Charles Barkley going off on This super team era

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think that's it right there.

In the NFL, teams have to function like well-oiled machines. The front office, coaches and players all work in unison to create ultimate success. In basketball (especially now), all you have to do is get two or three superstars and some solid role-playing vets and win. The coaching can be average and the front-office doesn't really have to do any work outside of getting the stars to sign contracts. You can do everything right in football and still lose. In hoops, that uncertainty doesn't exist. A football team can have the best player, best coach and best front office and get beat.

I don't fault the players. They should do what's best for them and their families.
That's more a function of the sport of basketball. The best player in football doesn't mean shyt because they don't play both sides of the field.

One superstar player in basketball can change EVERYTHING on a court.

Besides that, the best NBA teams are still well-oiled machines. The Warriors front office is one of the best in sports period IMO. They still have to create the correct team lineups, run analytics, and create environments conducive to winning. We've seen many times in the NBA when putting stars on the floor doesn't work out.

killacal

Banned
Daps
charles bytching for no reason. sure cats are teaming up now, but the talent is more spread out.

for damn near 10 years it was pretty much a lock that only 2 teams had a chance to win the title. gs or whoever bron was playing for. spurs and mavs had a combo breaker sprinkled in.
He's talking about individual talent that should be battling it out not championships.
with warriors dynasty over the league is more wide open than ever. unless kawhi goes to the lakers...
It's not about rings but the day to day matchups are no longer interesting.

The overall game is taking a hit when all the A guys aren't leading a franchise vs other A guys

I don't even watch the regular season anymore:wow:

I want to I just physically can't:mjcry:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain to me what makes watching one team that was drafted or acquired dominate, for even longer, more enjoyable than watching a team where the players actually had a say in their fate and they dominate, usually for a shorter period and often facing a harder road? The way the team came together has zero to do with the product you see on the court. How is what we have seen in the last decade any worse than the C's and Lakers lording over the 80s aka the Golden Era of the NBA? Because the players didn't have a say?

I agree with him generally

If Kawhi stays in Toronto the league would be so much more interesting/exciting/intriguing

If he goes to the Lakers its the Warriors all over again where we know the outcome

People always say this but you look at what actually happens with these "superteams" these concerns always tend to be overblown. The Heatles were supposed to just be ending their run now and look at how much has transpired since they actually did end. The Warriors signed KD in 2016 and it's over before 2020. Can we honestly say that either run was boring or lacked intrigue? We do this "whoa is us the game is broken" shyt, they get tested in a way we never saw coming and then it's over just like that.

im sick of the game being covered by mad ass oldheads

i swear, nba coverage is just old nikkas sitting around complaining :gucci:

can we find some young people that actually enjoy the game and era

Dude's are jealous and bitter. They either didn't have the option to control their own fate or they didn't take advantage of their options. It's no different from old heads that slaved away for one employer for 30 years on some one sided loyalty shyt, shytting on younger people that move from job to job based on their own preferences.

F K

All Star
Daps

The overall game is taking a hit when all the A guys aren't leading a franchise vs other A guys

Heat season was a big L but i'll never forget D-wade hitting that buzzer beater against the warriors :ahh:. Gotta give it another chance ,it's all about focusing on he little moments.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
5 chips is only a combo breaker!? damn you guys have high standards:russ:
from 2012 to 2019 only 2 teams not the warriors or lebron won a title. a good argument could be made for the warriors to threepeat this year if kd was healthy.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Nah, I don't agree.

There's plenty of talent spread around. It's not like we're seeing some huge disparity in teams' ability. The West is as competitive as ever.

killacal

Banned
Daps
Heat season was a big L but i'll never forget D-wade hitting that buzzer beater against the warriors :ahh:. Gotta give it another chance ,it's all about focusing on he little moments.
It's looking worse this year
If Kawhi signs with the Lakers 2 teams will have 5 top 10 players and 4 top 5 players

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Charles complaining about superteams when the 80's and 90's basically had 3 dynasties winning 14 out of 20 championships. :scust:

The 2000's and on have been more competitive IMO. None of the "superteams" stayed together as long as the Lakers/Celtics of the 80's or Chicago in the 90's.

killacal

Banned
Daps
Nah, I don't agree.

There's plenty of talent spread around. It's not like we're seeing some huge disparity in teams' ability. The West is as competitive as ever.
Stars arent dooking it out on opposing teams
I accepted when they stopped guarding each other for energy conservation

Teaming up when they should be leading their own team tho:hhh:
I get it and support it from the players perspective...82 games is fukking nonsense and so are the stars usage rates.

But as a fan naw I'm not rocking with this shyt and it's not about giving it a chance:yeshrug:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with him generally

If Kawhi stays in Toronto the league would be so much more interesting/exciting/intriguing

If he goes to the Lakers its the Warriors all over again where we know the outcome
You knew the outcome before this season started:martin:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
hell no, I want more games to attend in person. Some of you guys keep forgetting this a sport that people enjoy watching. This isên't some video games sim to the championship shyt. What am I gonna do on a random tuesday night, go to the opera?:mjlol: play video games?:hhh:

No fool, what I'm saying is youre not getting your money's worth if it's only a handful of teams worth watching.....and then some nights those teams are "load managing" having stars sit out games people paid good money to see.

I think theres still time to correct this but if it continues the league may have no choice but to cut the fat. Get rid of markets like Sacramento and Memphis and just have the "load management" built into the season by cutting it to 60 games.

To be as talented and well paid as they are, this generation of NBA talent is by far the laziest and least competitive of all time. I can see why some of the older players feel a certain type of way watching these spoiled b*stards:pachaha:

It is what it is tho