Chicago has the blackest black ppl in America

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
It vexes me whenever ppl try to make Chicago out to be a cross between the Purge and Mad Max. I live in Cali now and when i wear my Bulls hat, ppl stay talking about "oh was it dangerous"..."were there a lot of shootings":stopitslime:

Mostly cacs who say that dumb shyt unsurprisingly...

City aint even that crime ridden outside of maybe 8 out of 50 plus neighborhoods

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
It vexes me whenever ppl try to make Chicago out to be a cross between the Purge and Mad Max. I live in Cali now and when i wear my Bulls hat, ppl stay talking about "oh was it dangerous"..."were there a lot of shootings":stopitslime:

Mostly cacs who say that dumb shyt unsurprisingly...

City aint even that crime ridden outside of maybe 8 out of 50 plus neighborhoods

Daps
Up north, most of the whites didn't get here until wayyyy after the Civil War and still maintain a lot of their "ethnic" shyt (Polish, Italians, Germans etc).

The whites down south are mostly Irish, Scottish etc. and their culture is more similar to the blacks around them because of being near each other for 300 to 400 years.

Basically, blacks in a place like Chicago aren't necessarily "blacker" they just have less in common with local white people because the white people are more European and less American.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Btw I think Chicago and Philadelphia could be two cities that could be the Atlanta of the north as far as black success goes if a positive movement suddenly rose up from the cities attracting other colored people. Prices in those cities are doable and not all black folks are into living in suburban communities like many people on this site like to portray.

Many black folks still love urban cities!
:mjlol::mjlol:

Daps
If you got a car then you not that poor; my dad grew up with no water no lights and holes in the roof in Coffeeville AL. I still got cousins who love back there and a couple never seen a smart phone. People in cities have no idea what poverty is like in the country.

Sidewalks also are useful for utilities.

Exactly. Both my parents are from rural east Texas.

No electricity, had to use the outhouse, wood fired stoves, no refrigerators so they used a smokehouse for meats and went to legally segregated all black schools until high school (they preferred the good black teachers at the all black schools to the white ones during integration).

The fact they both made it out forced me to realize early that I had ZERO excuses.:yeshrug:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Philly is a dope (plurality) black city but its not even close to Atlanta

I was there on Saturday and ate at Max’s.

It’s not even close but if the people got their mind together and took advantage while the city is somewhat affordable it could be a good spot for blacks who like urban areas.

I’m trying to tell people the same thing for Newark cause if Newark gets the Amazon headquarters the Cacs will evade the place

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Exactly. Both my parents are from rural east Texas.

No electricity, had to use the outhouse, wood fired stoves, no refrigerators so they used a smokehouse for meats and went to legally segregated all black schools until high school (they preferred the good black teachers at the all black schools to the white ones during integration).

The fact they both made it out forced me to realize early that I had ZERO excuses.:yeshrug:

Conditions still simular today or no?