Christians Are Just Play Things For Their God

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
Christians are just a bunch of people afraid of not existing, there is no way a rational, intelligent modern human believes that nonsense other than blind fear.

modern science estimates the age of the universe to be 13.7 x 10^9 or about 13.8 billion years old...
the leading scientific theories on the origin of life from a materialist perspective suggest abiogenesis as the process responsible for the origin of life...

Basically, on a prebiotic earth, a "soup" of organic molecules in a warm body of water where energy from either lightning, volcanic activity, or ultraviolet light facilitated chemical reactions, and from these chemical reactions simple proteins were formed and from here higher level molecules evolved to eventually form life...

let me try to paint a picture...

an amoeba, which is just a simple single-celled microscopic organism, decides to go on a trip and travel from one end of the observable universe to the other at the speed of 1 foot per year...and, on its trip it decides to transport a single atom...

the observable universe is about 90 billion light years across, so it's gonna take the amoeba awhile to drop of its cargo and make the return trip...

the amoeba finally makes it back and decides to transport another atom across the observable universe, so it sets out on another trip....after the amoeba returns from it's second trip across the universe, it decides to take yet another atom across the universe...

the amoeba continues these trips of transporting one atom at a time across the observable universe, at the speed of 1 foot per year, until it transports all of the atoms in the observable universe from one side of the universe to the other....

the amoeba could transport the entirety of the observable universe, atom by atom, from one side to the other over 56,000,000 times before a single protein could form by random chance..

shyt gets wilder when you realize that a protein is just one component of a functional cell and doesn't equate to life in the slightest...even the most simple cell we know of is composed of several thousand molecular machines, and the simplest machine is still made up of 3-4 mRNA molecules and at least 50 ribosomal proteins...

what makes it even wilder is the fact that each component of a cell is wholly interdependent on the other so for the simplest molecular machine to form, at least 50 proteins would need to evolve, by chance, within the same microscopic area at the same exact time, and each protein would need to be constructed from correctly sequenced amino acid chains which would also need to be formed by random chance...

the probability of just one protein forming via random chance is 1 in 10^164...that's 10^154 times longer that the age of the universe...if we apply probability theory to the origin of life and the random formation of large biomolecules, it exposes the limitations of random chance as the creative agent on a prebiotic Earth...

I just don't have enough faith to rationalize that as a probable explanation for the origin of life...the alternative makes more rational sense to me...:hubie:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fall of man is really believing god is uptight.

When man endeavored to build the Tower of Babel, a plan of disunity was hatched. The sages of ages descended to earth. Seeds of chaos were planted. And from that , we get the current state of affairs.

Islam, Christianity and all the religions of the world were created specifically by the order of god.

They all fit into the plan hatched at Tower of Babel.

I hear. And I speak. For that which lives within me is the rock of ages. Cleft for me.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@Hathaway

people read so much into life due to the own culture and point of view.

and then when most are shown an interpretation of the same information from another (just as valid) point of view they automatically reject it.

cognitive dissonance:

-

example: jesus is called the shepherd.

what do shepherds do?

shepherds keep sheep safe so that the owner (and ONLY the owner) can slaughter them when he is ready.

shepherds are not good to sheep. they just protect the sheep from one kind of enemy to give them up to another kind of enemy.

:hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I just don't have enough faith to rationalize that as a probable explanation for the origin of life...the alternative makes more rational sense to me...:hubie:

there isn't just one alternative i.e.'THE alternative' jabroni

:camby:

and that is the problem with these discussions.

just because you cannot think of an additional alternative it doesn't mean that they do not exist.

this is not only true of religion, and applies to most areas of knowledge.

:ufdup:

if science was bounded by what you think.

:picard:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Again, how come these type of threads are never made about Muslims or Jews or any other religion?

@kevm3 @The_Truth
be delusional brehs :picard:

2024:

Born Rich

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$

just because you cannot think of an additional alternative it doesn't mean that they do not exist.

please enlighten me on some of the other alternative explanations for the origin of life, my brother…

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
please enlighten me on some of the other alternative explanations for the origin of life, my brother…

1. probabilistic based argument for spontaneous life using 2024 maths state of the art with assumptions of serial execution

2. god

you can't see a massive set of assumptions in one of those?

Born Rich

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$

I'm just trying to clarify...you said there isn't a single definitive alternative to abiogenesis and that there are many alternative explanations for the origin of life yet when I asked you to provide the alternatives you only mention God... :jbhmm:

1. probabilistic based argument for spontaneous life using 2024 maths state of the art with assumptions of serial execution

2. god

you can't see a massive set of assumptions in one of those?

I most certainly can...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I'm just trying to clarify...you said there isn't a single definitive alternative to abiogenesis and that there are many alternative explanations for the origin of life yet when I asked you to provide the alternatives you only mention God... :jbhmm:

no that is not what i said.

stop limiting my words by your limitations.

I most certainly can...

do you understand superposition. do you understand how that is used in quantum computing?

until superpositions collapse probabilities do not unfold serially.

you make an assumption of serial events in the timespans that you use in your OP.

Mugenight

CUINH311
Daps
That's all fine and dandy but...

These type of arguments usually come from the most degenerate and hedonistic people possible.

Born Rich

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
no that is not what i said.

stop limiting my words by your limitations.

my fault I'm not trying to misquote you...please clarify what you meant...

do you understand superposition. do you understand how that is used in quantum computing?

until superpositions collapse probabilities do not unfold serially.

I'm having trouble reconciling how superposition and quantum computing tie into the discussion at hand. Can you clarify for me?

you make an assumption of serial events in the timespans that you use in your OP.

did I? well, here's the math used in the amoeba scenario calculations. Feel free to check it and let me know where assumptions were made....

Let Tp represent the average time it would take for a usable protein of length n to form.

Let Tu represent the time it would take for the amoeba to haul the whole universe one atom per round trip.

Then the quantity U (number of universes hauled) is Tp ÷ Tu . If Tp > Tu , then the amoeba can haul more than 1 universe. If Tp < Tu, the amoeba can only haul a fraction of the universe.

Let’s look in detail at the factors involved in calculating Tp and Tu.

a = number of amino acid types used in proteins (20, only considering canonical types, since those are the only types that remained after the origin of life.)

n = number of amino acids in the target protein chain. Set as a constant, 150. (most protein chains range from 153 to 283 amino acids in length to we're being conservative.)

r = rate of chain formation in each set per year. At 1 per second, that’s 3.15 x 10^7 chains per year per set (60 seconds x 60 minutes x 24 hours x 365 days).

s = number of sets forming chains, limited by Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen on earth = 10^41

P = inverse probability of usable protein of length n. For n = 150 amino acids, this is 10^164. This is the number of trials required, on average, in which to expect a success.

Tp is calculated as: P/r*s

d = diameter of the universe in inches. 90 billion light-years (a common estimate) is 3.4 x 10^28 inches.

u = number of atoms in the universe. We use 10^80 atoms as stated above.

i = rate amoeba travels in inches per year. We use 1 foot, which is 12 inches per year.

Tu is calculated as: 2d*u/i

U = Tp / Tu
is therefore: P/r⋅s / 2d*u/i

Simplifying, this becomes P*I/2d*u*r*s

Substituting quantities, this results in:

U = 10^164*12 / (3.4*10^28)⋅(10^80)⋅(3.15*10^7)⋅(10^41)

= 5.6 x 10^7 = 56,000,000 universes (56 million)

It’s important to note that with the probability so vanishingly small, no amount of reasonable adjustment of the inputs will make a difference to the conclusion. For instance, if the waiting time for a protein to self-assemble was reduced drastically so that the amoeba could only haul one universe, or half a universe, chance still would be a wholly inadequate explanation.