Charles Ramsey

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I love what this man did. It was courageous and he's funny. For those who look at everything from what would a white person say is a koon. Do not even reason with it, you are a koon. For the area and where he lives, he is a product of his environment but it's that environment which made him loving and a good Samaritan.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The white girl runing to a black man line. but as i said before he's still a hero. some ppl would of ignored the girl.

Actually ppl did ignore it. There was a neighbor (I think a white woman, go figure) who admitted that at one point saw a girl at the door, screaming for help and she was just :manny: not my problem.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
I feel saddened and disheartened by some of the things I have read in the thread. I want to say so much but some posters have articulated my thoughts in a better way than I ever could.....(thanks MeachMonster....sp?). To put it as concisely as possible........the same white people that you worry about judging you based on Ramsey's interview.....WERE ALREADY JUDGING YOU. Why? Because they are ignorant and closed-minded. They do not care whether you have advanced degrees, dress nicely and live in the "right neighborhoods".......they put you and Charles RAmsey in the same box. Stop giving ignorant racists an out by saying Charles Ramsey reinforced stereotypes by his commentary. Sadly,the detractors would have laughed if it was good ol Uncle Charles telling the story at a family bbq but as soon as his brand of humor is televised....they look at the whites for approval to laugh.

FYI...I am not saying people should not try to be the best you can be by trying to assimilate to a society dominated by bigots but once you stop seeking approval from ignorant people...the less surprised you will be when you are faced with the ignorance.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is funny, but it's also funny how people say this set "us" back. How did it set us back? Is intelligence measured on how you speak? I guess he's also no longer a hero because he expressed himself in a manner that was unfit for most of you nose in the air 100k uppity ass IT nikkas. I saw the interview and I actually had respect for him, he kept it real and he didn't change for the tv. On top of that I felt I could relate to him, why? Because he spoke like nikkas would speak on the street. And yaw know exactly what I'm talking about, most of y'all don't talk the same way with your white friends as you do with your black friends. So salute to this nikka, and fukk all of y'all who said he's c00ning. The mans a hero.