Chicago Crime Tracking Thread

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and we all know the reason why they focus on chicago so why even bring that shyt up. Thats old news. Most hoods around the country are the same story different locale

so pipe down with that shyt b/c its pointless arguing which city is worse.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
and we all know the reason why they focus on chicago so why even bring that shyt up. Thats old news. Most hoods around the country are the same story different locale

so pipe down with that shyt b/c its pointless arguing which city is worse.
I wasn't arguing which city is worse....

But stigma, mentalities, expectations, media, etc all influence how a population of youth may act.... influences why and how a local government and police force may interact and influences laws and funding.
There are laws on the books right now in that city that only exist due to perception. ......
Not inquiring about these things is how crime rates drop during the same time Police "threat perceptions" increase. ...

Is why I was asking nikka.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Obama, since he and Michelle are from Chicago. Since 2008, the media coverage has went up.

I studied these cities in college...

I'm not understanding why bruhs are talking about chicago like this is the 70s and 80s.... since 1990 Chicago overal is a great safe place... even the hood. only people i know in chi live in the hood and are hood nikkas and still aren't acting like the shyt is iraq. I mean, Thats where I go when I need a break.

nikkas wanna say bu bub ub bbbbb ut it's a large city so the stats are off.... Well the hood and black rate is 34 per 100 k specifically. So what r u saying. compare Hood to specific hood..

all 5 cities I named are way worse so , what r we really saying?

we are saying Obama gets in office and we buy into whatever white supremacy tells us.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the type of shyt I would LOVE to participate in. If we could get these going on a massive scale throughout the city, in about 5 years th
After watching that video I was shocked to find there were urban gardens all over Atlanta. It got my brain moving thinking of the possibilities.

Was wondering why you was asking all them questions. Breh join they game. I heard a while ago from some atl head that folks was encouraging urban gardening in Atlanta heavy.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Was wondering why you was asking all them questions. Breh join they game. I heard a while ago from some atl head that folks was encouraging urban gardening in Atlanta heavy.
Yea but I'm in Champaign, Illinois currently; we have a few garden projects here, but I'm trying to take them to Chicago alongside other programs

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
After watching that video I was shocked to find there were urban gardens all over Atlanta. It got my brain moving thinking of the possibilities.
why are you guys open and vacant lots so expensive?

that shyts crazy. 25K for something you can get in detroit for 3k. jacksonville for 8-10k... right outside dallas for like 17....

Do you guys have cheap lots available?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'll be in chicago this summer as well.

Maybe even this weekend...

PM me your info as well. :upsetfavre:
You can come to my campus anytime you ready. I'm at the University of Illinois in Champaign breh. I'm always in the campus YMCA. Ask for the brother always leading the rallies and marches. They'll show you right to my office.
I'll be in Chicago in late June and July. I'll be in the Black community, hope to see you there too.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't arguing which city is worse....

But stigma, mentalities, expectations, media, etc all influence how a population of youth may act.... influences why and how a local government and police force may interact and influences laws and funding.
There are laws on the books right now in that city that only exist due to perception. ......
Not inquiring about these things is how crime rates drop during the same time Police "threat perceptions" increase. ...

Is why I was asking nikka.

Lol Im not getting you're point

the city is a business, financial, and transportation/logistics hub (and to an extent a cultural hub).

Those other cities dont have that draw.

Of course they( being the media and the 'system') are gonna focus on where their interests lie and how it affects them.

Is it not fair up?? yeah!! But I don't think that'll change unless something like drastic like cops vs street nikkas were to ensue.

And I do think Obama being president has a lot do with the focus on chicago violence esp among the right wing.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea but I'm in Champaign, Illinois currently; we have a few garden projects here, but I'm trying to take them to Chicago alongside other programs
I would go to be those hoods and look for those little plots and start planting stuff. And if they try and stop you do what that guy did in that video and get it legalized.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I would go to be those hoods and look for those little plots and start planting stuff. And if they try and stop you do what that guy did in that video and get it legalized.
Yea that's what we did in Champaign. I'm talking about getting with the community groups and taking the idea to other powerful groups like the Chicago teachers Union and doing a joint project. I got connects with the unions in the state, including the IWW who do great work in the Black communities. It has to be a massive undertaking so as to create a multiple programs and positions for the Black youth.