City of Baltimore can’t fill executive positions because candidates don’t want to live there

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Seems like Baltimore has had a sad reputation for 40 years.

The crack epidemic ended a while ago now. You’d think things would have been rebuilt and improved.
Just like all hoods they got treated like 3rd world countries. Of course the downtown area is nice but elsewhere nah this is a legacy of the crack era. All hoods are basically.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Don’t play those Away games
:ufdup:

stringer-bell-atef.gif

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
That's what happens when the government treats poor sections of a city like third world countries and ignores a crack cocaine epidemic in minority communities and calls it a criminal issue rather than the public health issue which it was...
I get it and this is 100% true, but the issue I always have with this kind of thing is who is responsible for getting addicted to drugs? Just because something is there doesn’t mean anybody has to touch it. Then we see other people walking around like zombies and go do the same thing? But then it’s up to the government to solve the problem?

Yes, I understand they started giving all kinda aid to other communities when it came to the opioid problem but I’m talking about us. We know nobody is coming to save us in most situations so we have to be better about even putting ourselves in that kind of situation

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Baltimore isn’t completely terrible. Obviously it has tons of fukked up parts but there’s downtown and a few good regular neighborhoods to choose from. What we see as a normal working class black neighborhood, cacs see as Baghdad.
Yep. Same reason they love to shyt on Chicago and Detroit :mjpls:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Baltimore isn’t completely terrible. Obviously it has tons of fukked up parts but there’s downtown and a few good regular neighborhoods to choose from. What we see as a normal working class black neighborhood, cacs see as Baghdad.
I saw a video of downtown Baltimore but nobody was outside.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
I get it and this is 100% true, but the issue I always have with this kind of thing is who is responsible for getting addicted to drugs? Just because something is there doesn’t mean anybody has to touch it. Then we see other people walking around like zombies and go do the same thing? But then it’s up to the government to solve the problem?

Yes, I understand they started giving all kinda aid to other communities when it came to the opioid problem but I’m talking about us. We know nobody is coming to save us in most situations so we have to be better about even putting ourselves in that kind of situation
1. There was no awareness when the drug first arrived on the scene about how it worked
2. There was no investment in rehabilitating addicts instead they were thrown in jail
3. Yes it is literally the government's job to protect its citizens. Instead they protected their white suburban citizens and threw addicted minorities in prison with lengthy sentences. Look at the difference between how the crack epidemic was handled vs the opioid epidemic now.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
1. There was no awareness when the drug first arrived on the scene about how it worked
2. There was no investment in rehabilitating addicts instead they were thrown in jail
3. Yes it is literally the government's job to protect its citizens. Instead they protected their white suburban citizens and threw addicted minorities in prison with lengthy sentences. Look at the difference between how the crack epidemic was handled vs the opioid epidemic now.
Breh, you didn’t tell me anything. You repeated what you and I both said already.

How much “awareness” does anybody need to know a drug is a drug? Especially a hard drug that you smoke. Crack wasn’t the first drug ever made…

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, you didn’t tell me anything. You repeated what you and I both said already.

How much “awareness” does anybody need to know a drug is a drug? Especially a hard drug that you smoke. Crack wasn’t try’s first drug ever made…
I think you both make good points.