Chennedy Carter is hating on Caitlyn Clark on a Generational level

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Thing about it is, if they changed rules to make it easier for Clark, it still wouldn’t elevate her because the players who are already better would elevate as well. Clark isn’t a dead eye 3pt shooter, she’s a volume shooter. She’s not a great ball handler. She’s not athletic. Someone like Taurasi might play another 5 years with new rules lol

That's another problem. Maybe she turns into an amazing talent but as of right now she's not that good. She wouldn't be the first elite college player to become a mediocre side show in the pros but this is the first time a lot of casuals have paid attention to a women's pro league. She's out there chucking up 3s and anyone else would have been benched by now. And like you said a rule change would only elevate the players already better than her. Not to mention the players who are coming soon, whose college game will probably translate better like Bueckers.

We're basically watching NBA-type bullshyt narratives and talking head nonsense get thrust on top of a league that cannot withstand it, while simutaneously dealing with casuals watching a few minutes of a game and saying what a minute this shyt is trash. I don't think anyone with a brain wants the weird racial arguments and debates that are going on over this chick. And this has been going on since before she joined the WNBA. There were plenty of black influencers on twitter throwing fits at Clark getting SNL spots, accolades etc despite losing the championship. Arguments nobody made about any top college athlete in any sport who didn't win a chip. Hell look at Caleb Williams recently in college football, or the flurry of elite basketball players who didn't win a chip (Zion, Durant, etc). WNBA gotta be sick watching that nonsense engulf the league.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I actually read it and don’t agree for the most part. I’m sure there are people who were interested in that but that ain’t got shyt to do with these jersey sales, attendance & endorsements at the levels they’ve been. Angel Reese has to figure out her own shyt so it isnt like she’s out there looming large like Magic.

People try so hard to wish stardom on people but in the end the public decides.
You give too much credit to the public having free thought. They largely follow what they’re told.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can understand why lots of women ain’t feeling the CC situation.

Skills wise she doesn’t seem nearly as good as the best of the best. And the media just makes everything stupid around her.

The foul was some shyt you will see in most games. It was unnecessary, seems the girl lost her cool and pushed CC outa frustration.

But it wasn’t some hard dangerous foul, CC even flopped to sell it a bit.

This wouldn’t even be a “thing” is their wasn’t some weird effort to prop CC up above everyone else. Looking at social media, they have taken this to swifite levels of nonsense and ladies just wanna play ball :francis:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida

Yeah, she's right :yeshrug:

We get that CC is bringing eyes to the league but to act as if competitive women should just take it easy on her was always ludicrous. Every rookie coming into any league that is hyped to the moon coming in is gonna have to prove it to vets ALREADY in the league. To put a villain label on these women out here trying to compete is crazy. Nobody is gonna take it easy on you just because. And I'm not saying I'm an AVID WNBA watcher because I'm not but I find it funny how everyone and their mom is trying to play the authority figure on how these women should or shouldn't compete when they barely knew the WNBA existed just a few years ago.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I can understand why lots of women ain’t feeling the CC situation.

Skills wise she doesn’t seem nearly as good as the best of the best. And the media just makes everything stupid around her.

The foul was some shyt you will see in most games. It was unnecessary, seems the girl lost her cool and pushed CC outa frustration.

But it wasn’t some hard dangerous foul, CC even flopped to sell it a bit.

This wouldn’t even be a “thing” is their wasn’t some weird effort to prop CC up above everyone else. Looking at social media, they have taken this to swifite levels of nonsense and ladies just wanna play ball :francis:
This is the attention the WNBA wanted. So all the buffoonery and fukkery that comes from other casual sports fans is now here in your sport brehettes.. Enjoy!!!🤣🤣🤣

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:mjcry: "WHY DONT YALL LET
CAITLIN SCORE ON YALL.
ITS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE LEAGUE "

:sas2: I TOLD YALL SHE SHOULD
HAVE TAKEN THAT BIG 3 MONEY.

CUBE WOULDNT HAVE LET THOSE
nikkaS fukk UP HIS INVESTMENT.

THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT
EASY ON HER TO GET MORE EYES
ON THE LEAGUE AND SHE WOULD
HAVE GONE DOWN AS A LEGEND
FOR PLAYING AGAINST MEN
WHILE KEEPING HER MYSTIQUE.

NOW SHES BEEN EXPOSED AS A BOTTOM TIER
WNBA PLAYER AND IF SHE DOESN'T
TURN IT AROUND
ALL OF HER GOODWILL AND FAN FARE
IS GONNA ABANDON HER
:devil:
:evil:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Didn’t take long for white people to start showing their true colors. The racism is coming out. It’s obvious a lot of them aren’t fans of the WNBA. They’re fans of CC. They love the white savior storyline. :mjpls:
it’s so obvious. like this random Asian nikka that is tryna plaster the other girl’s face out there so people can pile on her. 1000% not based in ball and race-baiting. they’re not even fans of CC moreso whiteness as a whole.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
The wnba players don’t deserve this bullshyt

The fact that yall in here saying that the wnba is hating on her is ridiculous

The whole narrative that the league is hating on her is false

Shorty got hip checked in a game fukk outta here

Yall want people to kiss her ass that’s crazy

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
my issue is this:

CC is what the WNBA wanted (and what they need). You want more money? Get a transcendent star to elevate the league. Its how every other men and women’s league has grown.

I’m not campaigning for the W to take it easy on her. what I am campaigning against is the outright salty and bitter attitudes that the players and personalities who cover the W are having about her popularity.

It’s like no one has sat them down and told them that “this is how your league grows. As painful as it may be the work of your predecessors is going to be minimized and ignored and narrative about race and other social constructs are going to be applied to create drama”.

And worse yet BW on social media are not helping because situations like this arent viewed with any pragmatism and have to be viewed through the lens of “misogynoir and colorism (which are present)” and a whole lotta internalized anger/jealously that it isnt a BW who is shaking shyt up.

Basically, they want it one way, when its the other.