: at Revenge being better, I like that movie but there's stuff in that movie that really isn't that good.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ESB is the only good thing about the Star Wars franchise.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I liked that it didn't answer these questions. I don't feel that it needed to either.

Cap is supposed to be the moral beacon of the entire MCU. No matter what at the end of the day you should be able to trust that Cap is always in the right. That's his whole character. He's supposed to be a symbol we all strive to.

Making him morally ambiguous, or even suggesting that he could be on the wrong side of the debate completely undermines who he is as a character. A movie called CAPTAIN AMERICA should be pro Captain America.

The worst thing about Civil War is that it just isn't inspiring... like at all. It's a fun romp and I'm not saying it's a bad movie... but there's just nothing to take away from it after it's over. Cap was half right, Tony was half right, and nobody comes together in the end. Nothing is learned, nothing is gained.

There's no moral to the story.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I honestly never want to see civil war again. And not cause it was trash but because when it ended it was just like...alright that was a movie. Comparing it to and saying it's better than STAR WARS is the wildest shyt I've ever seen

Right ANH ends on such a triumphant bang. That movie just gets better...and better... and better... al the way until the climactic finish.

Most of all it's an inspiring movie that teaches valuable life lessons. It's a movie that actually has an opinion on faith, politics, war, destiny...... Civil War just doesn't have the same depth. It's not even close.