Chris broussard speaks on the importance of dating black women

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
i appreciate the brother's candor because a lot of black men in mass media are afraid to broach these topics. i salute his realness. but i take issue with this clip because it follows the same old narrative that black women's marriage rates are so low because nikkas put non black women on a pedestal. that is right outta the mama matriarch's womanist handbook, he sounds like a finger snappin sista girl right there

black men are like all other men, most attracted to their opposite gender counter part in disproportionate numbers. so why don't we take a look at black women themselves? naw it's better to continue the victimhood narrative as opposed to taking a close look at their cultural ideology and relationship philosophy. because i ain't never heard, "i'm a strong and independent chinese woman!" or a puerto rican bytch say "i can do bad all by my myself!" lol

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yall should watch the whole video. Very interesting. They talk about the relationship between christianity/church and black men in depth, whether Christianity is a white man's religion... This is a good podcast held by two brothers with very good guests.

As much as I have beef with Christianity..

The Black Church brought humanity and celebration to this country. Totally devoured that John Edwards "Wrath of an Angry God" Culture even though some of it still persists.

When you look at it.. it's more like everyone is trying to assimilate with US.

We need more confidence in ourselves, we already paid our dues

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think interracial dating between BM and WW is heavily overblown in the media. I had a black woman on FB recently complain about the NBA Draft and how all the black basketball players had a white spouse. It got into a heated argument. Interracial marriage/dating is what? Less than 5% of overall relationships? Do you think that is what is causing the low marriage rates of black women? It is just another attack on black men.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i appreciate the brother's candor because a lot of black men in mass media are afraid to broach these topics. i salute his realness. but i take issue with this clip because it follows the same old narrative that black women's marriage rates are so low because nikkas put non black women on a pedestal. that is right outta the mama matriarch's womanist handbook, he sounds like a finger snappin sista girl right there

black men are like all other men, most attracted to their opposite gender counter part in disproportionate numbers. so why don't we take a look at black women themselves? naw it's better to continue the victimhood narrative as opposed to taking a close look at their cultural ideology and relationship philosophy. because i ain't never heard, "i'm a strong and independent chinese woman!" or a puerto rican bytch say "i can do bad all by my myself!" lol

Okay...there's merit to what your saying. One because BW's marriage rates aren't as bleak as he made them appear and because there has to be some accountability from women in why a portion of them are not married. With that being said there's alot of validity to what he's saying and especially when you point to BM in metropolitain areas. California BM for example, they have the reputation they have for a reason. I've seen the women complaining. Thes women are BEAUTIFUL, they are smart and successful and have publicly declared they want a BLACK FAMILY and a BLACK MAN. But yet they have problems dating. This is the same in any area not overwhelmingly Black and even in those areas then you deal with issues like colorism which is a whole nother topic. Point being is they ain't making up this shyt. Also the whole "I don't need a man" shyt is 1)conditioning by white media and feminism, and 2)a reaction to the very real fact that they are the only community of women who for a large part of time HAD to do everything. It wasn't our fault and it wasn't there fault but the fact remains that a large section of our women were raised by single mothers who had to be independent and raised their daughters to be that way right or wrong. Asian women, Hispanic women, White women have had their men provide for them and support them historically in ways our women have not.

I'm not saying it was always that way or that it's that way now but that reality and history doesn't get erased overnight. It also doesn't help that as a society we only highlight the worst of BM and the nikkas that lust over anything non-black. Perception becomes reality at that point and thats how narratives get created.