Charles Barkley going off on This super team era

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
It’s not about who wins.

It’s about the apathy that it creates around the race to get to the chip

It’s why the NFL excels cause it feels like everyone has a chance at the start
The NFL succeeds because of only 16 games, a hard cap, non-guaranteed contracts, and roster turnover. The NBA would need less games, and less freedom. Plus other sports arent judge as harshly for not winning a ring as NBA players.

This is the most open season in years. It's an odd time to complain about parity when a bunch teams have a legit conference final shot.

killacal

Banned
Daps
The Western Conference was separated 1st-8th by 9 games. In 1988 it was 23 games. How are the games less important now? They were even worse back then.
:wow: you're either blind or clearly retarded still talking regular season wins and losses,.when I specifically explained I'm talking about game play devaluation from less stars competing on a nightly basis:mjlol:

Go Google some more records because you assume im a back in the day nikka and are randomly insecure about it:gucci:

Yall are allergic to differences of opinion which is a sign of multiple mental health issues:francis:
Yall need help
How do you pay your bills breh I know you can't be hostile and dumb and hold down a job :picard:

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
wtf is wrong with nikkas... NBA is about to have one of the greatest seasons ever now that GSW and KD have broken up

Even if Kawhi goes to lakeshow, it doesn't mean they will win every game and cakewalk to a championship. None of their big 3 will play more than 70 games and they all will still be limping come playoff time. Not to mention the issues with all the egos on that franchise, from the players, to asst. coaches, and front office.

NBA season is a marathon its gonna be fun to see who is left standing next spring

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
Malone was something like a genetic freak & Stockton is probably the craftiest, slow & steady dude to ever play.

If you watched in real time, you'd see how old them niccaz(The Rockets trio) got over night.Especially Chuck.

33-34 meant you was ancient back in them days.That's why when 40 yr old Jordan came back averaging 22 a game back

in the early 2000's, the shyt was:mindblown:

Barkley averaged 19/13
Hakeem averaged 23/9
Clyde averaged 18/6/5

It was a fukking superteam. None of them were washed up.

And 33/34 was not ancient back then. The Bulls won 69 games with MJ (33), Scottie (31), and Rodman (35). :flabbynsick:

You over here copping pleas talking about “b-b-but Malone was a genetic freak” :damn:

FOH :mjlol:

No amount of mental gymnastics Is going to re-write Barkley’s history. And this doesn’t account for the fact that he demanded a trade to a stacked Pheonix team in his prime. :francis:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
full

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The NFL succeeds because of only 16 games, a hard cap, non-guaranteed contracts, and roster turnover. The NBA would need less games, and less freedom. Plus other sports arent judge as harshly for not winning a ring as NBA players.

This is the most open season in years. It's an odd time to complain about parity when a bunch teams have a legit conference final shot.
It’s not an open season if Kawhi goes to the Lakers

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I'd 100% rather a GM put a team together because that takes a lot more skill. When you draft a player that you don't know will be a superstar and you have a vision for a player or a roster I'd infinitely different than just getting already made, full fledged superstars to team up:yeshrug:
I don’t care if it’s the gm or players you still never know what’s what but I respect your honesty. Still don’t agree with it because all the build the own team people would take the easiest way to success yourself if you could but hate when others do it. Never made sense to me

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Who cares about rings now. shyt is so devalued in this era. Used to be a sign of the ultimate competitor. Now it's a sign of the best recruiter. Theres gonna be a year when all the top 5 players choose to play on the same team , they are gonna 5 peat, and nikkas are gonna be calling them Co-Goats :mjlol:. The fukk is happening to basketball
This the reality but people don’t want to hear. A ring has been devalued. Will be interesting how people look back at this era in hindsight.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Malone was something like a genetic freak & Stockton is probably the craftiest, slow & steady dude to ever play.

If you watched in real time, you'd see how old them niccaz(The Rockets trio) got over night.Especially Chuck.

33-34 meant you was ancient back in them days.That's why when 40 yr old Jordan came back averaging 22 a game back

in the early 2000's, the shyt was:mindblown:
The league was :flabbynsick: in the late 90’s and early 00’s, it was a superteam or at least an attempt at one stop it :camby:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Talent spreading out more this year. If Kawhi stays put in Toronto there will be only one Superteam in the league (Brooklyn) I wont count GS anymore, this yr they are pretty organic except for D-LO
bk aint a superteam tho

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This the reality but people don’t want to hear. A ring has been devalued. Will be interesting how people look back at this era in hindsight.
From another angle, players are more desperate than ever to get one. Because they are often sacrificing their own money and stats to team up, its value has increased.