Christian Brehs: Why would God make some people smarter than others?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some dogs smarter than others?​

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some bears smarter than others?​

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some people taller than others?​

if you really want to go down the rabbit hole

the law of the green herb might be on the animal, and that might be why animals don't talk

do we herd the animal or does the animal herd us? :jbhmm:

1310.gif

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
if you really want to go down the rabbit hole

the law of the green herb might be on the animal, and that might be why animals don't talk

do we herd the animal or does the animal herd us? :jbhmm:

1310.gif

"this is tinkerbell, she's a rescue. But really, like honestly, seriously, it was SHE who rescued ME"

• Wow
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
lets check it

"this isnt tinkerbell, he's not a rescue. But suspiciously, definitely dishonestly, not seriously, it was HE who rescued YOU"

Job 38:31-33 (NIV)

31 “Can you bind the chains[a] of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[b]
or lead out the Bear[c] with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s[d] dominion over the earth?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you automatically believe that every single myth a religion tells about its origins is automatically meant to be explicit historical fact? Myths are descriptive stories that explain aspects of why the world is the way it is, they're not necessarily meant to be historical descriptions. I don't place such stories told thousands of years after the events were supposed to have occurred on the same level as reports about events written in the same era as they occurred by people who were there or knew those who were.

I've noticed that people in these sorts of discussions tend to take the most extreme, least informed view of the other side and then try to paint it as if everyone on that side holds that view.
So you pick and choose what you want to believe in with the Bible? If you believe in an omnipotent being then why is that story so far fetch?

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some dogs smarter than others?​

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some bears smarter than others?​

Christian Brehs: Why would God make some people taller than others?​

"they wanna talk about your hair, they wanna talk about your shoes, they wanna talk about the fact you smoke cigars, they wanna talk about the fact you don't smoke cigars, they wanna talk about what you didn't say, they wanna talk about what they think you assume, they wanna talk about about what they think you didn't assume, they wanna talk about ya mama, they wanna talk about ya papa, they wanna talk about ya car, they wanna talk about your dog, they wanna talk about your cat, they wanna talk about ANYTHING except actually answering the question."

dc.png

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atheists spend their life trying to convince themselves and everyone around them that they're making the right choice.
I think you have that confused with theist. Having faith is to convince yourself into believing something that doesn't have any physical evidence. Many atheists were theists that were opened minded enough to question the errors they found and open minded enough to accept the answers that went against what they were taught to believe

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Religion does more good than bad, religion pretty much established the behavioral standards for modern culture. Now imagine no religion and everyone just acted on animalistic impulse (like many do anyway)..how do you think society would look? I'm not even saying most Christians are good people are have good morals? But it's a set of codes/principles that have lasted the test of time through years and years of societies.
No offense but the indoctrination is been firmly planted in you. Just look at how Christianity has spread. Spread through war and colonization. Look how women been mistreated due to the Bible (and Qur'an), gays, racial minorities, children, mentally ill, etc.
Good people are good people regardless of what they believe or don't.
People who think you can only be good if you are religious leads me to believe that any good they do is because they want something (whatever your religious endgame is) and not from genuine empathy for other people.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So you pick and choose what you want to believe in with the Bible? If you believe in an omnipotent being then why is that story so far fetch?

Do you "pick and choose" what you want to believe when you watch TV, or do you use your basic discernment to tell the difference? Is a new clip the same as a PSA? Mr. Rogers intended you to learn life lessons from everything he did, but could you tell which guests were describing their real lives and which ones were acting out a part?

The Bible is 66 books written by 40 different authors, I use my reading comprehension to understand what genre I'm reading. Stories like Job are obviously mythic tales, not exact histories:

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?”

So Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and [h]shuns evil?”

So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!”

And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.

But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord."

Was there some human author sitting up there presenting on all this? Does the narrative claim that God dictated this whole story to a prophet? How about all the later poetic speeches by minor characters that go on for pages and pages and perfectly serve the story, are those supposed to have been transcribed by someone present? Of course not - it's clearly just a parable, a tale that shows how how the followers of Yahweh were contemplating the problem of evil.

Same goes for the stories that Jesus tells - sometimes he's clearly talking about real people, other times he's clearly telling parables. They aren't the same thing.

I don't put tales like this, or stories written down by people 1000 years after the "events" in them were supposed to have occurred, on the same level as first-person accounts told by people who were there. If you read the Bible with your mind open at all, you can clearly see that some of the stories are clearly meant to be mythic and others are clearly meant to be real accounts. Of course, some others are more ambiguous, and then you have to use your own discernment, just as you do with everything that is written down in history.