Chick playing young STORM think its time for a "SOLO" movie....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unpopular opinion: I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO INTEREST in seeing a Storm/Panther romance onscreen in any capacity. IMO marrying those two off screws with the "status quo" of both franchises way too much.

"Well, the problem I have with it is, who gets top billing? Because that’s the function of a king’s wife is to produce little princes and pricessees, right? The first thing that Charles and Diana did was have a child. Their job was to have babies and be guarded and I think the challenge with any marriage relationship in comics—but especially a marriage of leading characters in comics—is answering the question: “What comes next?” Does Ororo become a supporting character in T’Challa’s book? Does T’Challa become a supporting character in Ororo’s book? How do you strike a balance between them? What do you do five years down the line? Because the practical reality is that the audience gets older, the creator gets older, but the characters can’t get older and the moment you bring a child into it, that automatically marks time."

~ Chris Claremont

Storm and Forge >

s-l300.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
On a real note though, even though I like Storm--I don't think most of the X-men are really built for solo movies like that. It makes sense for the Avengers since their heavy hitters have all had their own comic books and rogues galleries outside of the Avengers since before they were even part of the team. (Thor, Captain

What's funny... poll internet comic fans and they'll have Storm and Cyclops in their top ten, and Rogue & Gambit as this popular couple. But check how the Storm solo, Cyclops solo, and "Rogue & Gambit" duo series did... and them sales #s were more wood than platinum.

Even in the movies: Highest grossing "x-men" movies (domestic) last 10 years: X:DoFP = 233m; X:Apocalypse = 155m; X: First Class = 146m

Comparatively, Dr. Strange = 232m; Deadpool 1 = 363m; Logan = 226m. The Wolverine = 132m

Mainstream-wise, X-Men been living vicariously off that fox cartoon for 26 years now. But at this point they gotta do a lil more with these characters bc the general audience got options in quality and quantity now.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Alexandra Shipp is a much better actress than what she was given to do in that awful X-Men movie she appeared in but I doubt that even if a solo Storm movie was to be made that she'd be the one to star as Storm in it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Unpopular opinion: I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO INTEREST in seeing a Storm/Panther romance onscreen in any capacity. IMO marrying those two off screws with the "status quo" of both franchises way too much.

"Well, the problem I have with it is, who gets top billing? Because that’s the function of a king’s wife is to produce little princes and pricessees, right? The first thing that Charles and Diana did was have a child. Their job was to have babies and be guarded and I think the challenge with any marriage relationship in comics—but especially a marriage of leading characters in comics—is answering the question: “What comes next?” Does Ororo become a supporting character in T’Challa’s book? Does T’Challa become a supporting character in Ororo’s book? How do you strike a balance between them? What do you do five years down the line? Because the practical reality is that the audience gets older, the creator gets older, but the characters can’t get older and the moment you bring a child into it, that automatically marks time."

~ Chris Claremont

Storm and Forge >

s-l300.jpg

BP is my favorite character, but I'm not much of a Storm fan at all tbh. I like the concept of her, but i don't find it necessary for the breh. And not worth the politics. MCU Nakia >>>> Storm, as far as what I find ideal for the mytho.

And to Claremont's point, there's not really a question of who gets top billing imo. Storm, bless her heart, can't get a solo book off the ground and, in the last 10-15 years? (i guess since Claremont's X-Treme X-Men?), had to wait until Prof X, Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Wolverine were all dead in the books before she got a chance to lead the main team. And then got demoted like a year later for Kitty Pryde.

Now granted, all that may stem more from the :mjpls: 's that goes on in the editorial office but, regardless, if they ain't tryna have her be a supporting cast in Wakanda, then that's cool. She can go back to those "grass ain't greener" pastures with the x-men franchise. BP franchise straight with Nakia, Shuri, and Okoye

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
If Disney can get it and eventually introduce storm into the Black Panther universe fantastic...I mean has storm even had her own comic let alone a solo movie

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's funny... poll internet comic fans and they'll have Storm and Cyclops in their top ten, and Rogue & Gambit as this popular couple. But check how the Storm solo, Cyclops solo, and "Rogue & Gambit" duo series did... and them sales #s were more wood than platinum.

Even in the movies: Highest grossing "x-men" movies (domestic) last 10 years: X:DoFP = 233m; X:Apocalypse = 155m; X: First Class = 146m

Comparatively, Dr. Strange = 232m; Deadpool 1 = 363m; Logan = 226m. The Wolverine = 132m

Mainstream-wise, X-Men been living vicariously off that fox cartoon for 26 years now. But at this point they gotta do a lil more with these characters bc the general audience got options in quality and quantity now.

Sad but mostly true for 3 reasons:

* Marvel buried them over the movie rights situation and now they're only pushing GotG, Avengers, Spider-man, etc.
(To be fair Spider-man has ALWAYS been that dude)

* Fox has a bad habit of treating nearly all of the iconic X-men like an afterthought in the movies so they can sell us on Wolverine, Deadpool, and a handful of big-name actors (coughcoughJenniferLawerenceMystiquecough)

* For the comics... Chris Claremont left some big shoes to fill after leaving X-men. Morrison and Whedon have their fans, but to my knowledge no writer has ever topped the original CC run since in nearly three decades.
The comics in general (at least on Marvel's end) need to chill with all of this faux-Watchmen hero vs hero nonsense and let the heroes actually unite to fight against some real VILLAINS and protect innocents more regularly. Nowadays there's too many fringe social-justice weirdos and fanboys writing the books.

So many of the X-men are fragmented across multiple books and some of the most iconic characters are dead, or at each other's throats, etc.

EDIT: And they need to chill with killing off and resurrecting characters left and right. At this point they're only doing it for pure shock value, and everyone knows it's not gonna stick. I give DBZ props and that's where it stops.

* There's no cartoon anymore. This probably ties into the first reason. (Same deal with video games).

Last edited: