Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Its overrated at this point but its definitely better than civil war. And homecoming as as good.

NEITHER are NEAR as good as episodes 4 or 5, and i dont think winter soldier is as good as RETURN OF THE fukkING JEDI :heh:
Seriously an underrated film breh

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
i've never watched a single star wars movie in entirety
am i fukking up that bad
do i have to start with the originals? :francis:
This is such a loaded question. I'm going to say yes you need to watch them but I have no idea what kind of movie goer you are. Can you sit through older films? Can you get lost in older special effects? Do you value a great story? If the answer to these questions is yes then go watch A New Hope (the original 1977 film) right now. That's where you need to start.

If you prefer to get a more modern taste, or you feel you might not have the patience to sit through an older movie... and you want something more upbeat... then start with Rogue One, which just came out and is a 'prequel' to the original film. A solid flick by modern standards with some amazing sequences. If you make it to the end of that film and you're still on board... then go right into A New Hope. And don't worry if you end up enjoying Rogue One you will WANT to dive right into A New Hope.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
This is such a loaded question. I'm going to say yes you need to watch them but I have no idea what kind of movie goer you are. Can you sit through older films? Can you get lost in older special effects? Do you value a great story? If the answer to these questions is yes then go watch A New Hope (the original 1977 film) right now. That's where you need to start.

If you prefer to get a more modern taste, or you feel you might not have the patience to sit through an older movie... and you want something more upbeat... then start with Rogue One, which just came out and is a 'prequel' to the original film. A solid flick by modern standards with some amazing sequences. If you make it to the end of that film and you're still on board... then go right into A New Hope. And don't worry if you end up enjoying Rogue One you will WANT to dive right into A New Hope.
thank you
i can do all that....i was just confused about the order in which i should watch the films.
it always seemed like a daunting task to catch up on this film series cause i missed out as a kid :francis:
i can watch it knowing i have a bit of direction

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Every Star Wars movie is a legit classic with the exception of TFA.

A New Hope is a great movie but always gets overlooked due to how much better Empire and Jedi are

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Every Star Wars movie is a legit classic with the exception of TFA.

A New Hope is a great movie but always gets overlooked due to how much better Empire and Jedi are

In most fan polls Jedi comes in 3rd, just saying.

For me personally it's ANH and Empire on the same tier, then Jedi.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
The only reason Jedi gets bad reviews is literally only cause of the Ewoks. If you take the Ewoks out it's the best Star Wars movie.

They make up literally the entire middle section of the movie. Hard to envision a version of the movie without them.

Jedi's opening act doesn't rank next to ANH and Empire. I love the Jabba stuff but it's a clear 3rd compared to the beginning of the other two.

The middle section is clearly the worst of all 3 films.

The 3rd act is amazing but again it is weighed down by the ewok stuff. Hard to say it's 'better' than the closing acts of ANH and Empire, which were both flawless.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I like a lot of Marvel movies, but not one is coming close to the original SW trilogy.

There's not a single all-time classic in the MCU, period. Most of those movies aren't worth a second glance (although I will admit Civil War is the second best MCU movie and worthy of a repeat viewing).

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winter Soldier is a legit good movie, imo. Still the best movie Marvel has put out so far (I have to watch Spider-Man a few more times and give it time to see if it holds up)

With Civil War, I didn't get the urge to watch it again in the theater and I struggled to get through it when I bought it on blu.
I can watch all eight Star Wars movies multiple times

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm hungover as fukk, but is this a serious question?:gucci:

Star Wars is 40 years old. We still talk about it, care about it, and compare it to shyt to this day. Do you think anybody is going to give a solitary fukk about Civil War a year from now, let alone 40 years from now?:gucci:

I only talk about that movie on here to shyt on Marvel stans when they get delusional:mjlol: