Chris Rock,Samuel L. Jackson - "Spiral" ..... "Saw"----spinoff- trailer out

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Seen this in theaters for the first time since the invisible man in February of last year.

Chris Rock needs to stick to stand up, because this mf SUCKS at acting :russ:

Matter of fact, everyone sucked at acting besides Samuel L Da Gawd. This felt more like a bad se7en remake than an actual Saw movie.

Didn’t expect much from the film, so I can’t shyt on it too much. I’m just happy to be back in the theaters

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
“when’s the last time you saw your father?”
“this morning”
“bullshyt”
“you muthafukka!” *tries to choke him to death”

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: this part had me rolling

can always count on Rock to have a great racial joke in all his flicks :pachaha:

Daps
finally got around to seeing this in the theater

• Chris Rock being hard on hoes had me crackin up. No one in my theater laughed though :mjpls:
  • I guess i dont watch enough horror movies. i didnt predict the killer at all
  • The Traps were sick but i didnt flinch and thats NOT a good thing. i feel like the shaky cam is a way to mask the gore. I wanted to see fingers splitting from bone clearly :demonic: and no one escaped
  • i always get excited when i hear that SAW finale conclusion music pop on although this ending was just ok. It makes sense but felt too "woke'ish. The killer came out with a promo like...
  • wcwwwe-645x370.jpg
  • I cracked up when the killer made Samual L. Jackson pull up his robotic JAX arm to point at the cops and them cacs were excited to shoot a black man
:beli:

overall: 6/10 - C+

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Just heading out from seeing it… it’s only 90 min & was predictable af. Although I loved the opening scene with Chris breaking down Forrest Gumo
in ways we all have whole sitting back watching & shooting the breeze. I I absolutely LOVED the references to new jack city & pulp fiction (this one was a very subtle one)

Overall the movie was
tenor.gif

Queen of the Film Room approved for my suspense category re-watch factor. But i def would watch it when it’s streaming and there is nothing else on.

OH AND I MUST address Chris Rock’s squint/snarl :mjlol: I had to fight my laughs cause I kept thinking of him in Head of State when he was collecting all them L’s and went home to get dumped by Robin Givens…

I love that Rock is taking a new route in acting. After him doing Fargo, he shows it’s never too late to try something different in the acting game. I wanted to keep a count of how many MOTHERfukkAS Sam Jackson would drop but I lost count after two when I lost focus due to Chris’ snarl/glare.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good watch, first time in the theater since Invisible Man as well.

Very good story and got the feeling back. The latter Saw movies just three story out the window and focused on the traps. Hopefully the have a sequel or expand on the Book concept.

Kudos to Chris Rock for coming up with the concept as well

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Better than the last few Saw movies but that's not saying much. That "twist" and what happened to Sam L (the how not the result) just had me like :unimpressed:.

C. Rock did take me out of it at some points but overall he did a good job. And I must be getting old, but him and SLJ tossing around nikka like dat in what's predominantly a white audience was cringe lol

Conz

Superstar
Daps
literally predicted this entire movie from the first trailer. texted this to my buddy after the trailer hit - "very excited to bootleg this. here's my 100% accurate review in advance - "Some innovative traps that are fun per usual. I didn't feel bad for the cops, and man, those were some generic ass cops. That Max dude from Social Network was predictably involved with the killer(s). Chris Rock is ridiculous in this role if only for his voice. Why did Sam Jackson have to be in this exactly?""

i still can't believe this exists. i couldn't tell you which Saw is which outside of the first 2, they all started to blur together, but i know i enjoyed them more than this. i didn't even think the traps were that inventive tbh

Last edited: