Chris broussard speaks on the importance of dating black women

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
People are blending issues. Black men are very much attractive to us. Like I said, never met one who wasn't.

However, Black men have an aversion to marriage. And because hella Black women will ONLY date/marry Black men, that aversion keeps us single. (That is why you see some Black women online telling others "sis date out and stop waiting." IMO this is the absolute worst advice. Those women just want a ring and a baby. Society still makes having both the standard of womanhood)

This puts SOME Black women in a predicament: stay childless or become an unwed mother. I realize too many of us are having kids too early. But I cannot tell you how many financially stable, of appropriate age Black women cry about being in this predicament.

The answer is absolutely not "well you should have been looking for a husband in your 20s." Black women do not have the freedom to be carefree like cacs asians and latinas simply because of our pool of men (for various reasons) is not enough.

In short: Black men find a Black woman and marry her!!! Guide her, teach her, build with her and you will heal her. She will then be your most strong, loyal, resourceful asset in becoming your best self.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
A whole board of BM told me I was ugly because I said your basic everyday Mexican wasn't as good looking as Ashanti. That's the state of BM right now. A lot of BM worship non Black women like gods. Most of ya'll guilty of it too..:yeshrug:
This aint true at all

Every circle/setting/group I'm in amongst black men, we NEVER talk like this or express this type of sentiment. This is ridiculous babble

"Bro, did you see Jessica Alba in that dress at the Emmys last night?"
Yeah right:camby:

Last edited:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
i appreciate the brother's candor because a lot of black men in mass media are afraid to broach these topics. i salute his realness. but i take issue with this clip because it follows the same old narrative that black women's marriage rates are so low because nikkas put non black women on a pedestal. that is right outta the mama matriarch's womanist handbook, he sounds like a finger snappin sista girl right there

black men are like all other men, most attracted to their opposite gender counter part in disproportionate numbers. so why don't we take a look at black women themselves? naw it's better to continue the victimhood narrative as opposed to taking a close look at their cultural ideology and relationship philosophy. because i ain't never heard, "i'm a strong and independent chinese woman!" or a puerto rican bytch say "i can do bad all by my myself!" lol

:duck:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
When that energy is directed at you then maybe I'll take your dismissive attitude seriously. :manny:
Nah your game is just junk. I’ve gotten the same stuff on here and elsewhere and never judged a whole group over it. Try again. It’s just stupid period but like most people you don’t want to admit that stuff makes no sense and wouldn’t fly nowhere. Go outside and tell people you judged a whole group off of random people with names like dookieshootjones and see if they agree with that madness.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
marriage being down is probably more related to economics and white supremacy being put in place to keep black men down specifically in the job market
but broussard's point is probably pointed towards a lot o that athletes he deals with

i legit question that 28% or whatever he said because that sounded hella low but the marriage rates are significantly lower than other races of women that's for sure. so is it because nikkas are putting non black women on pedestals and hopping the fence at alarming rates? hell nah, like you said economics and white supremacy definitely play a part but we also have to look at other factors

like who on god's green earth is trying to wife a baby mama when looking for a mate except for russell wilson square ass? some of these broads already step into the game with babies in tow unlike the white & asian bytches but expect to get wifed at the same rate they are. there is absolutely no celebration of single mothers in non black communities or shaming of their men to treat them as if they got the same market value as childless women. if you got the baby then you should have the husband to go with it, but a lot of these sistas put the cart before the horse like ciara did and still expect shyt to pop off. it's wild

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Black men need to deal with who makes them happy......
As short as life is, everybody need to be dealing with whoever make them happy. It's gonna be a black queen for me tho.

You dudes that claim to fukk other women but only will marry blacks are straight cowards to me that are scarred of what others will say. Either you don’t mess with other groups are you do no half stepping.
:hhh:one of the dumbest posts in this thread. It's just sex. Ol "hi my name is Phil, will you marry me" ass nikka.

Some chicks you just wanna smash and nothing more. What nikka wouldn't wanna sample all colors of the spectrum?But Id much rather settle down with my own.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Honestly I feel like IR dating/marriage in the black community is very overblown to the point mentally it's not healthy to black men or women.

I mean the proof is right in front of our faces that black men are married & dating black women in high percentiles, now I know for some people hell maybe most that in order for them to BELIEVE shyt they gotta be APART of it.

I don't know if this DOUBT comes from black women & men who've been in bad relationships or are they so obsessed with black athletes/celebrities who are currently or have been in IR marriages etc and are using that to be in doubt.

Because that's another thing we seem to put heavy emphasis on that and then use it as if it's representation of the average black man or woman, we don't even care as much about regular black folks who are married and in love.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
People are blending issues. Black men are very much attractive to us. Like I said, never met one who wasn't.

However, Black men have an aversion to marriage. And because hella Black women will ONLY date/marry Black men, that aversion keeps us single. (That is why you see some Black women online telling others "sis date out and stop waiting." IMO this is the absolute worst advice. Those women just want a ring and a baby. Society still makes having both the standard of womanhood)

This puts SOME Black women in a predicament: stay childless or become an unwed mother. I realize too many of us are having kids too early. But I cannot tell you how many financially stable, of appropriate age Black women cry about being in this predicament.

The answer is absolutely not "well you should have been looking for a husband in your 20s." Black women do not have the freedom to be carefree like cacs asians and latinas simply because of our pool of men (for various reasons) is not enough.

In short: Black men find a Black woman and marry her!!! Guide her, teach her, build with her and you will heal her. She will then be your most strong, loyal, resourceful asset in becoming your best self.
I can ride with most of this but all this black women cant be like other groups of women get all the way the heck outta here. That’s excuse making stuff right there. Every black woman can’t find a dude y’all claim to want in her 20’s but the ones who are in college and or not around ain’t nothing cats can have better odds at finding someone in their 20’s. My parents met at college and many other people I know met their spouses at stuff younger 20’s people do like meetup groups and things like that. The whole everybody can’t get married excuse doesn’t hold weight because like any situation everybody can’t ball aka win. That’s life even if the numbers were the same.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
As short as life is, everybody need to be dealing with whoever make them happy. It's gonna be a black queen for me tho.

:hhh:one of the dumbest posts in this thread. It's just sex. Ol "hi my name is Phil, will you marry me" ass nikka.

Some chicks you just wanna smash and nothing more. What nikka wouldn't wanna sample all colors of the spectrum?But Id much rather settle down with my own.
You’re not smart stupid. You also have to stop with the hoe babble logic. If you claim you don’t mess with someone you don’t need to have sex with them. I’d love to know in the midst of your hoe babble how you figured me saying what I said meant anything about marriage? If you don’t fukk with whites goofy how hard is it to just fukk black women only? Bossman thought you was better than hoe babble.

It’s a lot of people that only fukk with black women and get all their sampling done within their own race because it’s still different women but y’all cats say any ole stupid stuff to excuse your cowardice.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I can ride with most of this but all this black women cant be like other groups of women get all the way the heck outta here. That’s excuse making stuff right there. Every black woman can’t find a dude y’all claim to want in her 20’s but the ones who are in college and or not around ain’t nothing cats can have better odds at finding someone in their 20’s. My parents met at college and many other people I know met their spouses at stuff younger 20’s people do like meetup groups and things like that. The whole everybody can’t get married excuse doesn’t hold weight because like any situation everybody can’t ball aka win. That’s life even if the numbers were the same.

It is IMPERATIVE that Black women concentrate on becoming employable and finding financial stability!! Do you know how hard it is for many Black men to find stable, legal work with benefits? Especially when they reach a certain age. I am old enough to know what Im talking about. Black women in their 20s must prepare for when they're in their 50s. She may very well become the primary breadwinner for her family. Of course there are exceptions. I am married to a wealthy Black man. We married in our 30s. I stayed at home for yrs until recently. However, I know of waaay more couples where the Black man cannot find good work. The wife HAS to work for the stability and the benefits. I wont even get into the amount of our men in prison.

This is what systematic racism did to the Black family.

To fight it, Black women have to accept a co-working family (sometimes the teens too) and Black men MUST GET MARRIED! I also STRONGLY encourage educated women to date blue collars too. They make stable income with benefits and plenty of them are Black.

Daps

Great points.

I don't think Asian/Latina/white women really have that much freedom either, tbh. They, especially Asian/white, feel the pressure of marriage since their communities expect them to be popping out babies by 30.

Asian girls have it easier though only because they always have white dudes to fall back on if they can't find a suitable Asian dude. White dudes get extra picky when it comes to marriage because of all the MGTOW and Red Pill stuff. Mid 20s white broads go nuts doing all kinds of yoga, spin classes etc., trying to stay thin to compete with Asian broads.

Live in Dallas and have seen so many examples of some chunky Seth Rogen looking white boi with a woman that he could have NEVER pulled without putting a ring on it. I don't see sistas going to those extremes. It can be difficult for sistas to find good men but I've never seen sistas dip too far out of their orbit to get married.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps

What are the various reasons? Because honestly, none of them are stopping bw from getting with bm lol.. I think most bw are just extremely picky. I know all races operate on this but I feel bw are the most extreme: no one wants to be with who wants them. Bw are willing to wait extremely long hoping that the dude that’s digging their guts out will suddenly give them commitment, but will ignore the dude who hasn’t even gotten a whiff of the p*ssy but genuinely loves her for who she is. But I don’t say that to make it seem like bw aren’t choosing out of spite. If bw are being picky I can see and understand completely.

But understand, 90% of bm can’t be your Tupac in a business suit, or whoever you see in Power, or Insecure, or in social media memes, all at once. We really cannot be these perfect caricatures that you all ideally see us as. Not only do we have to learn how to survive being black men, we also need to learn how to live doing our own thing.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps

oh gosh, why not just wait to connect with someone on the same wavelength?? , i see what you're saying but life aint like that