Chicago Mayor Announces Plans To Renovate Soldier Field Into A Dome (EDIT: Bears Announce Plans For Domed Lakefront Stadium)

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
what land are they gonna secure on the lakefront? Unless they are going way south, I don't see any available land.
Who knows, maybe they will find something somebody willing to sell

Wasn’t they about to put a George Lucas museum on the lakefront

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

The site from the article:

As proposed, the new stadium would be in the area of Waldron Drive, just south of the Bears’ current home at Soldier Field. The project would include open plazas, paths and landscaping, with access to the lakefront, and could include saving the Soldier Field colonnade in honor of veterans.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
so who's gonna pay for this shyt? cuz the taxpayers are still on the hook for the last soldier field renovation from 20 years ago :rudy:

About to be on then hook for this bs too. :pachaha:

The new plan is for a stadium that would get taxpayer funding and public ownership, but that the Bears would contribute $2 billion toward.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m glad they’re staying downtown. I think I head folks mention public transportation isn’t too good near the stadium. Are they going to address that with the new stadium?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the bears never wanted to move off the lakefront anyways. but they did blow a ton of bread pump faking in purchasing that land anyways.
They’ll figure something out with that.
I’m glad they’re staying downtown. I think I head folks mention public transportation isn’t too good near the stadium. Are they going to address that with the new stadium?
Public transportation isn’t the problem, it’s in the south loop which has a bunch of options, it’s that the stadium itself is hard to access once you get there. Traffic after games is a mess.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it's logistical problem that they can solve to be honest.