Chris Paul is a TRUE point guard, unlike Steph Curry

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Point Guards that dominate the ball and aren't capable of being prolific scorers don't win rings.

The point guard is often the smallest player on the court. Basketball is all about height.

If the smallest guy on your team is pounding the air out of the ball and everybody else around him gotta just stand and watch, not going to win.

Look at the history of the NBA and the all-time great players that has rings, all of them are Swing Men and Big men.

True Point Guards are overrated because of Magic Johnson.

Before Magic Johnson, Point Guards weren't expected to pass the ball like that. Then Magic came and everybody wanted a Magic type PG, ignoring the fact that Magic is 6'8, 6'9 and really was a forward that played with 2 other guards. He wasn't actually put at PG like Ben Simmons.

I mean everybody loved Magic as a player and Jordan played the Magic role for one season just to prove that he can do it.

Passing from the PG position isn't as valuable as passing from the Swing or Big Man spot. The most important thing for the PG to be able to do is to shoot because the PG is furtherest from the goal most often. So if your PG is able to hit a 3s from 30 feet like Dame or Steph or even Trae Young that's more valuable then pounding the air of the ball and making passes.

Passing from the Swing and Big Man position is more valuable because they are traditionally taller and taller players can see over the top of the defense.

Guys like Larry Bird and Nikola orchestrate offenses from the post, which is more advantageous than passing from the perimeter. More actions can be ran from the post.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Point Guards that dominate the ball and aren't capable of being prolific scorers don't win rings.

The point guard is often the smallest player on the court. Basketball is all about height.

If the smallest guy on your team is pounding the air out of the ball and everybody else around him gotta just stand and watch, not going to win.

Look at the history of the NBA and the all-time great players that has rings, all of them are Swing Men and Big men.

True Point Guards are overrated because of Magic Johnson.

Before Magic Johnson, Point Guards weren't expected to pass the ball like that. Then Magic came and everybody wanted a Magic type PG, ignoring the fact that Magic is 6'8, 6'9 and really was a forward that played with 2 other guards. He wasn't actually put at PG like Ben Simmons.

I mean everybody loved Magic as a player and Jordan played the Magic role for one season just to prove that he can do it.

Passing from the PG position isn't as valuable as passing from the Swing or Big Man spot. The most important thing for the PG to be able to do is to shoot because the PG is furtherest from the goal most often. So if your PG is able to hit a 3s from 30 feet like Dame or Steph or even Trae Young that's more valuable then pounding the air of the ball and making passes.

Passing from the Swing and Big Man position is more valuable because they are traditionally taller and taller players can see over the top of the defense.

Guys like Larry Bird and Nikola orchestrate offenses from the post, which is more advantageous than passing from the perimeter. More actions can be ran from the post.

Jerry West, Bob Cousey, Big O,Clyde Frazier, and Pistol Pete kill your PG theory.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
LOL, no you literally did not address it, and you are continuing to ignore it now.

And my position is, when comparing HOF talent, the one that just "happened " to be in advantageous situations in their career more than their contemporary, that speaks volumes. You cant just backhandedly contribute it to the "situation", wateva that means, without pondering that maybe just maybe hes the reason for said situation. See what I'm sayin? You trying to make individual talent and team success mutually exclusive and that speaks to the sort of rhetoric that ppl who only watch box scores or whom have never been in a locker room would say.
I have tho , I knew u weren't paying attention
Why are u taking this debate so personal fam? :dahell:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I have tho , I knew u weren't paying attention
Why are u taking this debate so personal fam? :dahell:
If your logic are argumentation doesn't apply consistantly your logic or argumentation is flawd on its face and has no objective merit. You understand that right?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
has cp3 ever been in a situation where he didn't have to utilize his handle to create for his teammates who couldn't¿

when he was running with blake blake was still growing skill wise & even now blake is not running a offense

cp3 is washed now & just getting on a team for the first time with someone who can create & run a offense besides himself

nikkas don't dribble the air out the ball for nothing b

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I think there is a bigger difference in CP3's offensive ability with Gary than the gap between Gary's defensive ability and CP3s.
It’s close. Glove has a bigger team impact and superior leadership to CP3

Wade getting hurt was the biggest reason they got past the heat. He was a better fit for the nuggets than AI was. He was not a better player than Chris Paul. This isn’t even debatable. If Paul is the point guard for those pistons teams, they’re in just as good shape if not better, and that’s being generous. Billups was really good, but he was not in that category.
Being a “better fit” doesn’t get one from the 8th seed and swept in the first round to the 2 seed in the West and deep into the WCF.

Chris Paul is a superior talent to Chauncey of course but he isn’t as dependable. If we put CP3 on those Pistons teams I can’t say that they come away with a title.

I damn sure can’t say he takes Melo to the WCF

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
This. Can Kerr not pull him to the side and talk to him about it? This has been going on for years now.

IDK, i feel like the rockets have us figured out. And tbh, their bench is better than ours. We need to do have a solid plan cuz they're the ones to take us down.

Kerr already took the ball out of Steph's hands and have him running around screens like JJ Reddikk.

Can't really tell the man shyt, Steph really could run pick and roll all game and put up 33 points and 8 assists.

The issue with the Warriors is, most of the roster can't shoot or dribble really. There's not a lot of space on the court and Curry did not grow up playing PG. He played SG until his last year in college. He doesn't have the zip on his passes and his handle is really loose, he doesn't have a handle like Kyrie and his personality is so nonchalant so shyt happens.

Curry requires secondary ball handlers that can shoot.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Kerr already took the ball out of Steph's hands and have him running around screens like JJ Reddikk.

Can't really tell the man shyt, Steph really could run pick and roll all game and put up 33 points and 8 assists.

The issue with the Warriors is, most of the roster can't shoot or dribble really. There's not a lot of space on the court and Curry did not grow up playing PG. He played SG until his last year in college. He doesn't have the zip on his passes and his handle is really loose, he doesn't have a handle like Kyrie and his personality is so nonchalant so shyt happens.

Curry requires secondary ball handlers that can shoot.
What are you talking about? The reason Curry can play off the ball so much is because they have multiple guys that can handle the ball and initiate offense.

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
has cp3 ever been in a situation where he didn't have to utilize his handle to create for his teammates who couldn't¿

when he was running with blake blake was still growing skill wise & even now blake is not running a offense

cp3 is washed now & just getting on a team for the first time with someone who can create & run a offense besides himself

nikkas don't dribble the air out the ball for nothing b

Would he ever wannabe. That's literally his greatest strength and wat has propelled him to HOF status

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Jerry West, Bob Cousey, Big O,Clyde Frazier, and Pistol Pete kill your PG theory.

No it doesn't actually Jerry West, Big O and Clyde proves it, they were prolific scoring guards, capable of playing 1 and 2. They weren't pass first guards.

Jerry West was dropping 25 plus a game. Big O was dropping 25 plus a game. Clyde shared the ball with another ball handler in Earl the Pearl and Clyde was dropping 20 a game and playing outstanding defense. He wasn't trying to get 10 assists a game. All the players you mentioned besides Bob Cousey who had a secondary playmaker in Bill Russell and wasn't the best player on the team, was trying to put up 25 plus every night, they weren't trying to get assists, getting assists were a by product of them scoring.

And Pistol Pete did not play PG, he played SG and he was score first and he didn't win a ring.

The Chris Paul, I'ma dribble the air out of the ball and wait for the perfect pass, don't win rings as the best player on the team. Only guard to play that way and win was Magic and Magic wasn't really a guard and played with 2 other guards in the line up.

The idea that a PG has to be a set-up guy started with of Magic, because with him at PG, nobody else touched the ball unless they were scoring it and then you had guys like Jason Kidd and Stockton that played that style. Everybody wanted a guy that "made his teammates better". People started caring about how many assists a PG can make, instead of how much points they put on the board.

Before that, you just had a guard and if your guard got buckets, you didn't try to find a pass first guard. Now having a PG as a bucket-getter is en vogue again with Curry, Dame, Kyrie Irving and nobody cares to have a pass first guard (historically most of them suck at scoring) especially a team gets secondary ball handlers and your PG can shoot.

The renaissance of the scoring PG started with Gilbert Arenas and Chauncey Billups, guys that didn't give a fukk about their assist numbers and just went out there and played basketball and put numbers up in a natural way.

I remember Bucks fans wanted Brandon Knight out of Milwaukee because he didn't "make his teammates" yet was shooting the ball really really well and then Kidd went and got MCW, who can't even make lay-ups.

Fans kill me with the desire to have a pass-first PG. Assists are the most overrated stat in basketball.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Would he ever wannabe. That's literally his greatest strength and wat has propelled him to HOF status
if he could have come into a situation in his prime where he could play & win on the highest level yes

cp3 a savage competitor

he's got that zeke like shyte in him he just never been with a franchise that could get all the way right

ultimately every era there are only a few franchises that pull it all together & win

it's about franchise & team first when it comes to winning

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
if he could have come into a situation in his prime where he could play & win on the highest level yes

cp3 a savage competitor

he's got that zeke like shyte in him he just never been with a franchise that could get all the way right

ultimately every era there are only a few franchises that pull it all together & win

it's about franchise & team first when it comes to winning

That's not what I asked tho. U implied he had to be dribble dribble dribble because of circumstances....I'm calling bullshyt on that. That's his greatest strength.