Chick playing young STORM think its time for a "SOLO" movie....

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm with you that they ran Wolverine into the ground...

*UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT*

...but still I don't think the rest of the X-men really need solo movies unless they go the Civil War route and include other major X-characters in each other's films. The interaction between these characters from all different walks of life is what makes their struggle interesting, IMO.

And to really keep it a buck, I don't think Gambit is a strong enough character to carry a whole movie by himself. He's too much of a style over substance character (although he's admittedly VERY good at that first part) who's never really had any truly legendary classic runs on par with Frank Miller's Wolverine, Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X, etc.
His whole existence lowkey peaked in the early 90s with the cartoon and the Capcom fighting games IMO--most of the legendary stories and arcs in the comics either had virtually nothing to do with him, were retconned to include him, or took place years before he first appeared.

To be fair, Gambit is still far better than these new-millennium garbage characters they're coming up with today though :scust:
When he picked that lock with the spike in his leg during Xtinction Agenda :banderas:
Dude had his moments, I'll give him that.

Uncanny%2BX-Men%2B%2523272%2B-%2BGambit.png

His most recent solo series was dope AF. It was heist flick after heist flick.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Are there any women of color comic book characters you guys think could carry a solo movie? If the answer is no, I'd say that's very telling of the comic book sub-culture.

There are very few characters that could carry a solo movie, period. The main problem is most of them don't have a decent rogues gallery, or any good stories to adapt to film.

From Marvel, you have Ms Marvel but it'd be hard not to make it Spidey-esque. Miss America, but how would her powers translate. You have Monica Rambeau. A sleeper would be Idie, but her push was dropped.

From DC, the easiest choice is Vixen. Sleeper would be Rocket

From Indie's you have Niobe

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Storm has definitely been a victim to 'cism and the "bro"-syndrome that's plagued the x-men.

As it is now, the only time ppl talk about Storm these days is to try and shoe-horn her into the next Black Panther movie. Hell, that's largely all this Alexandria Shipp actress was talking about during her press tour for the Apocaplyse movie. Basically was begging Chadwick, through the press, to consider her as his Storm or, if he felt she was too young, that she'd be cool with him hitting up Halle Berry.

Then earlier this year she was responding to a fan on twitter asking if she'd be down for StormxT'Challa in the MCU, and she got attacked by black twitter brehettes who pretty much said she was a trash Storm and they didn't want a biracial and other not very nice things... and she clapped back at them on some "black ppl are so racist towards biracials" thing and.. well.. it was a hot mess. :francis: Pretty sure the coli locker room feasted good on it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Are there any women of color comic book characters you guys think could carry a solo movie? If the answer is no, I'd say that's very telling of the comic book sub-culture.
Captain Marvel.

There are two captain marvels (there's really more, but for the sake of simplicity..). Marvel had a choice of pushing the blonde airforce pilot chick or the black Louisiana chick. They chose the blonde, and cast Brie Larson as her and apparently they want to make her the new face of the MCU following next year's Avengers movie. The black one will probably be the "black friend" in the blonde one's movie.

The Lousiana chick (Monica Rambeau) probably would've been the best option for black women. She's more powerful than Storm, arguably more powerful than blonde Captain Marvel, was actually the leader of the Avengers in the 80s, and had a brief flirtation with Black Panther... to the point where Wakandans were questioning whether T'Challa had wifed up the wrong chick.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:hubie::mjpls:

X-Men-Apocalypse-Storm-Poster.jpg

THR spoke with X-Men: Dark Phoenix star Alexandra Shipp about her younger take on the character Storm, who debuted in X-Men: Apocalypse. She'll be part of the main team in the upcoming film, but the outlet also posed the question of whether the actor and studio have discussed a solo film.

Not yet, but I am hoping we will get around to it. It is definitely time for these Storm fans to get the movie they have been dying for.

X-Men-Apocalypse-Trailer-Storm-Horseman.jpg

Shipp didn't get much time to shine in the role, but she's a rising star in the indie world thanks to films like
Love, Simon and Tragedy Girls. So if anyone could lead a film, it'd be her. And while nothing is in the works, Shipp still has some ideas about the fiercely independent mutant leader.

There are so many different storylines that we could take on when it comes to Storm — whether she is losing her powers or going back to Africa. I just want there to be a message of "this woman doesn't need a man." Just one movie where a woman doesn't need a man, really.

She ain't from Wakanda. She gotta go.

@The Black Panther (where's the bpdame and bpcamby smilies?)

:bpdame::cambybp:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Outside of Monica Rambeau, it gets tricky... namely because of what breh said here.

There are very few characters that could carry a solo movie, period. The main problem is most of them don't have a decent rogues gallery, or any good stories to adapt to film.

From Marvel, you have Ms Marvel but it'd be hard not to make it Spidey-esque. Miss America, but how would her powers translate. You have Monica Rambeau. A sleeper would be Idie, but her push was dropped.

From DC, the easiest choice is Vixen. Sleeper would be Rocket

From Indie's you have Niobe

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
A Storm solo is easy. Shadow King story writes itself.

No one wanted an Ant-Man or Dr. Strange movie but they dropped and made bank. That's just how the Marvel machine works.

The problem occurs when X-Men movies drop they are too plot driven and dark for the Marvel crowd. I love the movies that way and that's why I can't watch too many Marvel movies. Too many jokes and lackluster plots.

Again the X-Men have so many villains that most X-Men could get a solo and have an individual villain.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
A Storm solo is easy. Shadow King story writes itself.

No one wanted an Ant-Man or Dr. Strange movie but they dropped and made bank. That's just how the Marvel machine works.

The problem occurs when X-Men movies drop they are too plot driven and dark for the Marvel crowd. I love the movies that way and that's why I can't watch too many Marvel movies. Too many jokes and lackluster plots.

Again the X-Men have so many villains that most X-Men could get a solo and have an individual villain.

fukk that noise. i always knew an ant man movie could work. and i still think a pym movie could do numbers

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
if storm gets a solo movie i need a recast. She cute but she's not an african queen. Plus i dont want her to have to over act when it comes to being in a relationship with a black man :mjpls:

need disney to get that deal so they can retcon her ass :wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Batgirl - Cassandra Cain :yeshrug:

Kamala Khan I think could really work