• osu sucks

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This is such a loaded question. I'm going to say yes you need to watch them but I have no idea what kind of movie goer you are. Can you sit through older films? Can you get lost in older special effects? Do you value a great story? If the answer to these questions is yes then go watch A New Hope (the original 1977 film) right now. That's where you need to start.

If you prefer to get a more modern taste, or you feel you might not have the patience to sit through an older movie... and you want something more upbeat... then start with Rogue One, which just came out and is a 'prequel' to the original film. A solid flick by modern standards with some amazing sequences. If you make it to the end of that film and you're still on board... then go right into A New Hope. And don't worry if you end up enjoying Rogue One you will WANT to dive right into A New Hope.
He should start with Rogue One for story purposes and the way they set it up it flows seamlessly into A New Hope:banderas:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i've never watched a single star wars movie in entirety
am i fukking up that bad
do i have to start with the originals? :francis:

At least watch 4, 5, and 6. Try to find the non-special editions if you can. :myman:

None of the prequels hold a candle to the originals. The Disney era movies they're making now are fun popcorn flicks but not all-time classics like the OG movies.

:scust: at the way they did Finn in the Force Awakens :hhh:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
He should start with Rogue One for story purposes and the way they set it up it flows seamlessly into A New Hope:banderas:

I enjoyed Rogue One I really did. I would definitely reccomend it to a non fan looking to get into Star Wars. It was a decent flick with an amazing finale.

But the Star Wars geek in me had some problems with it. Mainly because it kind of contradicts some of the story elements in ANH.

For one I don't like the fact that the flaw in the Death Star was purposefully intended. The original explaination was better...which was that the empire was so arrogant that they never accounted for a lone fighter being able to penetrate their defenses.

Also Vader's one man wrecking show at the end doesn't fit in line with ANH either. In the war room it was pretty clear that the high ranking imperial officers didn't really respect him and/or believe that he had any kind of supernatural power. But if he's out there slaughtering rebels with magic right out in the open, merely 15-20 minutes before the events of ANH take place... why wouldn't they be aware of this.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed Rogue One I really did. I would definitely reccomend it to a non fan looking to get into Star Wars. It was a decent flick with an amazing finale.

But the Star Wars geek in me had some problems with it. Mainly because it kind of contradicts some of the story elements in ANH.

For one I don't like the fact that the flaw in the Death Star was purposefully intended. The original explaination was better...which was that the empire was so arrogant that they never accounted for a lone fighter being able to penetrate their defenses.

Also Vader's one man wrecking show at the end doesn't fit in line with ANH either. In the war room it was pretty clear that the high ranking imperial officers didn't really respect him and/or believe that he had any kind of supernatural power. But if he's out there slaughtering rebels with magic right out in the open, merely 15-20 minutes before the events of ANH take place... why wouldn't they be aware of this.

Don't understand why that disqualifies anything. The original explanation can still stand.

Tarkin is damn well aware of what Vader is as he used Vader as an enforcer repeatedly in Rebels. What he and the other officer were disputing was The Force being as powerful as the Death Star literally and psychologically. This goes back to your first dislike and how the officers felt about the Death Star. Their arrogance about the empire and what it inspired is what allowed such a thing to happen.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Everybody that hates on Finn wouldn't have the balls to do half the shyt he did in the film. Movie would be ten seconds long for them

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Ani was a long way from the Emo boy he was in the prequels. They'll probably never tell that story.

I have a feeling Ben never gave up on him. They need to bring Ewan back for those stories.
If Lucas or whoever he's given the reigns to doesn't make a Vader movie about his growth into the ultimate attack dog they fukked up. Especially since James Earl Jones is knocking on 90.

The Chosen One got duped into being a Sith but still went from heartbroken young man to a cold-blooded killer anyway :banderas:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Every Star Wars movie is a legit classic with the exception of TFA.

A New Hope is a great movie but always gets overlooked due to how much better Empire and Jedi are
:wow:
that scene in new hope when luke stands on that hill with the moon rising and sun setting in the background and looks into the distance as the star wars theme reaches its climax.

:wow:john williams the gawd
one of my all time fave moments in a movie ever.
that movie had so many iconic,incredible moments.
yeah, a new hope does get crazy overlooked!!

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
:wow:
that scene in new hope when luke stands on that hill with the moon rising and sun setting in the background and looks into the distance as the star wars theme reaches its climax.

:wow:john williams the gawd
one of my all time fave moments in a movie ever.
that movie had so many iconic,incredible moments.
yeah, a new hope does get crazy overlooked!!

Breh you can tell by this scene alone that George Lucas knew how great Star Wars was going to be

:ahh:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Lost a lot of respect for the coli today.

Its DEFINITELY not better than a new hope. Idgaf what you think about jedi or rouge one or episode three...all of which are better...but saying civil war is better than STAR WARS is just insanity

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside an out of placed airport battle and the small Black Panther scenes being it's saving grace. CIVIL WAR SUCKED. Every Star Wars film with exception of Phantom Menace is better. shyt even Attack of the Clones is marginally better than Civil War!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Its DEFINITELY not better than a new hope. Idgaf what you think about jedi or rouge one or episode three...all of which are better...but saying civil war is better than STAR WARS is just insanity
Or it's purely subjective and there is no 'right' answer jus consensus. You think different than me and that's not a knock on your character or judgement to me. I'm glad everyone doesn't share the same opinions on everything especially art/entertainment.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

You'd have been better off listing every movie in the Star Wars series along with Civil War and letting everyone choose from that. I picked "osu sucks", personally:hubie: