Chick playing young STORM think its time for a "SOLO" movie....

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Cyclops was my boy when I collected comics. What they did to him in the movies :snoop:
i always thought he was a cornball in the comics. Did they change up his character after the 90's or do ya'll just like straight laced vanilla cacs?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
i always thought he was a cornball in the comics. Did they change up his character after the 90's or do ya'll just like straight laced vanilla cacs?

:mjlol: hotep set shytting on fictional comic heroes for not having enough Robin Thicke in his game

He was leader of the xmen and xfactor; soloed Master Mold too :umad:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol: hotep set shytting on fictional comic heroes for not having enough Robin Thicke in his game

He was leader of the xmen and xfactor; soloed Master Mold too :umad:
All the popular characters also have popular solo runs. What Cyclops series did i miss? I'll check it out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Long story short, Scott was that dude until they started boo-booing on him in the late 1980s. By the time the 90s arrived, Claremont was on his way out and the rest of Marvel knew how big Wolverine was, which led to them riding Logan until the wheels came off (this came to a head in the movies).

Scott was always that dude up until that point:
proteus18como.jpg

proteus2sjot9.jpg

proteus361qww.jpg
proteus405rab.jpg

proteus5fsr8e.jpg

The character got restored in the early 2000s (in the comics at least), until Marvel started boo-booing on him once again (and the X-men in general) because of the movie rights situation with Fox. In more recent years, Joss Whedon (same dude that wrote the first two Avengers movies) did some great stuff with Scott in his run on Astonishing X-men:

cyclopss-to-me-my-x-men-astonishing-x-men-1.jpg

cyclopss-to-me-my-x-men-astonishing-x-men-2.jpg

cyclopss-to-me-my-x-men-astonishing-x-men-3.jpg

cyclopss-to-me-my-x-men-astonishing-x-men-4.jpg

cyclopss-to-me-my-x-men-astonishing-x-men-5.jpg

cyclopss-to-me-my-x-men-astonishing-x-men-6.jpg

EDIT: Logan is still an awesome character. I just don't like it when the writers nerf everyone else so they can make it ALL about him.

uncanny-x-men-132-pic1-wolverine.jpg

^ GOAT moment right here :wow:

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
They couldn't even get Storm right in the minimal role she had in all the movies.

* Fox has a bad habit of treating nearly all of the iconic X-men like an afterthought in the movies so they can sell us on Wolverine, Deadpool, and a handful of big-name actors (coughcoughJenniferLawerenceMystiquecough)

Super facts. They completely trashed any character development that was not geared toward making Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Lawrence stars.

Hugh deserved the accolades in my opinion. He was a dope wolverine. But it is an absolute travesty the way they nerfed everyone else around them. Halle Berry is a fukkn Oscar winner and she had maybe 10mn of screen time across all of the movies?

Pure cism any way you cut.

I mean, they just completely fukked up by not building the xmen movie series around FORMING the team. It's like they always wanted to just make a wolverine movie and needed the x-men series as an excuse.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
The way they did Scott in X3 though...

On a real note though, even though I like Storm--I don't think most of the X-men are really built for solo movies like that. It makes sense for the Avengers since their heavy hitters have all had their own comic books and rogues galleries outside of the Avengers since before they were even part of the team. (Thor, Captain America, etc.)

The problem is that most of the X-men were explicitly designed to function as a part of a group from the beginning, and not as independent characters. The movies really need to quit screwing around and start treating the characters like a true ensemble.

The only X-characters that have any business having movies of their own IMO are Wolverine and Deadpool, since they're among the few characters to have carried legit legendary stories and runs in the original comic books. (Frank Miller's Wolverine, BWS Weapon X, so on and so forth.)

EDIT: I can see a "Lifedeath 1 and 2 " movie about Storm working, based on how she had to deal with the loss of her powers. But they would need to establish the character and let her shine for a movie or two before seeing her hit rock bottom like that.

Bro, here's the thing though, you can make a "solo" movie that feels like an ensemble. You telling me you can't think of a quality script for Gambit right now? The problem is they just wanted to make wolverine movies, and they had no idea how to develop a movie that was not centered around Wolverine. Complete lack of imagination and creativity on their parts.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yeah. Nope. There are very few X-Men that can carry a solo film. Storm isn't one of those characters.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro, here's the thing though, you can make a "solo" movie that feels like an ensemble. You telling me you can't think of a quality script for Gambit right now? The problem is they just wanted to make wolverine movies, and they had no idea how to develop a movie that was not centered around Wolverine. Complete lack of imagination and creativity on their parts.

I'm with you that they ran Wolverine into the ground...

*UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT*

...but still I don't think the rest of the X-men really need solo movies unless they go the Civil War route and include other major X-characters in each other's films. The interaction between these characters from all different walks of life is what makes their struggle interesting, IMO.

And to really keep it a buck, I don't think Gambit is a strong enough character to carry a whole movie by himself. He's too much of a style over substance character (although he's admittedly VERY good at that first part) who's never really had any truly legendary classic runs on par with Frank Miller's Wolverine, Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X, etc.
His whole existence lowkey peaked in the early 90s with the cartoon and the Capcom fighting games IMO--most of the legendary stories and arcs in the comics either had virtually nothing to do with him, were retconned to include him, or took place years before he first appeared.

To be fair, Gambit is still far better than these new-millennium garbage characters they're coming up with today though :scust:
When he picked that lock with the spike in his leg during Xtinction Agenda :banderas:
Dude had his moments, I'll give him that.

Uncanny%2BX-Men%2B%2523272%2B-%2BGambit.png

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
NOPE

need that Kamala Khan jumpoffington!!

MARVEL gonna fukk the game all up!!!
:mymanmarveldenzel:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully Disney gets the rights and cast another Storm that eventually marries T’Challa.

...nah

What's funny... poll internet comic fans and they'll have Storm and Cyclops in their top ten, and Rogue & Gambit as this popular couple. But check how the Storm solo, Cyclops solo, and "Rogue & Gambit" duo series did... and them sales #s were more wood than platinum.

Even in the movies: Highest grossing "x-men" movies (domestic) last 10 years: X:DoFP = 233m; X:Apocalypse = 155m; X: First Class = 146m

Comparatively, Dr. Strange = 232m; Deadpool 1 = 363m; Logan = 226m. The Wolverine = 132m

Mainstream-wise, X-Men been living vicariously off that fox cartoon for 26 years now. But at this point they gotta do a lil more with these characters bc the general audience got options in quality and quantity now.

honestly, i didnt even know there was a storm solo. as for the others, as much as i enjoyed the cyclops solo, people are fukking done with the o5. they need to get them the fukk outta here already. as for gambit and rogue, they keep retreating to the base part of their relationship and noone wants to hear that shyt anymore. both characters have evolved(and rogue has gotten around a bit since) so their relationship needs to as well. it doesnt help that other writers make gambit a fukking idiot too.

Yeah. Nope. There are very few X-Men that can carry a solo film. Storm isn't one of those characters.

thats a reality some fans dont want to face

Last edited: