City of Baltimore can’t fill executive positions because candidates don’t want to live there

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Baltimore is a real nice city and a rare affordable majority black city on the East Coast with great food and amenities in its nice neighborhoods by the harbor

But overall the city is not safe, atrocious public schools, and some of the bad neighborhoods are Rust Belt status to put it mildly (bombed out)

However a lot of folks from the DMV are moving there for the cheap housing especially if you work from home or make a high income

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Baltimore is the only city I ever been to where I got robbed twice, in the same day, by the same nikka.

woat city in america.
You gotta change your username, playa :francis:

eddie-guerrero-teddy-long.gif

voiture

Superstar
Daps
why the fukk would you want to work for a city government and not want to be a resident of said city? :what:
That's basically almost every police man. Some say it's not a good idea to be running into people you are handing tickets to everyday so most cops don't sometimes don't live in the same city.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
They should offer them free public housing. I think mayors and and politicians should live in local public housing. There’s no excuse not to live in the city you work for.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Baltimore is a real nice city and a rare affordable majority black city on the East Coast with great food and amenities in its nice neighborhoods by the harbor

But overall the city is not safe, atrocious public schools, and some of the bad neighborhoods are Rust Belt status to put it mildly (bombed out)

However a lot of folks from the DMV are moving there for the cheap housing especially if you work from home or make a high income

Not from DMV but got a gut renovated row house in Patterson Park for $230k currently being rented, met a good amount of young couples from DC who bought in the same area within the last 3 years.The neighborhood is cool and chilled, but once you cross the Pulaski Hwy, shyt gets really real :huhldup:

People are gonna kick themselves for not taking advantage of the situation and invest in property out there. The city is going thru a face-lift.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw a video of downtown Baltimore but nobody was outside.

I'm from the Philly area. Lived in D.C. for years. I've been up and through Baltimore thousands of times. Baltimore has alot of blight and alot of dilapitated neighborhoods but, there's definitely some beauty there too. Another example of a city people call ghetto while white people buy up all the townhouses and apartments so they can take over 20 years from now.

2560589.jpg

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
Baltimore so small but it has so many bad parts. Like it's smaller than North Philly but has the same look and if not grime/crime. Crazy seeing the city being so bad.

don't know where you got your census numbers from, Baltimore isn't smaller than north Philly. Infact, Baltimore City and Metro is bigger than a lot of cities that people, even from Baltimore, wouldn't think. The city was just under 1 million at its peak, in a land area of 80sq miles.