Christian Brehs: Why would God make some people smarter than others?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:wtf: what do you call this?

Genesis 19

Do you automatically believe that every single myth a religion tells about its origins is automatically meant to be explicit historical fact? Myths are descriptive stories that explain aspects of why the world is the way it is, they're not necessarily meant to be historical descriptions. I don't place such stories told thousands of years after the events were supposed to have occurred on the same level as reports about events written in the same era as they occurred by people who were there or knew those who were.

I've noticed that people in these sorts of discussions tend to take the most extreme, least informed view of the other side and then try to paint it as if everyone on that side holds that view.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Atheists spend their life trying to convince themselves and everyone around them that they're making the right choice.

:mjlol:

scientifically minded rational people (as a group) study/discuss everything.

you see those big universities, research centers, museums and the like. religion is a tiny part of their work.

only in the mind of the deluded are the non-religious "specially focused" on proving anything about the religious.

only way you could imagine that man's focus is on disproving religion is if you have no idea about prevailing research.

-

TL;DR did you go to university? and if so, was the university's focus "being anti-religious"?

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
:mjlol:

scientifically minded rational people (as a group) study/discuss everything.

you see those big universities, research centers, museums and the like. religion is a tiny part of their work.

only in the mind of the deluded are the non-religious "specially focused" on proving anything about the religious.

only way you could imagine that man's focus is on disproving religion is if you have no idea about prevailing research.

-

TL;DR did you go to university? and if so, was the university's focus "being anti-religious"?
I went to college twice, two degrees. Majority of people go to school and still do research but they are also religious.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TLR is pubic.

he can read it for himself :manny:
Naww, that's JBO
full

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:wtf: what do you call this?

Genesis 19
the action in the large intestine :wtf: :damn:

remember this is the judgment on Sodom. And God said to Abraham that his heir would come from his bowels

Genesis 15:1-6

1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
If you believe in the god of the 3 theistic religions you already believe that an eternal being that created all aspects of time and space and set aside multiple dimensions for different stages of consciousness for the hundreds of billions of people that have existed on the earth while mapping out each and every living things destiny from the Nobel prize winning scientist to the gut bacteria of a sea slug. All along the trillions of paths a life can take along each nanosecond of existence.

This being not only maps out the lives of every object in the universe that has ever existed but also experiences past, present and future simultaneously of every object in multiple universes and realities and can influence them at will. Not only what has, happened, is happening or will happen but the quadrillions of possible outcomes of every physical and chemical reaction of the laws of nature from a tsunami wiping out millions of people to a hunk of quartz vaporizing off the surface of Jupiter.

Lets put this in perspective that doesn’t even scratch the surface of a neutron star on what the concept of god means you believe.

Imagine if you were in control of every Mayfly on the planet. They live on average of 5 minutes. You plan their entire lives and everything that occurs with those 5 minutes. Every 30 minutes you have witness the birth, procreation and death of millions of mayfly’s. A week billions. A month trillions. So on an so forth. Not only that you have created alternate realms where the special mayfly’s that followed your rules get to live for eternity. You’ve known each Mayfly individually, you’ve loved each Mayfly unconditionally. You know every intimate detail of every single one of those quadrillion mayfly’s lives down to the nanosecond and beyond for eternity. You don’t sleep, you don’t eat, this is what you do. Time is meaningless, reality is meaningless, you have no motivations because motivations isn’t even a concept with your power, yet you must watch and judge the Mayfly.

In conclusion, if you believe this, then yeah god would have no problem making some mayflys retarded. :mjlol:
technically I agreed with what you were saying until this part

our ways are not God's ways

you have no right to decide what God gives meaning to.

Mank1nd

Rookie
Daps
TLR is pubic.

he can read it for himself :manny:
Well I speak to God everyday and I still have unanswered questions. So dont be discouraged. Regardless I've came to many conclusions through my own experiences in life and I'm satisfied with that.

• Dap

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
my question was. were your universities focused on anti-Religious discussions/research.
I supposed not.

Your question is extraneous to my point though.

You know some women choose to not have kids(which is alright by the way, parenting ain't easy) but spend their older years just talking their lips off about how they do not regret not having kids. To a point that they older they get, they seem to become more and more predesposed to that topic even unnecessarily. Almost as if everytime they hear somebody talk about their kids, it irks them and they want to reaffirm(to themselves)their choices.
It doesn't mean said women did not have professions or pursue other life interests but when it comes specifically to that offsprings part of life, it's always a full-on discussion about "not regretting".

That's how I see most atheists although the regret part is replaced by guilt.

• Dap

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I supposed not.

well there you go. not a special focus.

every corner has a church. if anything religious are more focused on proving stuff than the irreligious.

in any case I'm not sure that that matters much for the OP.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I supposed not.

You know some women choose to not have kids(which is alright by the way, parenting ain't easy) but spend their older years just talking their lips off about how they do not regret not having kids. To a point that they older they get, they seem to become more and more predesposed to that topic even unnecessarily. Almost as if everytime they hear somebody talk about their kids, it irks them and they want to reaffirm(to themselves)their choices.
It doesn't mean said women did not have professions or pursue other life interests but when it comes specifically to that offsprings part of life, it's always a full-on discussion about "not regretting".

Thats why Jesus didnt just defeat sin, he also gave people a reason to not feel guilty

that said, it doesnt mean people should read what it says then continue to do wrong. The law is still an eternal law

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some dogs smarter than others?​

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some bears smarter than others?​

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some people taller than others?​

• Haha