Chris Paul is a TRUE point guard, unlike Steph Curry

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Yeah won't go to far like getting an NBA title vs kobe and shaq

Ben Wallace had all the Piston's MVP votes and was their only All Star and RIP was on fire throughout that whole run. Billups was their best player in the Finals but Ben, Rasheed, and RIP were as important if not more important as Billups from the prior 3 rounds.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
CP3 is more efficient on the scoring end and a better facilitator yes, but Glove was no slouch in either department and the gap isn’t very wide

And CP3 has never lead his team to the Finals as the #1 guy.
I think there is a bigger difference in CP3's offensive ability with Gary than the gap between Gary's defensive ability and CP3s.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
lol, you simipletons get mad when people use logic.
Of course individuals are important to the success of a team as a whole.
That said you can't reduce player valuation to team success.
Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, sometimes lesser players in a better system will have more unit success than a team with greater individual talent position by position but in a system that doesn't optimize those pieces in the best manner.

Thats why its foolish and over simplistic to try to attribute a player being greater than another by merit of team accomplishments.
That just sounds like a copout to say if Player A was in the same situation as Player B , Player A would be just as successful...that's hating my nikka. Completely ignoring intangible as well as subtle tangible factors that Player B contributed to create that environment in the 1st place.

And my position is, when comparing HOF talent, the one that just "happened " to be in advantageous situations in their career more than their contemporary, that speaks volumes. You cant just backhandedly contribute it to the "situation", wateva that means, without pondering that maybe just maybe hes the reason for said situation. See what I'm sayin? You trying to make individual talent and team success mutually exclusive and that speaks to the sort of rhetoric that ppl who only watch box scores or whom have never been in a locker room would say.

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
CP3 is more efficient on the scoring end and a better facilitator yes, but Glove was no slouch in either department and the gap isn’t very wide

And CP3 has never lead his team to the Finals as the #1 guy.
Or period for that matter. :mjgrin:

But for some reason it isnt fair to use that as an indictment against his individual abilities :pachaha:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That just sounds like a copout to say if Player A was in the same situation as Player B , Player A would be just as successful...that's hating my nikka. Completely ignoring intangible as well as subtle tangible factors that Player B contributed to create that environment in the 1st place.

And my position is, when comparing HOF talent, the one that just "happened " to be in advantageous situations in their career more than their contemporary, that speaks volumes. You cant just backhandedly contribute it to the "situation", wateva that means, without pondering that maybe just maybe hes the reason for said situation. See what I'm sayin? You trying to make individual talent and team success mutually exclusive and that speaks to the sort of rhetoric that ppl who only watch box scores or whom have never been in a locker room would say.
Its not a cop out its reality.
You can't expect to be taken seriously about evaluation of what players are, when you start talking purely hypothetical.
We aren't saying woulda coulda, we are talking about what players are doing or what they did and breaking that down.
If a greater talent is on an inferior team they won't have success against equal talent, greater talent, or inferior talent on greater teams. Thats just a fact.
So if your position is they got "more rings" then your opinion is irrelevant, because its based on ignorance of the game an a level of mental simplicity that is embarssing for an adult manto even say.

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
Its not a cop out its reality.
You can't expect to be taken seriously about evaluation of what players are, when you start talking purely hypothetical.
We aren't saying woulda coulda, we are talking about what players are doing or what they did and breaking that down.
If a greater talent is on an inferior team they won't have success against equal talent, greater talent, or inferior talent on greater teams. Thats just a fact.
So if your position is they got "more rings" then your opinion is irrelevant, because its based on ignorance of the game an a level of mental simplicity that is embarssing for an adult manto even say.
You lost our lil back forth. Everything I said clearly went over your head....completely oblivious that everything you just said applies to your side of the argument. Not mines.
Insert player winning more rings than said contemporary is the actual fact that YOU'RE tryna SUBJECTIVELY contextualize...YOU'RE the one tryna create hypothetical situations by implying that if all things equal, again whatever that means, your guy would be just as successful. "With greater talent" as you would say, again subjective AND hypothetical. Complete antonyms of "facts".
But cool, debating is not everybody's forte

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Do you remember how bad the east was back then? 50 wins got you a top 2 seed. 75 points per game as a team in the conference finals. They went 7 with the nets even though Kidd averaged 10 points on 28% shooting for the series.
Then why did the Nuggets go from an underachieving team into legit title contenders when they traded for Chauncey in ‘08-‘09?

We can’t criticism them for the East being weak when they come out the East and defeat a Western Conference powerhouse as massive underdogs and almost hit a 2 peat.

Not to much they got through Shaq and Wade before they got to the Finals in 05

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You lost our lil back forth. Everything I said clearly went over your head....completely oblivious that everything you just said applies to your side of the argument. Not mines.
Insert player winning more rings than said contemporary is the actual fact that YOU'RE tryna SUBJECTIVELY contextualize...YOU'RE the one tryna create hypothetical situations by implying that if all things equal, again whatever that means, your guy would be just as successful. "With greater talent" as you would say, again subjective AND hypothetical. Complete antonyms of "facts".
But cool, debating is not everybody's forte
The fact that you think you can win or lose a subjective debate again shows how little thought you put into what you actually say. lol.
Winning rings doesn't measure a player's greatness.
If it did Steve Kerr would be a better PG than John Stockton and Gary Payton, correct?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Love steph

but his play was fukking terrible in yesterday's game

Horrendous turnovers from Steph. And he ALWAYS does that shyt. Like, ALWAYS

He acts like he plays for the goddamn globetrotters. Just pass the the ball like a regular player.

At one point he looked like he passed it to CP3

nikka barely scored in the 4th. Thank God for durant, cuz he put us back in the game in the 3rd

So now we lost to the rockets ALL THREE TIMES in the regular season.

Pray to God we dont see them in the playoffs, cuz we need a plan and Steve Kerr doesnt seem to have one

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Then why did the Nuggets go from an underachieving team into legit title contenders when they traded for Chauncey in ‘08-‘09?

We can’t criticism them for the East being weak when they come out the East and defeat a Western Conference powerhouse as massive underdogs and almost hit a 2 peat.

Not to much they got through Shaq and Wade before they got to the Finals in 05
Wade getting hurt was the biggest reason they got past the heat. He was a better fit for the nuggets than AI was. He was not a better player than Chris Paul. This isn’t even debatable. If Paul is the point guard for those pistons teams, they’re in just as good shape if not better, and that’s being generous. Billups was really good, but he was not in that category.

Swaggatron

TYBG
Supporter
Daps
if arenas ran point, why wouldn't steph?
In the 80's and 90's and depending on what team drafted him in the early 00's arenas would be a 2 guard as well.//Joe Dumars was 6'3 198 and was a 2 guard. Sidney Moncrief was 6'3 190...another 2 guard...there are outliers obviously like Magic but given Steph's skill set I would not be surprised to see him as a 2 in a different era

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Love steph

but his play was fukking terrible in yesterday's game

Horrendous turnovers from Steph. And he ALWAYS does that shyt. Like, ALWAYS

He acts like he plays for the goddamn globetrotters. Just pass the the ball like a regular player.

At one point he looked like he passed it to CP3

nikka barely scored in the 4th. Thank God for durant, cuz he put us back in the game in the 3rd

So now we lost to the rockets ALL THREE TIMES in the regular season.

Pray to God we dont see them in the playoffs, cuz we need a plan and Steve Kerr doesnt seem to have one

Regular Season victories don't amount to post season victories, the Bulls used to kick the Heatles ass all the time in the regular season and come post season the Bulls couldn't hang.

Steph acting like he plays for the Globetrotters is the reason why the Warriors win and sometimes the reason why they lose.

When Globetrotter Steph is activated and he isn't fukking up, nobody can beat the Warriors.

Steph is a sloppy as fukk passer though.

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
The fact that you think you can win or lose a subjective debate again shows how little thought you put into what you actually say. lol.
Winning rings doesn't measure a player's greatness.
If it did Steve Kerr would be a better PG than John Stockton and Gary Payton, correct?
I dont judge winning debates by changing opinions, I judge em by getting the person to realize that the way they presented their position is flawed.
I don't care if u think Chris Paul is the greatest player of all time...I just wanna see a sound, and original argument for it.
Or just flat out skip tryna be logical and just say that's how u feel. Period. But u tryna be logical and u making zero sense in the process.

But good day sir, your argument is flying off the rails. You clearly arent digesting my retorts

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Regular Season victories don't amount to post season victories, the Bulls used to kick the Heatles ass all the time in the regular season and come post season the Bulls couldn't hang.

Steph acting like he plays for the Globetrotters is the reason why the Warriors win and sometimes the reason why they lose.

When Globetrotter Steph is activated and he isn't fukking up, nobody can beat the Warriors.

Steph is a sloppy as fukk passer though.

This. Can Kerr not pull him to the side and talk to him about it? This has been going on for years now.

IDK, i feel like the rockets have us figured out. And tbh, their bench is better than ours. We need to do have a solid plan cuz they're the ones to take us down.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I dont judge winning debates by changing opinions, I judge em by getting the person to realize that the way they presented their position is flawed.
I don't care if u think Chris Paul is the greatest player of all time...I just wanna see a sound, and original argument for it.
Or just flat out skip tryna be logical and just say that's how u feel. Period. But u tryna be logical and u making zero sense in the process.

But good day sir, your argument is flying off the rails. You clearly arent digesting my retorts
LOL you can't even defend the absurdity of your logic when I presented it to you in terms of Kerr being a better player than Payton and Stockton.
LOL

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
LOL you can't even defend the absurdity of your logic when I presented it to you in terms of Kerr being a better player than Payton and Stockton.
LOL
Because I've already addressed that angle you tryna come at me wit my guy.