Cheerios Airs New Interracial Commercial

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cheerios dragged into race row after releasing advert featuring mixed-race family | Mail Online

Cheerios has been embroiled in a race row after it released an advert of an interracial family enjoying the oat-based breakfast cereal.

YouTube was forced to shut down the video's comment board on its site after it was inundated with a torrent of racist abuse.

Some online commenters were so offended by the concept of a happy mixed-race family that they said the advert made them 'want to vomit'.

The touching short features a mixed-race girl asking her white mother if Cheerios are good for the heart before running out of the kitchen when she is told that they are. The shot then cuts to her black father awaking from a nap on the sofa to find a pile of Cheerios on his chest.

While it is now impossible to verify any of the comments submitted, AdWeek reported that the comment section contained numerous references to Nazis, 'troglodytes' and 'racial genocide'.

The Huffington Post reported that some commenters on the cereal's Facebook page also said they found the commercial 'disgusting' and that it made them 'want to vomit'.

One man expressed shock that a black father would stay with his family, writing: 'More like single parent in the making. Black dad will dip out soon.'

A stream on Reddit went off on a debate about the accuracy or likelihood of the mixed-race family being made up of a black man and a white woman rather than a black woman and white man.

Mixed race couples undoubtedly appear more often in real life than they do on television though as the 2010 Census reports that it is becoming a bigger population and may reflect in marketing trends.

The census reported that nearly seven per cent of all married couple households in the United States feature partners of more than one race or ethnicity.

The percentage doubles when you include unmarried co-habitating couples, as 14 per cent of those are mixed race.

Others thought that it was a marketing ploy to drum up good publicity for the company rather than having any true emotional meaning behind the ad.

'It has nothing to do with the company, the point is some casting agency/marketing department wanted a Carl Winslow, stereotypical upper/middle class white housewife, and a mixed girl,' one Reddit user wrote.

'Thinking outside the box is not an advertising M.O., their goal is to grab the widest audience's attention. And that demographic is generally filled with the same artards that say they're down with interracial couples as long as their offspring don't become a part of one.'

However, despite the string of ugly comments made on YouTube and Facebook, many were quick to defend the advert, made by Saatchi & Saatchi in New York.

Kevin Mueller added on Facebook: 'Every tv station in the US should play your bi-racial ad during every commercial break [...] Time to help everybody find their way to 2013 since some are still stuck about 60 years [in the past]. Keep up the good work Cheerios!'

The vice president of marketing for Cheerios released a statement defending the ad after the backlash.

'Consumers have responded positively to our new Cheerios ad. At Cheerios, we know there are many kinds of families and we celebrate them all,' Camille Gibson said in the statement.

Whitney Avalon, the actress who plays the mother in the 30-second spot, has been featured in 47 national commercials and she felt the need to come out in support of the ad.

She posted on Twitter that she was 'proud to play the mom in this adorable @Cheerios commercial!'

i wonder what made the media single this particular video out. these racist circulate all youtube videos that promote IR coupling to say the same shyt.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Alias Barry Soetoro4 hours ago

It's funny but you NEVER see a white guy with a black women on these groundbreaking commercials, ONLY black guys with blondes. .

I guess it doesn't fit the lefty talking points of all white man are racists and stupid so how could a intelligent black women EVER want to go with a white dude when she can get any thug in the hood ?

likes 156 dislikes 62

:rudy: It's always one.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Our brother's take on it :ld: ...................(I know a 'white' face makes things more palatable to u Negroes and Cacs :lolbron:) :
79bb6ee483d75fdde8af3fcc5e5f3d46.png

Last edited by a moderator:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Our brother's take on it :ld: ...................(I know a 'white' face makes things more palatable to u Negroes and Cacs :lolbron:) :
79bb6ee483d75fdde8af3fcc5e5f3d46.png

Insecure Black WMN & Racist White Men Blast Cheerios For Commercial With Interracial Family! - YouTube

what he said about black women and white men both using OJ as fear mongering is dead on. i just went on st0rmfr0nt to see an updated take on the situation, and this is the first comment i read

Some CAC said:
I learned some time ago not to wade into a comments sections like that.
You find yourself "debating" with Jews and Nigglers (spiritual tag team) that by all rights should be impaled and burned.

They will post so many comments that your good comment gets buried and within a day most people will not even see it.

You'd do better to e-mail or call the company..

On the other hand - if I was going to start posting to jewtube again,I'd have a user name like NicoleBrownSimpsonSays - that would be fun!

http://www.st0rmfr0nt.org/forum/t649698-176/

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
st0rmfr0nt trolls mad internet sites with nasty hate, they mad.....but nothing they can do

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm talking about black men not living up to men in other communities, economically. a lot of these white women realize after marriage that a black man (on average) can't provide the same lifestyle their white counterparts can provide and bounce. i gotta buddy going through this right now.

and it wasn't marrying for superficial reasons. it's hooking up because they're in love but without the resources to sustain the relationship, it soured. just my opinion though

and why exactly can't a black men provide the same lifestyle? :wtf:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and why exactly can't a black men provide the same lifestyle? :wtf:

:childplease:

why nikkas wanna play dumb all of a sudden like the wealth disparity between us and whites isn't astronomical. now all of a sudden, y'all wanna make it seem like black men are just great providers and foundation layers.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease:

why nikkas wanna play dumb all of a sudden like the wealth disparity between us and whites isn't astronomical. now all of a sudden, y'all wanna make it seem like black men are just great providers and foundation layers.

So every white women is living a rich lifestyle while blacks are all poor right? :dahell:

You Coli nikkas I tell you.
mysmilie_873.gif