Chennedy Carter is hating on Caitlyn Clark on a Generational level

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
However I do think it took a different turn when lebron and charles barkley came out and called women jealous and petty, that put an even extra target on her back, it doesnt help that she has an extremely racist fanbase who bullies not only anybody that dares play against her hard but also bullies her teammates who doesn't play well and she never speaks out to condemn any of that so I'm sure it's at a point where some players really dont fw her

That idiot wants those players to take it easy on her and damn near let her win

I'm telling y'all these dumb ass athletes who didn't care about the WNBA before Caitlin are the ones putting a target on her back. They already gotta deal with her racist ass fans but now they have a bunch of fellow pros playing captain-save-a-hoe for Rick Owens.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
For one, I've never searched for a WNBA highlight and this thread got me googling the foul Clark took from Chennedy :obama:

And also saw this

:dead:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
My whole thing is they mention what Caitlin has “accomplished” by bringing in views. It was the media who hyped her up in the first place. Also, Angel Reese not only being black and flashy, but doing the hand wave towards her in the championship game after beating her had a LOT to do with the hype Clark receives because of white people feeling the need to “stand up” for her. I hate how the media gives Clark the credit alone. Had she played a mostly white team and nothing extra went on, Clark would’ve just been another #1 pick like Plum or Ionescu.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
The last thing ima say on this is the rhetoric that the league needs her in order for it to succeed and not die is bullshyt

I will give her all of her due credit that she has been the biggest draw the league has probably ever seen up to this point, but if she doesnt pan out to be a star the league isn't going to fold because of it

Aside from her playstyle and history making scoring, a big part in her coming in with as much hype as she has is the whole NIL thing, college athletes are now able to be marketed in a way that the women before them coming into the league wasnt, college wbb has always been more popular than wnba and now theres a whole different element to make the individual players bigger stars as well and Caitlin(as well as Angel) happens to be the first beneficiary of that

You'll see the same amount of hype and anticipation when Paige Bueckers comes out next year and whoever else emerges in the upcoming season, Juju's hype is going to be out of this world if she continues her current play all 4 years

Last edited:
Daps

YOU CLEARLY DONT WATCH THESE GAMES.
YOURE JUST PARROTING SOME BULLshyt
YOU SAW SOMEONE ELSE SAY.

OUTSIDE OPENING NIGHT
SHE HASNT GOTTEN ANY SPECIAL
DEFENSIVE ATTENTION.

:devil:
:evil:

CARTER HAD 19 & 6
ON 66% SHOOTING

CLARK HAD 11 & 6
ON 36% SHOOTING

HATING ON WHAT?
:devil:
:evil:

The fact that the signature shoe, endorsements & Ms are NEVER coming

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last thing ima say on this is the rhetoric that the league needs her in order for it to succeed and not die is bullshyt

I will give her all of her due credit that she has been the biggest draw the league has probably ever seen up to this point, but if she doesnt pan out to be a star the league isn't going to fold because of it

Aside from her playstyle and history making scoring, a big part in her coming in with as much hype as she has is the whole NIL thing, college athletes are now able to be marketed in a way that the women before them coming into the league wasnt, college wbb has always been more popular than wnba and now theres a whole different element to make the individual players bigger stars as well and Caitlin(as well as Angel) happens to be the first beneficiary of that

You'll see the same amount of hype and anticipation when Paige Bueckers comes out next year and whoever else emerges in the upcoming season, Juju's hype is going to be out of this world if she continues her current play all 4 years
Same is crazy. 24million people ain't watching Paige as the main draw in a NCAA tournament game

Daps
Didn’t take long for white people to start showing their true colors. The racism is coming out. It’s obvious a lot of them aren’t fans of the WNBA. They’re fans of CC. They love the white savior storyline. :mjpls:

Look at the ratings/highlight views for every NBA game…then look at The Lakers ratings/highlight views…different ball game

You don’t think bigots drove up ratings rooting for Larry?

Ever heard of boxing?

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Shannon was saying that people will stop tuning in if these hard fouls continue. Stephen A saying the players need to ride this “money train.” :snoop:

The ONLY reason people will stop tuning in is if Clark ultimately doesn’t live up to the hype. A hard foul isn’t gonna stop people from watching. In FACT, when the Sky and Fever play in two weeks, it will be a must watch game.

These nikkas kill me giving Clark ALL the credit as if they (media in general) didn’t have a hand in building her up in the first place.

Daps
These nikkas kill me giving Clark ALL the credit as if they (media in general) didn’t have a hand in building her up in the first place.

I was with you up until this. I could promote anything I want but it doesn’t mean it’s going to fetch.

Ain’t nothing wrong with saying from an attention standpoint she’s the one. She drives conversation like very few at this point. White or black nobody gave a fukk before

It is what it is