Chicago has the blackest black ppl in America

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He actually has a point. French territory in the US was greater than English territory during slavery. There was a lot of subtle French influence all throughout Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky and Illinois. New Orleans was the de facto capital of that territory, which controlled all the other areas leveraging the Mississippi River.

newfrance-1745.jpg

No he doesn't, because the Southern portion of the French territory was pretty much vacant, except for New Orleans, until after the Louisiana Purchase by the USA. Slavery had all but ceased to exist in much of the Northern territories of the French.

The French influence in Tennessee was mainly around Memphis, but there were not many people that lived there before the USA purchased West Tennessee from the French in the Louisiana Purchase. Before the Purchase the borders of Tennessee ended in or around Nashville. After the purchase Memphis and the rest of West Tennessee, was populated by the people of Middle Tennessee (Nashville), North Carolina and Virginia. The States of Mississippi and Arkansas were eventually populated mostly by slaves that were sold down river from slave markets in Louisville, Kentucky. Those slaves came from the upper South, mostly from Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina and Tennessee. The White people that ended up in Mississippi were mostly from Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. Some of the Whites brought slaves with them from places like Georgia and South Carolina, but most of the slaves were purchased from upriver in the middle Southern States.

So there was never much French influence anywhere except around New Orleans, the Caribbean and in portions Canada. That is why the French language was not spoken much and you don't see many French last names.

Last edited:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
The real question is why when you hear someone say "the blackest of the blackest" you automatically think self destructive behavior? That's not what came to my mind.

Because it's common knowledge when someone says you aren't black enough that they usually refer to self destructive behavior but let's pretend we're in a perfect world and that doesn't exist. Let's pretends if a stranger tells you that you aren't black enough they mean you don't listen to enough Motown music and you can't do the electric slide. But it's the internet and real life doesn't exist because we are in a vacuum

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because it's common knowledge when someone says you aren't black enough that they usually refer to self destructive behavior but let's pretend we're in a perfect world and that doesn't exist. Let's pretends if a stranger tells you that you aren't black enough they mean you don't listen to enough Motown music and you can't do the electric slide. But it's the internet and real life doesn't exist because we are in a vacuum

It usually means that you are a c00n. A sellout. A clown that has no self pride and doesn't know anything about the history of his people or their cultural impact. It would be the type of fool that would claim that a White person is better at something that everybody else in whole the damn World actually would know that a Black person is better at. It would be the same kind of fool that would swear that a fat sweaty ugly White woman is prettier than a Black woman that looks Amara La Negra; simply because La Negra has brown skin and the she-beast White woman has pale skin.

But this is the internet, so let's pretend that you really don't know what regular Black people are telling your ass. Pretend in your own head that they are saying one thing, when they are really saying something else. Because LeBron James and Barack Obama are Black men. Everybody knows that. They are not engaging in any destructive habits or none of that other dumb shyt that you claim is attributable to somebody's Blackness. They acknowledge their African roots and they accept it. Whereas Clarence Thomas is a c00n. He hates his Blackness and he hates anything that looks like him.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
It usually means that you are a c00n. A sellout. A clown that has no self pride and doesn't know anything about the history of his people or their cultural impact. It would be the type of fool that would claim that a White person is better at something that everybody else in whole the damn World actually would know that a Black person is better at. It would be the same kind of fool that would swear that a fat sweaty ugly White woman is prettier than a Black woman that looks Amara La Negra; simply because La Negra has brown skin and the she-beast White woman has pale skin.

But this is the internet, so let's pretend that you really don't know what regular Black people are telling your ass. Pretend in your own head that they are saying one thing, when they are really saying something else. Because LeBron James and Barack Obama are Black men. Everybody knows that. They are not engaging in any destructive habits or none of that other dumb shyt that you claim is attributable to somebody's Blackness. They acknowledge their African roots and they accept it. Whereas Clarence Thomas is a c00n. He hates his Blackness and he hates anything that looks like him.

i stopped caring an hour ago fam

and i didn't scroll through every page of this thread

don't @ me

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
You don’t know a fukk about N.C. talm bout “the triangle is the most Black” you testicle gargling faggett :mjlol: Durham the only thing Black about the triangle. Eastern N.C. is RULED by Black you c00n-in-denial. Tell ya what pull up I’ll give you a N.C. lesson in person b!tchass n!gga 210 Broad St W, Wilson N.C. 27893 :demonic:
Wide Awake Wilson :salute:

Got some fam in Kinston. It’s def black out that way

invalid

Banned
Daps
No he doesn't, because the Southern portion of the French territory was pretty much vacant, except for New Orleans, until the time of the Louisiana Purchase. Slavery had all but ceased to exist in much of the Northern territories of the French.

The French influence in Tennessee was mainly in Memphis, because up until the Purchase the borders of Tennessee stopped at Nashville. Memphis (West Tennessee), was populated by Middle Tennesseeans (Nashville), North Carolinians and Virginians. Mississippi and Arkansas was populated mostly by slaves that were sold down river from slave markets in Louisville, Kentucky, and Whites from Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee.

So there was never much French influence anywhere except in New Orleans, the Caribbean and in portions Canada. The English influence was always the dominant influence, because the people that eventually populated the lands were English. There is a reason why no one spoke French.

Hmmm.... I don't think this is exactly accurate. The Mississippi River Valley Corridor all the way up to Minnesota had towns that were settled by French traders. This is even more evident because you will notice that cities along the Mississippi River from St. Paul, Lacrosse, Dubuque, St. Louis, Cape Gerardeau, down to Louisiana and many small towns in between are French. Additionally, French was spoken up until the Louisiana Purchase. It was called Missouri French

Missouri French - Wikipedia

Spoken along the Upper Mississippi River Valley in southern portions of Illinois and Missouri and according to wiki, although it's highly endangered, is still actually being spoken. And inhabitants of that area refer to themselves as creoles.

There are historical towns in southern Illinois that I've visited where signs, cemeteries, and town records are all in French.

Kaskaskia, Illinois has the originally liberty bell that was given to the U.S. by King Louis XV.

I do agree, French influence waned after the Louisiana Purchase, but it's there if you look for it. Now whether that influence directly or indirectly influenced black slave populations within the territory is another matter. I was arguing more indirectly. Branches of the family from Memphis and parts of Mississippi, along with being experts at BBQ, had their own versions of jambalaya and etouffe, were Catholic, and had French surnames like Martin, Arnaud, and LeCesne. They weren't exactly from Louisiana, as you mentioned, many of them came to Mississippi (or shall I say brought) from South Carolina via Charleston. But their cooking habits and religion were influenced by black creole culture from New Orleans. I know they didn't bring etouffee with them from Charleston-lol.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm.... I don't think this is exactly accurate. The Mississippi River Valley Corridor all the way up to Minnesota had towns that were settled by French traders. This is even more evident because you will notice that cities along the Mississippi River from St. Paul, Lacrosse, Dubuque, St. Louis, Cape Gerardeau, down to Louisiana and many small towns in between are French. Additionally, French was spoken up until the Louisiana Purchase. It was called Missouri French

Missouri French - Wikipedia

Spoken along the Upper Mississippi River Valley in southern portions of Illinois and Missouri and according to wiki, although it's highly endangered, is still actually being spoken. And inhabitants of that area refer to themselves as creoles.

There are historical towns in southern Illinois that I've visited where signs, cemeteries, and town records are all in French.

Kaskaskia, Illinois has the originally liberty bell that was given to the U.S. by King Louis XV.

I do agree, French influence waned after the Louisiana Purchase, but it's there if you look for it. Now whether that influence directly or indirectly influenced black slave populations within the territory is another matter. I was arguing more indirectly. Branches of the family from Memphis and parts of Mississippi, along with being experts at BBQ, had their own versions of jambalaya and etouffe, were Catholic, and had French surnames like Martin, Arnaud, and LeCesne. They weren't exactly from Louisiana, as you mentioned, many of them came to Mississippi (or shall I say brought) from South Carolina via Charleston. But their cooking habits and religion were influenced by black creole culture from New Orleans. I know they didn't bring etouffee with them from Charleston-lol.

There are a lot points here, but I will just touch upon the major ones. France sold the territory to the USA after the slave rebellion in Haiti. Most of the lands owned by the French in the USA were vacant, before the sale so there wasn't much French influence to pass. So the French founded many cities, but the Americans had already started encroaching upon the territory and after losing the war in Haiti the French were no longer able to defend the land; so they sold the territory to the Americans.

Second of all barbquing is not from the French. It is from the native people of the Caribbean and Mexico. The Spanish adopted it.

Third of all if you ever see a rice dish in the USA (etouffee has rice in it) then that doesn't have a damn thing to do with some French influence; that dish is from West Africa. You don't even have to go to no damn New Orleans to get those rice dishes. You can go right now to a Gullah restaurant in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia and get the same damn dish, but they might call it something different. In Gullah restaurants you can get shrimp and rice; grits and shrimp; Gullah red rice with shrimp; crabs and what ever the Hell else you want with your rice.

c629ffcdfed039b2d9e4ed9fd7284bb6.jpg

l_o3dmw2dyA5FVP-Oaae3HMCoV-hcw8gfilfFthD1GQRtWVVjP1zgbOjvUm4Jgu62zcYriGhLTLnJXrCRghu=s320-c-rj-v1-l90-e365

recid1396771.jpg

Catch2-1024x1024.jpg

Which brings me to this point. The Black people of Memphis ancestors are largely from North Carolina and many have roots in South Carolina too. The people of North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia are largely descended from the people along the Rice Coast in West Africa, which is the modern day countries of Senegal, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. As you might imagine those people were brought to the USA to grow rice. They brought their dishes with them, which are spin offs of Jollof Rice (Jambalaya, Hoppin John and possibly Gumbo (but Gumbo might have some basis in Congo as well)). Jollof Rice is from the Wolof people (sometimes spelled Jollof) of Senegal. Those rice dishes usually includes fish, shrimp, clams and other types of sea foods.

Just like in the case of Mississippi, many of the Black people that ended up in slavery Louisiana are actually the from the East. They were sold in slavery down river from Mid-South states (see "Uncle Tom's Cabin"). So those slaves brought their rice dishes with them they they had been cooking in the East. That is not to say that the French didn't have slaves, because they did; but a large number of their slaves came to New Orleans from French plantations in Haiti after the French owners fled the slave rebellion in Haiti. It needs to be pointed out that many of the slaves of Haiti are descended from the people of Togo and Benin and the significance of that descent is that that Togo and Benin is where voodoo is from. Which is how voodoo got to New Orleans.

If you notice; many AAs were not practitioners of voodoo. In fact most AAs are descended from the Mande people who are from the Kingdom of Mali. Many of the Mande were Muslim, which if you read up on the history of AAs you will find out that Islam merged in AAs churches.

Anyway I am point out to you that New Orleans didn't have that massive of an impact on AAs. The impact is actually from North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Virginia.

• Dap
Reactions: boy

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
Phoenix square couple blocks from nccu Fayetteville st pull up or shut tf up lame ass n!gga

Nah the Mac is right there. So is the southside. o choice but to take you seriously. Let me know when you get to Phoenix square and I’ll guide you on through. You’re thinking this is a game..

Tell a n!gga to pull up then sh!t yourself when he actually does brehs :dead:

Been wating on you in the mac sincen6p yesterday and aint going no mf where p*ssy PULL UP

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
New Orleans is the" blackest " city in america.

It is the fountain of black culture. If you find it in Chicago or Detroit, its likely to have roots in NOLA.
:mjlol: