Chris broussard speaks on the importance of dating black women

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Of course, overall I agree with him, with a caveat;
  • He's Christian, so he's placing a certain value on marriage, but, 90% of black men who are married are married to black women
  • It's not about looking at ourselves, welcome to modern America, marriage ain't what it used to be
  • And I know you can say the exact same thing about black men, but, sisters don't want a "black life" anymore--they want a fantasy where if you make enough money, dress "the right way," etc., you escape the bullshyt that comes with race in America--(black life doesn't mean distention before you start that)
That's obviously, not the whole convo, but, that's what I get from that 60 sec clip

It's #GMB but I'm for #blacklove

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I think interracial dating between BM and WW is heavily overblown in the media. I had a black woman on FB recently complain about the NBA Draft and how all the black basketball players had a white spouse. It got into a heated argument. Interracial marriage/dating is what? Less than 5% of overall relationships? Do you think that is what is causing the low marriage rates of black women? It is just another attack on black men.
1)IR dating is more than white women. 2)IR is way more than 5 percent of relationships. :hhh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I didn't listen to it but most brothers date Black women. Folks have created a problem that really doesn't exist.
A lot of folks don’t really go outside no more so think this online fantasy world and celebrity life they don’t live is real for them. If most of these dudes that claim to live in black neighborhoods go outside and or people watch you can see that IR isn’t a big deal like some make it.