Chennedy Carter is hating on Caitlyn Clark on a Generational level

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Sabrina wasn't getting nowhere near the defensive attention and players being pressed as hell to humiliate her like Bawse Pawg. :ufdup:

STOP BEING A CASUAL.

CLARK HASNT GOT ANY SPECIAL
ATTENTION SINCE OPENING NIGHT.

SHES OUT THERE BRICKING 1V1 SHOTS.

:devil:
:evil:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Ehh, I don’t agree with this, sure the media may play a part now, especially with the race angle and all but I remember when CC was first getting buzz and the reason she got it was cause she was pulling up from the logo hitting 3s like Steph consistently, which we hadn’t really seen in women’s hoops, even in men’s hoops you don’t see it as often.

That said, CC will be fine, just like Angel will be fine, just gotta fight back, and in CC’s case stop all that damn flopping, but nobody in the W isn’t bow down and wipe asses for anyone, especially a rookie, and they shouldn’t.
And she started getting buzz because of NBA players like Kevin Durant talking about her on social media, then the linear media hopped on afterwards

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Same is crazy. 24million people ain't watching Paige as the main draw in a NCAA tournament game
I guess we'll see :yeshrug: Maybe not 24 mil but I don't think it's impossible that she at least draws tens of millions of viewers. The NCAA and these networks will have a vested interest in keeping the momentum from last season going by marketing their best and most notable player who's in a historical program fighting for her last shot at bringing them a championship.

Bigots might not rally behind her like they did Caitlin because she's a lesbian who advocates for her black colleagues but she has a huge fanbase on her own and when she comes to the WNBA there will be a shytload of fanfare and hype. She has a bigger social media following than everybody in the WNBA not named Angel or Caitlin. She was more popular than Caitlin before she got injured and had to miss a season.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People try so hard to wish stardom on people but in the end the public decides.
This is why it's a good thing that's she's flopping out of the gate. If she manages to overcome this weak start and the hate and become dominant anyway, she'll win more respect from men who don't really take their league seriously than if she came out and was dominant right away. People love underdogs and they love winners. If you're both, you will be popular.