Chicago Mayor Announces Plans To Renovate Soldier Field Into A Dome (EDIT: Bears Announce Plans For Domed Lakefront Stadium)

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like the soldier field proposal to be honest. I find these new stadiums are cool and all but lack character.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:wtb:

are u saying this cuz they didn't make it a dome?
MetLife not having a dome is only one of a myriad of problems with that God awful stadium.

Stadiums in Qatar look better than MetLife and they built that shyt with boxes, bubble gum and human bones.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Hows rail line to the area they want to move to?

I know Cobb not having a MARTA line to the Braves stadium is why I don't even bother to go to any of the games.

I'm not too familiar with that area, but I believe they have a metra stop to take people to the games from downtown.

it's waaayyyyy too far out in the suburbs to be served by the L or CTA buses. I'm sure pace will be running shuttles out there from the city as well on game days.

I would NEVER EVER make that drive personally for a game. I'd have to either get a ride or take the metra or pace.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
MetLife not having a dome is only one of a myriad of problems with that God awful stadium.

Stadiums in Qatar look better than MetLife and they built that shyt with boxes, bubble gum and human bones.
Of course they could've built an east coast Jerry's World but I didn't even know MetLife was frowned upon in the NYC area

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Of course they could've built an east coast Jerry's World but I didn't even know MetLife was frowned upon in the NYC area
The only new stadiums /arenas recently built in the area that people generally like are Citi Field (and even they had to make that place over), that new Islanders arena, and the renovated MSG. Barclays is cool too.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
This cap about cold weather football gotta stop, nikkas sounding like 60 year old white men. Football thrives in the sunbelt becuase, gasp, it ain’t cold. And no one wants to pay $100-2000 for tickets to sit in 7 degree weather. This ain’t 1980 when you could take a family to a game for fifty bucks. Lastly, let these teams go to the burbs, at this point every big city has more pressing issues and better things to do with land than having it occupied for games and with slabs of parking lots
Give me a Northen city with a cold weather advantage :yeshrug:A lot of those Sunbelt teams cave in Winter for a reason.

Nothing like watching December football on a snowy field; Jerome Bettis trucking Brian Urlacher in Chicago :banderas:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
2.2 billion for the city to put up seems stupid as hell from a taxpayer standpoint…

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Damn Bears leaving Chicago shyt is crazy. You have 2 of 5 largest markets not playing in their actual city. NY and Chicago.
Find a place on the map in NY for a giants stadium :mjgrin:

Also add Patriots, Dallas, Rams, 49ers and more that aren’t in their actually city.

All of these teams represent the metropolitan region of their city or sometimes the whole state. It’s 17 games, not shyt you take a walk to when you have nothing better to do like baseball

broller

Veteran
Daps
Find a place on the map in NY for a giants stadium :mjgrin:

Also add Patriots, Dallas, Rams, 49ers and more that aren’t in their actually city.

All of these teams represent the metropolitan region of their city or sometimes the whole state. It’s 17 games, not shyt you take a walk to when you have nothing better to do like baseball

I remember the Jets had a proposal for a stadium in Manhattan before they joined the Giants for MetLife