Chicago Mayor Announces Plans To Renovate Soldier Field Into A Dome (EDIT: Bears Announce Plans For Domed Lakefront Stadium)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If the revenue was there then this wouldn’t even be a topic of discussion. All that loyal fans nostalgic, intangible shyt not holding weight. If it was a winning franchise that generated more money, we’re not having this dance that we’ve been doing for years now. So to answer your question, there’s not a goddamn thing I’m confused about.
yeah, I’m sure the Bears don’t generate money

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Man Arlington Heights is far af. I had a job out there after grad school. My offer said Chicago so I was doing the Birdman hand rub while thinking about the lifestyle I was bout to live in a high rise condo in the loop. When I found out it was Arlington Heights I was like :wtf:

That shyt was the WOAT commute to the city. The only saving grace is that there’s a Metra stop out there

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man Arlington Heights is far af. I had a job out there after grad school. My offer said Chicago so I was doing the Birdman hand rub while thinking about the lifestyle I was bout to live in a high rise condo in the loop. When I found out it was Arlington Heights I was like :wtf:

That shyt was the WOAT commute to the city. The only saving grace is that there’s a Metra stop out there
:russ:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Chicago-ish
Chicagoland
:mjgrin:
:mjlol:

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
the thing people need to understand is the Bears don’t own Soldier Field. Even if the stadium was vastly improved, the Bears can’t maximize revenue from it. It’s also limited in capacity and it’s a national landmark so it’s restricted in terms of the renovations you can add, although this plan actually looks nice.

end of the day, the Bears want to own their own stadium and make it a year long event space and destination

It would suck in theory to lose the stadium in the city just for the history and aesthetics. It’s on the lake and pretty much picturesque perfect in terms of location. The actual stadium is kind of a dump though and it’s actually difficult to transit to with a car or public trans

If the Bears built a state of the art stadium in Arlington and made it a full on destination with other attractions besides the actual stadium and a full on Bears campus, I can’t really hate on that decision. Arlington Heights is basically right by Ohare airport. It’s not like it would be in Joliet or something

the city would have to setup some serious revenue sharing split with the Bears to keep them in Soldier Field along with this massive renovation. I don’t see it happening, Bears are done there it seems

the city and park district organization might have to upgrade the stadium regardless if Bears stay. Maybe they can get a second NFL team. Chicago could easily support another team with full support
Funny you say Joliet, I remember mfers saying they should move to the abandoned nascar track in Joliet lmaooo

I lived in Joliet from 2012-2019, it’s truly awful

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

any commute from the city to the NW suburbs is brutal. it's literally the WOAT commute. I won't even consider jobs that are located out there at this point in my life.

matter of fact, I simply avoid the kennedy expressway like the plague. it's by far the WOAT expressway in the entire city. and the fukking express lanes are ALWAYS pointing in the opposite direction that I'm traveling.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Funny you say Joliet, I remember mfers saying they should move to the abandoned nascar track in Joliet lmaooo

I lived in Joliet from 2012-2019, it’s truly awful
Amazon bought some of the lot that’s why you see a of trailers in the lot but That shyt would be fukking awful ain’t shyt out there but warehouses :mjlol:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Hows rail line to the area they want to move to?

I know Cobb not having a MARTA line to the Braves stadium is why I don't even bother to go to any of the games.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Hows rail line to the area they want to move to?

I know Cobb not having a MARTA line to the Braves stadium is why I don't even bother to go to any of the games.
It’s a metra line in front of the race track so public transportation Will be A1 when the bears move there