gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it. Big fan of most of Nolan's work. Other than the spectacle, can not fathom how anyone can enjoy this movie. Except maybe veterans. Think a lot of people are trying to convince themself or lying to themself, which is stupid, cause really, we gonna do this all for a Director?

It's a WAR movie in the purest sense of the genre. I dunno what you need convincing. That said not all war movies are for everybody.

I don't need convincing. I loved it. The purpose was you to experience what it truly felt like in three perspectives of the rescue/evacuation mission and it achieved it for me.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
As if a 94 on metacritic and 91 % with a 8.6/10 average rating is anything to scoff at :smugford: :camby:

Any review aggregation site score is something to scoff at, but since you seem to take them so seriously, it's kinda funny you don't put more time into making sure they're correct.

My IMAX had 70 mm for Interstellar, but is only playing this in laser I believe. Gonna call for confirmation :francis:

@TheGodling prolly saw this in some ghetto theater in DCP :scust:

The only thing ghetto around these parts is your movie taste when I log on the Coli.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good film, but best ever?..hell nah. I dont think its nolan's best, but it is entertaining as a movie can get

Don't believe anyone but yourself when saying any film being "the best ever" that's subjective in itself. I dunno honestly what film is the greatest war film. One would saying Saving Private Ryan is the best ever, the other would say Apocalypse Now....some would go back to saying The Longest Day or the original All Quiet on the Western Front. But I do agree the hyperbole such as what Peter Travers from Rolling Stone calling DUNKIRK the GOAT is too much and too early. Those are hyperboles that need to ignore and force people to look more for nitpicks than sit and enjoy.