Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Houston grandparents call local Chick-fil-A for help

HURRICANE HARVEY
Houston grandparents call local Chick-fil-A for help, get Jet Ski rescue
Email
2357478_800x450.jpg

Karen Spencer poses for a photo while being rescued on a Jet Ski. (J.C. and Karen Spencer)

Updated 53 mins ago
HOUSTON --
It's a photo that shows a light-hearted moment during the rescue operations in Houston: a grandmother sitting on a Jet Ski under her front door with quite the expression on her face.

Karen Spencer said it was one part "oh well, here we go!," one part "happy to be alive" and two parts, "I can't believe I'm leaving my flooded house in a Jet Ski."

She and her husband are hoping to find the mystery Jet Ski-operators to say thank you. Without them, they would have had to leave many of their possessions behind.

The Spencers, who live in the Ponderosa subdivision of north Houston, told ABC News that the first couple of days of Harvey were not bad for them. On Monday, though, their home began quickly filling with water.

Karen's husband, J.C., called their local Chick-fil-A, where they are regulars. He ordered placed an order for two chicken sandwiches, two waffle fries and some help. The manager there called her husband, who has a boat.

When help arrived, the Spencers were forced to choose which possessions they wanted to bring with them in the boat. That is, until their Jet Ski heroes showed up and offered to transport the Spencers, freeing up space in the boat.

083017-cc-jetski-rescue-2-img.jpg

J.C. Spencer exits his flooded house on a Jet Ski. (J.C. and Karen Spencer)

After all that, J.C. wound up making a trip back to his flooded home to retrieve his wallet and wedding ring.

"I couldn't save my house but I have to save my marriage," he joked.

And as if the story behind the photo wasn't wild enough already, they say the couch seen near the front door floated in from another room.

-----------------------------

...brethren...:to:

:wow:

What more needs to be said?

I'm honestly not even that surprised. CFA never ceases to amaze. Of course they would come to the rescue.

:wow:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
You can LEASE a Chick fil a for 10k I believe. might be something to look into

yeah to own a chik fil a isn't that expensive, but they have a pretty strict set of guidelines when it comes to who they approve. They want to see basically a somewhat religious owner, who's active in the community. Believe they do a pretty thorough background check n everything.

Went there a few days ago. Drive thru was literally wrapped around like twice, did my order w/the people outside, even with it packed it only took like 2-3 minutes tops to get my food. I get there and the woman at the drive thru pickup apologizes, hands me my food, then says she gave me a extra chicken sandwich and fries in the bag, apologized for the long wait, then hands me two tickets for two more chicken sandwiches.:ohhh:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
yeah to own a chik fil a isn't that expensive, but they have a pretty strict set of guidelines when it comes to who they approve. They want to see basically a somewhat religious owner, who's active in the community. Believe they do a pretty thorough background check n everything.

Yeah they do...but if you bout that franchise life... if you find a nice location, especially a spot with little competition but some nearby mixed use development... you will
:eat:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

Went there a few days ago. Drive thru was literally wrapped around like twice, did my order w/the people outside, even with it packed it only took like 2-3 minutes tops to get my food. I get there and the woman at the drive thru pickup apologizes, hands me my food, then says she gave me a extra chicken sandwich and fries in the bag, apologized for the long wait, then hands me two tickets for two more chicken sandwiches.:ohhh:
Holy shyt :brutuswow:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Yeah they do...but if you bout that franchise life... if you find a nice location, especially a spot with little competition but some nearby mixed use development... you will
:eat:

yeah i've never seen a chik fila not cake. They know it's crack. Guess they wanna know if the owners will be active in the community though too.

Still never forget my friend's wedding, was an assistant manager w/them for years. They catered her whole wedding (200 people). chik fil a everything, like they brought the restaurant to the reception. I was eating everything:mjlol:

Even had the OG cheesecake they don't serve anymore. shyt was lit:blessed:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I bet... lol...

And the audacity of folks to have fukkin' bum a$$, lower-mid tier, Popeyes ahead of Chick? :mindblown:

thecoli, y'all... :snoop:

Polls says a lot about people on here... :smh:

Popeye's VS Chick-fil-A!!!

Honestly I don't look at Popeyes the same way as Chik Fil A though. I love Popeyes too for chicken (red beans n rice too/biscuits/fries/etc), but Chick Fil A to me is like more fast food like. Popeyes I compare to the likes of KFC, Bojangles, etc.

Honestly Chik Fil A is its own realm. It's just a good place overall. Waffle fries w/barbecue sauce is crack to me

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null

So do you think I need to find a white investor to go in with me?

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Honestly I don't look at Popeyes the same way as Chik Fil A though. I love Popeyes too for chicken (red beans n rice too/biscuits/fries/etc), but Chick Fil A to me is like more fast food like. Popeyes I compare to the likes of KFC, Bojangles, etc.

Honestly Chik Fil A is its own realm. It's just a good place overall. Waffle fries w/barbecue sauce is crack to me

It is in its own realm... it's fast food, but to me, shyts all over Popeyes...just the quality of chicken shyts all over Pops. Only thing Pops has are the sides. If Chick-fil-a did bone in chicken, it'd be a wrap.