Chris Paul is a TRUE point guard, unlike Steph Curry

MF budz

All Star
Daps
People who only list rings as their argument should be ignored.

It’s the laziest point ever. It usually designated for people who know little of what they are talking about. Or not equipped to discuss/debate sports.

Usually players do this when they don’t wanna outright say someone is better than another player. Cant go wrong with he’s better cause he has ring(s). When they (of all people)know it’s more to it than that.
I also listed 2 mvps and greatest shooter ever. Are you trying to say Chris Paul is better than curry? :usure:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I’m not sure about that. Maybe as a pure offensive talent, but I trust Billups health, critical decision making in crunch time, and leadership more than CP3’s

Well that’s a damn shame because The Glove was for sure better than Chris Paul.
GP was a better defender, but thats about it, CP3 is a superior offensively and running a team IMO, far better passer

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I definitely would take Gary Payton over CP.

GP was all NBA Team 9 times and all NBA defensive team 9 times and won defensive player of the year.

GP has just as much as individual accolades than CP but slightly less, but GP has more team success (not even including his ring) than CP.

As of today, CP is probably more in the 7-10 range of all time.

I think over the years CP has become teflon to criticism from the media and fans.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No but he can take a team further than CP3 can with the right supplementary pieces around him
Do you remember how bad the east was back then? 50 wins got you a top 2 seed. 75 points per game as a team in the conference finals. They went 7 with the nets even though Kidd averaged 10 points on 28% shooting for the series.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
What does that mean in terms of player evaluation?
Teams progress in the playoffs, teams win championships.
Yall keep acting like individual talent on teams arent the motivating factors behind said wins and championships.....ESPECIALLY in a sport like basketball. You cant just replace GP with Elfrid Payton and expect the same results.
Herb ass nikkas stay tryna diminish players that contribute the most to winning. shyt corny.

Some players style of play just dont contribute to team success...u cant argue down their teammates everytime makin excuse for em

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I definitely would take Gary Payton over CP.

GP was all NBA Team 9 times and all NBA defensive team 9 times and won defensive player of the year.

GP has just as much as individual accolades than CP but slightly less, but GP has more team success (not even including his ring) than CP.

As of today, CP is probably more in the 7-10 range of all time.

I think over the years CP has become teflon to criticism from the media and fans.

CP3 has 8 all-nba team, 9 time all defense, 6 time steal leader, RoY, 4x assist leader, and 9x all star.
CP3 is equal in the least to GP and like I said GP was the superior defender but CP3 was a far better offensive player and team leader than GP was .
CP3 playing in the LeBron era makes people look down on him, its similar to how Big O was overlooked in the era of Bill and Wilt.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yall keep acting like individual talent on teams arent the motivating factors behind said wins and championships.....ESPECIALLY in a sport like basketball. You cant just replace GP with Elfrid Payton and expect the same results.
Herb ass nikkas stay tryna diminish players that contribute the most to winning. shyt corny.

Some players style of play just dont contribute to team success...u cant argue down their teammates everytime makin excuse for em

lol, you simipletons get mad when people use logic.
Of course individuals are important to the success of a team as a whole.
That said you can't reduce player valuation to team success.
Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, sometimes lesser players in a better system will have more unit success than a team with greater individual talent position by position but in a system that doesn't optimize those pieces in the best manner.

Thats why its foolish and over simplistic to try to attribute a player being greater than another by merit of team accomplishments.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GP was a better defender, but thats about it, CP3 is a superior offensively and running a team IMO, far better passer
CP3 is more efficient on the scoring end and a better facilitator yes, but Glove was no slouch in either department and the gap isn’t very wide

And CP3 has never lead his team to the Finals as the #1 guy.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
CP3 is more efficient on the scoring end and a better facilitator yes, but Glove was no slouch in either department and the gap isn’t very wide

And CP3 has never lead his team to the Finals as the #1 guy.
Never even took his team to the conference finals as the #1 guy either. Had to team up with Harden to do that.